Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2013, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
Great idea Lisa! I will have to narrow down my list, but this is a great idea and I will work on my list tonight!
Can't wait to see your list, Colleen!

Story 1: Afterword by chromeknickers (chromeknickers | FanFiction)
Story 1 Link: Afterword Chapter 1: Prologue, a that '70s show fanfic | FanFiction
Story 1 "Why I Love This Story": The author's writing skills are fantastic. Her story contains vivid imagery, intriguing plot turns, and characterization that sucks you right in. I'm always deeply entrenched in the fictional dream she's built, and I care about what's at stake for Jackie and Hyde. The author also has a clear writing voice. Her interpretation of and approach to the characters sets this fic apart from so many that rehash the same fanfic plots repeatedly.

Story 2: Filling in the Gaps by rebeldivaluv (rebeldivaluv | FanFiction)
Story 2 Link: Filling the Gaps Chapter 1: That '70s Pilot, a that '70s show fanfic | FanFiction
Story 2 "Why I Love This Story": This fic gives a Zennie twist to the first 100 episodes of the series. A delicious tension pulses between Jackie and Hyde in each chapter -- and some of her "missing scenes" and reinterpretations have become my head!canon.

Story 3: Steven Who? by kezztip (kezztip | FanFiction)
Story 3 Link: Steven Who? Chapter 1: Sitting Shiva, a that '70s show fanfic | FanFiction
Story 3 "Why I Love This Story": Kezztip's story deals with the aftermath of season 8 in a unique and creative way. The writer creates empathy for both Jackie's pain and for Hyde's desire to earn back Jackie's love. The story has interesting twists and turns and some really nice description.

Story 4: Season 8 Redo by tanith75 (tanith75 | FanFiction)
Story 4 Link: Season 8 Redo Chapter 1: Question, a that '70s show fanfic | FanFiction
Story 4 "Why I Love This Story": This is the classic of classic T7S fanfics. Each chapter is an episode, and the author truly captures the flavor of the show. The character development and plots feel like canon T7S at its best. Tanith's writing demonstrates (and proves) that tension and humor can abound within a couple that's happy together. She never goes for cheap laughs or contrives conflict. Ultimately, this story satisfies on so many levels -- for Zennies and general lovers of the show alike.

Story 5: The Choice of a Lifetime by heatherlea75 (heatherlea75 | FanFiction)
Story 5 Link: The Choice of a Lifetime Chapter 1: Introduction, a that '70s show fanfic | FanFiction
Story 5 "Why I Love This Story": A beautiful and moving Zennie story with an utterly unique premise. The author depicts Jackie and Hyde's deep soul connection and why -- and how -- they were able to be in each other's lives.

Story 6: Learning to Fly by nannygirl (nannygirl | FanFiction)
Story 6 Link: Learning to Fly Chapter 1: Preview, a that '70s show fanfic | FanFiction
Story 6 "Why I Love This Story": The author's grasp of the characters' idiosyncrasies is hard to beat. I laughed so much while reading this story. Prissy demonstrates that angst is definitely not necessary to create a successful fanfic. Jackie and Hyde's reconciliation was earned, not forced, which is
something I especially appreciate.

Story 7:
Outside Looking In by rebeldivaluv (rebeldivaluv | FanFiction)
Story 7 Link: Outside Looking In Chapter 1: Donna Gets Answers, a that '70s show fanfic | FanFiction
Story 7 "Why I Love This Story": Another excellently written re-do of season 8, using season 8's own device of Kitty making tapes for Eric, who's in Africa. We get Jackie and Hyde's story (and reconciliation) through the eyes and ears of the other T7S characters, and it's an enjoyable read.

Story 8:
"Secrets" by Lirazel (Lirazel | FanFiction)
Story 8 Link: Secrets, a that '70s show fanfic | FanFiction
Story 8 "Why I Love This Story": This is a beautiful and wonderfully insightful story. The author illustrates small but intimate and significant moments between Hyde and Jackie. They're the leaves of a very tall Zen tree whose roots stretch deep into the ground -- just like the roots of Jackie and Hyde's relationship. I was right there with both characters throughout the story, feeling what they felt, the loss and the love. And even though this story ends sadly, there's an undercurrent of hope that Jackie and Hyde's love for each other may eventually lead them back to each other.

Story 9: "That Whole Sleeping Over Thing" by Kendra A (Kendra A | FanFiction)
Story 9 Link: That Whole Sleeping Over Thing, a that '70s show fanfic | FanFiction
Story 9 "Why I Love This Story": This story comprises a lovely, in-character missing moment. Hyde and Jackie both feel incredibly real here. The intimacy between their bodies is written very well - and intimacy is the key word. Often in J/H stories, that's lost in favored of intensity. From Jackie twisting her fingers in his curls, to Hyde sucking the ice cream off her thigh, to the details of them lying together on the cot. I could see and feel everything. And Hyde's focus on the physical didn't feel sexual but emotional. He's clearly smitten (and in love) with Jackie. Their dialogue is wonderful, too. Playfully tense and honest.

