Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2016, 05:41 AM
Loyal Fan

I agree. Finally getting country music was funny

Also that the scene with the I love you was heartbreaking. I like to think that, even though they didn't show it in the series, Hyde told her that more times later, only in private
Old 05-22-2016, 06:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by banane ane (View Post)
Also that the scene with the I love you was heartbreaking. I like to think that, even though they didn't show it in the series, Hyde told her that more times later, only in private
Oh they said a lot of things in private, pudding pop for instance. (still wondering what nickname hyde called jackie)
Old 05-22-2016, 06:28 AM
Loyal Fan

It has to be something sweet for sure

Ugh
He should have let her talk :/
Old 05-22-2016, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
Aww "Black Dog". I absolutely love that episode. The look on Hyde's face when Jackie was so happy he shaved his beard, shows how much he loved her.
Agreed.

I'm actually glad Hyde didn't let Jackie reveal his pet name for her. The writers chose puddin' pop as a punchline to generate laughs, not from a characterization standpoint. In truth, she'd probably pick something less generic. Kelso calls Jackie puddin' when they're dating, so while I love that Jackie and Hyde have pet names for each other, I'm less than thrilled by the choice of puddin' pop.

Yes, it's a nitpick, but I like characterization-derived details.

If Jackie had been allow to reveal Hyde's pet name for her, it would've been something totally OOC just to generate more laughs and not something Hyde would actually call Jackie. I prefer thinking he'd call her his tiny grasshopper, a callback to "Cat Fight Club," where he made himself vulnerable to her -- by revealing his own defense mechanism -- in order to teach her how to protect herself from Laurie and others.

Speaking of "Cat Fight Club," the characterizing details and character development in that episode is great. Hyde goes so far as to let Jackie sit in his seat, and he probably got them both comic books to read. He prepared her for Laurie's next confrontation as best he could. Of course, in the end, where Zen ends, ass-kicking begins (apparently).

Old 05-22-2016, 08:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm actually fine with him calling really sweet pet names. For me hyde comes out all tough and hard on the outside due to his upbringing (or lack of) but soft on the inside like just a boy that want to love and be loved.
So in private he could have let his guards down and showed his affection and soft side just to Jackie because he trusted and loved jackie.

The cat fight club is one of my favorite episodes.Shine grasshopper shine.
And also makes me miss Lori so much

Last edited by shyjamie; 05-22-2016 at 08:44 AM
Old 05-23-2016, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjamie (View Post)
For me hyde comes out all tough and hard on the outside due to his upbringing (or lack of) but soft on the inside like just a boy that want to love and be loved.

So in private he could have let his guards down and showed his affection and soft side just to Jackie because he trusted and loved jackie.
Oh, I agree with that. I'm just a sucker for specific and intentional characterization (rather than something tossed onto a character for a punchline). Like when Hyde tells Jackie he missed her calling him puddin' pop, he prefaces it with, "You wanna hear something sick?" Because even in private, he has to have some deflection when he's being or feeling vulnerable. So I'd rather him come up with a pet name for Jackie that's specific to his feelings for her/experiences of her and with her than something generic.

That's why I'm glad Jackie got interrupted. Fans are free to make up a character-based pet name for Jackie from Hyde. I've seen a lot in fanfic. Some good and some that make me shudder 'cause no.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

Ok I see your point. (How could I have forgotten "wanna hear something sick" line ) I also want hyde to call jackie a pet name that is specific to the feelings he has for her as you said rather than generic ones. But I want it to be super sick sweet
Personally I have never read any fanfics but now I am intrigued. I need some bad cheesy pet names!
Old 05-23-2016, 09:04 AM
Loyal Fan

Any pet name would be super sweet, I think, if it's not generic. Like, anyone can be honey or similar, but if you use something that talk of you two, well, it has to be sweet.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

I can see Hyde having a real cute nickname for Jackie. I like the idea of "Small grasshopper" too. It's cute.
I am an original”
Old 05-24-2016, 02:02 AM
Loyal Fan

It is ^^
Old 05-24-2016, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Speaking of sweet, Jackie and Hyde are adorable in "Oh, Baby (We Got a Good Thing Goin'). We can see how in love they are during this ep, and the episode also deliberately compares them to Kitty and Red -- despite Red unfortunately being pretty OOC in that ep.

In a cut bit from the episode, we learn that Hyde makes sure to get extra powdered sugar put on Jackie's waffle cake because he knows she likes that. But even without that moment, we see how committed Hyde is to Jackie. he's not interested in (abandoning Jackie for) the car models or the cars. He wants to stick with "[his] chick". I think this season 7 ep was another, perhaps intentional, step closer to him proposing.

Old 05-24-2016, 09:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Yes. In that episode it was obvious the intention was to make Red look bad but the scenes of the two of them together were adorable. That moment when Jackie feeds him <3
Old 05-24-2016, 08:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah that was good hyde and jackie moment.
I also like the little moves they do when they are in the basement somebody like Fez or Kelso does or says something gross and hyde shields jackie covering her eyes and ears or something. I swear there is a specific episode but I can't think exactly what it is. I'll look it up and come back.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sometimes their little background moments are the best in my opinion.
I am an original”
Old 05-24-2016, 11:50 PM
Loyal Fan

I remember that moment. I think it was Kitty who said that Red and her were going to have sex for the first time since his heart attack, which grossed out the whole gang