Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2014, 01:20 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
"Black Dog" showed us how much Hyde loves Jackie. He might've been inept, at first, at comforting her -- but he kept on trying and asked for advice how to help her. And his inability to comfort her got him really down. He was sad/upset/gloomy about not being able to make her feel better. To me, that speaks volumes. And the, of course, he shaves his beard -- sacrifices his own lesser need (to have a beard ) for her greater one.
I love this episode. Hyde's in love with her at this point because it really bothers him that he can't comfort her. He even opened up to Mrs. Forman and listened to Eric and Donna's advice because he was trying to find the right way to comfort Jackie. Then he shaves off his beard just to make her happy, aww
Old 01-03-2014, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanselnext (View Post)
I love this episode. Hyde's in love with her at this point because it really bothers him that he can't comfort her. He even opened up to Mrs. Forman and listened to Eric and Donna's advice because he was trying to find the right way to comfort Jackie. Then he shaves off his beard just to make her happy, aww
You said it all, Nancy!

Something I found in the archives (but the writing's by me):

Interesting Zennie Coincidence.

In “Kelso’s Serenade,” Hyde’s having a hard time consoling Jackie over her breakup with Kelso while folding the same shirt he wore in “Nobody’s Fault but Mine” when he confessed to Jackie he slept with the nurse, and Jackie broke up with him.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:59 AM
Obsessed Fan

Interesting find!
Old 01-04-2014, 01:50 AM
Passionate Fan

That is interesting. Also didn't Kelso wear that shirt on the show?
Old 01-04-2014, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kelso wore a similar shirt with a pair of bicycles printed on it -- and then Randy wore Kelso's shirt in S8.

So what are your two favorite Zennie moments? Pick one from before season 5 and one from season 5 and on.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

That is a very interesting coincidence!

Oh Lisa, I am so going to have to think about this one. It's going to be hard to narrow it down.
I am an original”
Old 01-05-2014, 01:21 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Kelso wore a similar shirt with a pair of bicycles printed on it -- and then Randy wore Kelso's shirt in S8.
I thought it might have been the same shirt.

Quote:

So what are your two favorite Zennie moments? Pick one from before season 5 and one from season 5 and on.
This is tough since there are so many great zennie moments

Favorite zennie moment before S5: J/H first date in JBH where they share their first kiss

Favorite zennie moment from S5 and on: Jackie tells Hyde that she loves him in Babe I'm Gonna Leave You.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
Oh Lisa, I am so going to have to think about this one. It's going to be hard to narrow it down.
Take all the time you need. It's a tough one; I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanselnext (View Post)
I thought it might have been the same shirt.

Favorite zennie moment before S5: J/H first date in JBH where they share their first kiss

Favorite zennie moment from S5 and on: Jackie tells Hyde that she loves him in Babe I'm Gonna Leave You.
Excellent choices, Nancy! One really can't go wrong picking among all of Jackie and Hyde's great moments. As for me, I might be cheating here (), but I have two pre-S5 Zennie moments that are tied for favorite.

Favorite Pre-S5 Zennie Moment #1: From "Kelso's Serenade," Hyde and Jackie's scene in the Lincoln. Hyde's compassion for her -- in his words and actions. Telling her she can do better than Kelso, one of his own best friends, has many layers. And I love that he brushes her hair back (though frantically).

Favorite Pre-S5 Zennie Moment #2: From "Jackie Bags Hyde," Hyde's protectiveness of Jackie when talking to Chip. He wanted a) to check out his competition and b) make sure Chip was safe for Jackie after everything she'd experienced with Kelso. Then, when Hyde discovers that Chip doesn't see Jackie as a person but a "bitch" whose only worth is sex, Hyde slugs him. Jackie had been used by Kelso, and Hyde didn't want Jackie to experience that again.

Favorite S5+ Zennie Moment: Can I say almost all of them? No? Okay, then. "Bring It On Home". Hyde is so protective of her during that episode. Can you see a theme here? But he makes himself a safe place for her. Staying with Kelso (back when he and Jackie were together) would've come with a price, but Hyde gives Jackie a safe place to sleep without violating her boundaries.