Story 10: Frames by heatherlea75 (heatherlea75 | FanFiction)
Story 10 Link: Frames Chapter 1: Prologue, a that '70s show fanfic | FanFiction
Story 10 "Why I Love This Story": This unfinished story haunts me. It's intense and drew me in entirely. Frames is gritty and explores dark themes through the characters -- while keeping them in-character -- and it's at the top of of my I-wish-she'd-finish-it list. Ultimately, this story demonstrates the great love between Jackie and Hyde ... and how that kind of love can lend strength through the most harrowing and terrifying of times.

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 09-26-2013 at 08:42 PM
Old 09-26-2013, 08:12 PM
Passionate Fan

Excellent list Lisa. I'll put my list up tomorrow. I love that you included "Afterword" and "Season 8 Redo".
Old 09-26-2013, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lisa, great list! I love so many of those stories on them, and I have the urge to go back and re read them all now!
I am an original”
Old 09-27-2013, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanselnext (View Post)
Excellent list Lisa. I'll put my list up tomorrow. I love that you included "Afterword" and "Season 8 Redo".
I can't wait to see your list.

Quote:
Lisa, great list! I love so many of those stories on them, and I have the urge to go back and re read them all now!
I want to re-read my list, too. I will eventually.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I got home late tonight from a family party, but I will work on my list later on today when I have more energy.
I am an original”
Old 09-28-2013, 03:34 PM
Passionate Fan

There are so many stories I still wanted to include but I had to narrow it down to 10 and here it is.

Story 1 Title/Author: Hyde's Long Way Home by MistyMountainHop
Story 1 Link: Hyde's Long Way Home Chapter 1: The Setup, a that '70s show fanfic | FanFiction
Story 1 "Why I Love This Story": This is the best Jackie/Hyde story on the site. I love the journey that Hyde takes in order to find his way back to Jackie. Its a wild and fun ride.

Story 2 Title/Author: Season 8 Redo by tanith75
Story 2 Link: Season 8 Redo Chapter 1: Question, a that '70s show fanfic | FanFiction
Story 2 "Why I Love This Story": I love how every chapter of this story could have easily been an episode of the show. If you want to erase season 8 from your mind just read this story and you'll get the happy ending that J/H fans deserved.

Story 3 Title/Author: Beneath a Shattered Sky by MistyMountainHop
Story 3 Link: Beneath a Shattered Sky Chapter 1: The Sun Is Setting, a that '70s show fanfic | FanFiction
Story 3 "Why I Love This Story": An epic love story. I love the way the author writes J/H and I became completely invested in this world. There's action, adventure, romance.

Story 4 Title/Author:
For Her Sake by heatherlea75
Story 4 Link: For Her Sake Chapter 1: The End, a that '70s show fanfic | FanFiction
Story 4 "Why I Love This Story": Its a beautiful story about how Hyde will do whatever it takes to keep Jackie safe.

Story 5 Title/Author: Reflections Through the Glass by MistyMountainHop
Story 5 Link: Reflections Through the Glass Chapter 1: Distortions, a that '70s show fanfic | FanFiction
Story 5 "Why I Love This Story": This is story is a classic. its the story that made me fall in love with Lisa's writing. She has a great ability of keeping everyone in-character especially Hyde.

Story 6 Title/Author: Pop the Question by heatherlea75
Story 6 Link: Pop the Question Chapter 1, a that '70s show fanfic | FanFiction
Story 6 "Why I Love This Story": The ending in incredibly moving. She's also one of the few writers who can keep Hyde in-character and I appreciated that when she wrote the very last scene.

Story 7 Title/Author: One Difference: Hyde Doesn't Lie By MistyMountainHop
Story 7 Link: One Difference: Hyde Doesn't Lie Chapter 1: Hyde Doesn't Lie, Part 1, a that '70s show fanfic | FanFiction
Story 7 "Why I Love This Story": I had to pick another Lisa story since I just love her writing. How Jackie and Hyde get together is so awesome. What I've learned from Lisa's writing is that J/H getting together was inevitable. In this story they together sooner rather than later and I love how she made that happen. Great job Lisa

Story 8 Title/Author: Afterword by chromeknickers
Story 8 Link: Afterword Chapter 1: Prologue, a that '70s show fanfic | FanFiction
Story 8 "Why I Love This Story": This author has a great grasp of the characters.

