Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2015, 05:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiehydelover (View Post)
Responding to something that was posted last week....I love that basement high five
Me, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriosityShell (View Post)
I remember that fic! I remember reading some of it last year. I don't remember all of it, but I do remember that it was really good. I'll probably read the whole thing this week.
Cool!

Quote:
The final scene of "'Til the Next Goodbye" (7.25) is non-existent to me (although I will admit the naked Kelso montage was funny). I always stop watching once Eric leaves. In my head, Hyde of course proposed to Jackie, but the writers didn't show it to leave it open to interpretation to keep all the shippers happy. I will admit, however, that Hyde walking in Jackie and Kelso is series canon. I just ignore it and don't watch it. Just because I didn't like it or where it led to doesn't mean it's not official canon. S8, however, is another matter entirely.
I say it repeatedly, but the series ends for me when Hyde tells Eric, "No, I've decided."

*rewrites all the things* Muuuuuch better.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
I say it repeatedly, but the series ends for me when Hyde tells Eric, "No, I've decided."

*rewrites all the things* Muuuuuch better.
Really? Not even with Eric's final scene?
Old 08-19-2015, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think it's safe to say, that episode ends in different spots for all of us for our own sanity.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Really? Not even with Eric's final scene?
For me, the Eric-goes-to-Africa plotline doesn't work. I don't believe Kitty and Red would've screwed Eric out of his college tuition. Red, especially, was determined for both Eric and Hyde to go to college. My head!canon is that Eric and Donna eventually went off to Madison as planned.

Also, since Hyde doesn't go to college after all (thanks to W.B.), I wouldn't doubt that he'd give his college fund money to Eric. He'd intended it to go to the Formans anyway. Either that, or he'd give it to Jackie so she could pay for college.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

That all makes sense Lisa. I really don't think Eric going to Africa makes much sense either, it just kind of seemed random. I still did like the goodbye scene with Red and Eric though.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
I still did like the goodbye scene with Red and Eric though.
I like it, too. I can easily imagine that scene happening before Eric goes off to Madison.

On the show The Middle, the oldest son goes off to a college that's a 40-minute drive away from home, and his character is still in every episode, just as significantly as ever. T7S could've done something similar with Eric, Donna, and Jackie. It would've created new storylines, and it would've been an interesting dynamic for Jackie and Hyde.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:03 AM
Master Fan

Here's one of the few vids I've been watching on repeat these last couple of weeks...

Old 08-21-2015, 12:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
For me, the Eric-goes-to-Africa plotline doesn't work. I don't believe Kitty and Red would've screwed Eric out of his college tuition. Red, especially, was determined for both Eric and Hyde to go to college. My head!canon is that Eric and Donna eventually went off to Madison as planned.

Also, since Hyde doesn't go to college after all (thanks to W.B.), I wouldn't doubt that he'd give his college fund money to Eric. He'd intended it to go to the Formans anyway. Either that, or he'd give it to Jackie so she could pay for college.
Ahhh. Okay. I see where you're coming from. Imo, the show should have ended with season seven in which Eric and Donna would have moved to Madison and said goodbye in the finale. I don't think Jackie and Hyde should have gotten engaged. It seemed kind of unnecessary and I would have wanted them to be engaged because Hyde wanted to. Not because Jackie gave him an ultimatum.

EDIT: I'm reading the "Jackie Bags Hyde" chapter of Filling in the Gaps and I love the use of Tiny Dancer. One of my guilty pleasure songs.

Last edited by FuriosityShell; 08-21-2015 at 09:42 PM
Old 08-22-2015, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Folie, thanks for posting that fanvid! All the feels.

Furiosity, I agree that Jackie and Hyde shouldn't have gotten engaged the way the show handled it in season 7. That was bad for both Jackie and Hyde's characters and, imo, not in-character for either of them.

I think Jackie would've been preparing to go off to college, and she would've been super-insecure about leaving Hyde in Point Place. Hyde might've joked with her at first, but then he would've said something like, "I'm not goin' anywhere."

Jackie [sad]: I know. You're staying in Point Place while I go to school in Chicago.

Hyde: No, man. I mean ... [takes Jackie's hand] I'm not goin' anywhere. I'll be here when you come back on weekends, and I'll be there when I drive up for the weekend and hide-out in your dorm room. I've got that picture of you in that bikini, so I'll take care of myself fine while you're gone.

Jackie [realizes what Hyde means and laughs]: Steven!

Hyde: What? My chick's gonna be miles away where I can't touch her. I gotta do somethin'.

Jackie [holding out her hand: Well, where's my picture of you without your shirt on?

Hyde: Uh...

Jackie: There'll be a lot of good looking men on the campus, Steven--

Hyde: Crap. I gotta find a camera.

---

Essentially, Hyde would confirm his commitment to Jackie, and they'd make a semi-long-distance relationship work. Then, once Jackie graduated from college, Hyde would propose. He'd have four years to earn money and to grow confident as the manager/owner of Grooves. Maybe he'd take on more responsibilities in W.B.'s company or come up with something new for W.B.'s company to do, and he'd spearhead that.

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 08-24-2015 at 10:59 PM
Old 08-23-2015, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Folie, thanks for posting that fanvid! All the feels.

Furiosity, I agree that Jackie and Hyde shouldn't have gotten engaged the way the show handled it in season 7. That was bad for both Jackie and Hyde's characters and, imo, not in-character for either of them.

I think Jackie would've been preparing to go off to college, and she would've been super-insecure about leaving Hyde in Point Place. Hyde might've joked with her at first, but then he would've said something like, "I'm not goin' anywhere."

Jackie [sad]: I know. You're staying in Point Place while I go to school in Chicago.

Hyde: No, man. I mean ... [takes Jackie's hand I'm not goin' anywhere. I'll be here when you come back on weekends, and I'll be there when I drive up for the weekend and hide-out in your dorm room. I've got that picture of you in that bikini, so I'll take care of myself fine while you're gone.

Jackie [realizes what Hyde means and laughs]: Steven!

Hyde: What? My chick's gonna be miles away where I can't touch her. I gotta do somethin'.

Jackie [holding out her hand: Well, where's my picture of you without your shirt on?

Hyde: Uh...

Jackie: There'll be a lot of good looking men on the campus, Steven--

Hyde: Crap. I gotta find a camera.

---

Essentially, Hyde would confirm his commitment to Jackie, and they'd make a semi-long-distance relationship work. Then, once Jackie graduated from college, Hyde would propose. He'd have four years to earn money and to grow confident as the manager/owner of Grooves. Maybe he'd take on more responsibilities in W.B.'s company or come up with something new for W.B.'s company to do, and he'd spearhead that.
I can totally see that conversation happening Lisa.

Love that Jackie/Hyde video. I always love looking for new ones on Youtube.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
And honestly, I've happily noticed, there's been quite a few new ones lately.
I think the show getting a Netflix run this year, has helped with reminding people how AWESOME these two are.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I can totally see that conversation happening Lisa.

Yes. Would have made for a fantastic Zen moment.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have noticed a few new ones too lately.

I am glad the show is still on Netflix after all this time, even though I own it.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:08 AM
Master Fan

Old 08-29-2015, 11:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Love that video! Thank you for sharing it!