But runners-up () are 1) Hyde's uninterruptible in-love-with-Jackie daze in "Immigrant Song" 2) the circle from "I'm a Boy" where Hyde makes it clear in his Hyde way that he's happy with Jackie (#neveroverthatsmile) 3) When Hyde tells Kelso he never "felt this way about a girl before" in "Immigrant Song".

All right, I'll stop ('cause I could keep going).

ETA: *flails* A new DM tweet on season 8:

He's totally a Zennie! Even he knows J/H should've ended up together. Dang it, but he but didn't care enough then to fight for it and to tell Wilmer to cut it out during contract negotiations.

Still, the positive side of J/H being screwed up so badly = all the fantastic fanfics we got because of it. But that may be the only positive.

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 01-05-2014 at 09:42 AM
Old 01-05-2014, 02:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

That tweet was one of the first things I saw when I woke up this morning. Made me smile like a crazy person. He knows how to make us happy

This is quite random but one quote I've always liked is in season 6 when Hyde compares Jackie to Tahiti how it's "warm and beautiful and you want to go there". To me, it kind of feels like Hyde admitting he wanted her before they got together
Old 01-06-2014, 12:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love that tweet so much from Danny! I love whenever he tweets about how bad season 8 was. I seriously wonder how much say he had in season 8 though, it doesn't sound like he had much say at all.

Okay my favorite pre season 5 favorite moment:

When Hyde teaches Jackie Zen. Not only was it a very fun scene to watch, he cared about Jackie enough to try and help protect herself from Laurie.

Favorite season 5 and on moment:

This was really hard, but I am going to have to go with "Immigrant song" and the love daze. That look he was giving Jackie was the look of a man in love. It was obvious too, that Jackie still loved Hyde as well.
I am an original”
Old 01-06-2014, 05:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think the whole of Immigrant song is one of my favourite "moments". The way Hyde talks to Kelso about Jackie, the way he stares at her and even the fact he's pleading for another chance as depressing as it is, it definitely showed how much he loves her
Old 01-06-2014, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell888 (View Post)
This is quite random but one quote I've always liked is in season 6 when Hyde compares Jackie to Tahiti how it's "warm and beautiful and you want to go there". To me, it kind of feels like Hyde admitting he wanted her before they got together
Yeah, that's a good one. I like to interpret when he says "warm," he means in the loving/affectionate/compassionate sense, not in the physical sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell888 (View Post)
I think the whole of Immigrant song is one of my favourite "moments". The way Hyde talks to Kelso about Jackie, the way he stares at her and even the fact he's pleading for another chance as depressing as it is, it definitely showed how much he loves her
Yeah, it's one of my favorite all-around episodes, too.

Quote:
I love that tweet so much from Danny! I love whenever he tweets about how bad season 8 was. I seriously wonder how much say he had in season 8 though, it doesn't sound like he had much say at all.
If Wilmer could demand story-events to be put in his contract, I think DM could've had some say during all of this. It must've not been important enough to him.

Wilmer, though, probably wanted to end the series playing a character that would help keep him from being typecast. He didn't want to be Steve-Urkeled. I don't blame him for that, but the way he went about getting what he wanted came at too high a price. Season-8!Fez became a player who all the hot ladies wanted to screw -- even though he screwed them over. And he was the guy who the hottest of all the hot ladies on the show (i.e. Jackie) ends up with over the other male leads, thus proving Fez (and Wilmer) is the hottest guy of them all.

But the price for Wilmer's needs -- and the new showrunners' misinterpretation/misunderstanding of T7S's soul? The show itself. Season 8 isn't considered a canon part of the series by most fans. The show should've ended in season 7 with Eric leaving and Hyde reconciling with Jackie and proposing.

But a way existed so that Wilmer could get what he wanted and the show's fans could get what they wanted while not destroying T7S: bring back Cynthia Lamontagne as Big Rhonda, only as her hot-as-hell self instead of in the Big Rhonda get-up. Fez (and Wilmer) wouldn't have had a use for Jackie them. Cynthia would've been good enough for the character and actors' needs.

Ugh. This has made me ranty. I just hate seeing a piece of transformative entertaining art being unnecessarily and carelessly destroyed.

Quote:
Okay my favorite pre season 5 favorite moment:

When Hyde teaches Jackie Zen. Not only was it a very fun scene to watch, he cared about Jackie enough to try and help protect herself from Laurie.
Oh, yeah! Man, that's so high up there for me, too. That's what made Jackie begin to hero-worship Hyde.

Quote:
Favorite season 5 and on moment:

This was really hard, but I am going to have to go with "Immigrant song" and the love daze. That look he was giving Jackie was the look of a man in love. It was obvious too, that Jackie still loved Hyde as well.
I almost chose that as my number 1, too. We're all in sync!

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 01-06-2014 at 07:56 AM
Old 01-06-2014, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

They could have brought back any of Fez's past girlfriends for him to make Wilmer happy, I don't know why they didn't think of that. I have to wonder, if they kept Danny out of the loop before the season, who knows what really went on. The only reason I have to wonder is because Danny said he had no say in it whatsoever. It's all a mystery as to why they did what they did.

Anyway, back on happier things! We all know Jackie and Hyde actually ended up together, no matter what the writers tried to tell us.
I am an original”
Old 01-07-2014, 01:34 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:

Excellent choices, Nancy! One really can't go wrong picking among all of Jackie and Hyde's great moments. As for me, I might be cheating here (), but I have two pre-S5 Zennie moments that are tied for favorite.

Favorite Pre-S5 Zennie Moment #1: From "Kelso's Serenade," Hyde and Jackie's scene in the Lincoln. Hyde's compassion for her -- in his words and actions. Telling her she can do better than Kelso, one of his own best friends, has many layers. And I love that he brushes her hair back (though frantically).

Favorite Pre-S5 Zennie Moment #2: From "Jackie Bags Hyde," Hyde's protectiveness of Jackie when talking to Chip. He wanted a) to check out his competition and b) make sure Chip was safe for Jackie after everything she'd experienced with Kelso. Then, when Hyde discovers that Chip doesn't see Jackie as a person but a "bitch" whose only worth is sex, Hyde slugs him. Jackie had been used by Kelso, and Hyde didn't want Jackie to experience that again.

Favorite S5+ Zennie Moment: Can I say almost all of them? No? Okay, then. "Bring It On Home". Hyde is so protective of her during that episode. Can you see a theme here? But he makes himself a safe place for her. Staying with Kelso (back when he and Jackie were together) would've come with a price, but Hyde gives Jackie a safe place to sleep without violating her boundaries.
I love how you interpret all these moments. Hyde's very protective of her. Bring it On Home is a favorite of mine because he gave a Jackie a safe place to sleep without expecting anything in return. He also kept Jackie being abandoned by her mom a secret from everyone because I'm sure Jackie didn't want anyone to pity her. Hyde understands what is like to be abandoned.

Quote:
2) the circle from "I'm a Boy" where Hyde makes it clear in his Hyde way that he's happy with Jackie (#neveroverthatsmile)
I don't remember this zennie moment. I need to watch this episode.

Quote:
He's totally a Zennie! Even he knows J/H should've ended up together. Dang it, but he but didn't care enough then to fight for it and to tell Wilmer to cut it out during contract negotiations.

Still, the positive side of J/H being screwed up so badly = all the fantastic fanfics we got because of it. But that may be the only positive.
Yes, DM is totally a zennie To be honest I don't think DM had any idea what the writers were going to do with the characters in S8 even if Wilmer had negotiated something in his contract for his character (which I personally believe he did). He's probably one of those actors that doesn't tell a writer how to do his/her job. As disappointed as he might have been with the storylines maybe he felt it wasn't his place to say anything. Really wish the writers would've given the fans what they wanted since the fans made the show what it was. J/H were by far the most popular couple and they should've focused on that especially since Topher was gone and there was no E/D.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:56 AM
Loyal Fan

x

I felt like making some that 70s show edits.