Story 9 Title/Author: Road to Sunshine by Maci
Story 9 Link: Road to Sunshine Chapter 1: 1, a that '70s show fanfic | FanFiction
Story 9 "Why I Love This Story": Its a fun fic and she keeps everyone in-character. I'm still waiting for an update to this story. She's one of the few authors who understands these characters and makes them come alive. I truly love the dialogue in this story.

Story 10 Title/Author: OPERATION: REBOUND by ShanghaiLily
Story 10 Link: OPERATION : REBOUND Chapter 1 - Take a Walk on the Wild Side, a that '70s show fanfic | FanFiction
Story 10 "Why I Love This Story": This story is really funny and sexy. I really enjoy her writing and there were a couple of stories that I really love but this is my favorite of hers.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay here is my list, as narrowed down as I could get it.

Story 1 Title/Author: That's my baby by kezztip
Story 1 Link: That's My Baby Chapter 1, a that '70s show fanfic | FanFiction
Story 1 Why I like this story: This story had humor, romance and some awesome scenes between these two. It had me on the edge of my seat wondering what would happen next from the first chapter.

Story 2 Title/Author:Season 8 Redo by tanith75
Story 2 link: Season 8 Redo Chapter 1: Question, a that '70s show fanfic | FanFiction
Story 2 Why I like this story: This is one of the best stories I have read that has fixed season 8 for me. I think it's on most people's lists.

Story 3 Title/Author: Beneath a Shattered Sky by MistyMountainHop
Story 3 link: Beneath a Shattered Sky Chapter 1: The Sun Is Setting, a that '70s show fanfic | FanFiction
Story 3 Why I like this story: I enjoyed this story so much, it has fantasy, adventure and of course our favorite couple.

Story 4 Title/Author: The morning After by ShanghaiLily
Story 4 link: The Morning After Chapter 1: Morning Has Broken, a that '70s show fanfic | FanFiction
Story 4 Why I like this story: This story actually is still in progress, but she is great about finishing all of her work. She writes Jackie/Hyde really well and this is one of my favorite ones by her.

Story 5 Title/Author: Steven Who by kezztip
Story 5 link: Steven Who? Chapter 1: Sitting Shiva, a that '70s show fanfic | FanFiction
Story 5 Why I like this story: Another one of my favorite authors. I love how their is drama/humor/romance is all combined and it just works.

Story 6 Title/Author: Halloween is over by MistyMountainHop
Story 6 link: Halloween Is Over Chapter 1: A Petrifying Proposal, a that '70s show fanfic | FanFiction
Story 6 why I like this story: This story is fantastic! I love the humor, and the elements and the little details that are added. I also love Halloween.

Story 7 Title/Author: What a long strange Trip it's been.
Story 7 link: What a Long Strange Trip it's Been Chapter 1, a that '70s show fanfic | FanFiction
Story 7 Why I like this story: I would recommend this story and it's sequel. It takes you on a journey, not just with Jackie and Hyde's relationship but also Eric and Donna's. It was her first Jackie/Hyde story that I read and I fell in love with her work instantly.

Story 8 Title/Author: The tough Get Going by kezztip
Story 8 link: The Tough Get Going Chapter 1: When the Going Gets Tough, a that '70s show fanfic | FanFiction
Story 8 why I like this story: This story had me laughing from the get go. I love how this author writes Jackie and Hyde, keeps the romance and tension is, but also gives us humor.

Story 9 Title/Author: Shade by MistyMountainHop
Story 9 link : Shade Chapter 1: The Attractiveness of Risk, a that '70s show fanfic | FanFiction
Story 9 why I like this story: What can I say, Lisa is a talented writer. I love this story, it had great tension, and it gave Jackie and Hyde a happy, and cute ending.

Story 10 Title/Author: Everybody must get stoned by ShanghaiLily
Story 10 link: Everybody Must Get Stoned Chapter 1, a that '70s show fanfic | FanFiction
Story 10 why I like this story: The drama was upped in this story, but it took you on quite a journey with all of the characters.
I am an original”
Old 09-28-2013, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought one (or even two) of my stories would make your lists, but I'm touched that you both put so many of them on there. And, of course, the reasons, too. THANK YOU!
Old 09-28-2013, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome Lisa! You deserve it!
I am an original”
Old 09-28-2013, 08:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

Just popping in to look at the list you all have and they are such great list with wonderful stories. Lisa, it's only right that you're on so many of the lists with so man stories. You really are an amazing writer and that why I'm so touched that one of my stories is on your list! thank you! Need to work on my list but rain and working on my next piece of writting has side tracked me a bit.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
You're welcome Lisa! You deserve it!
AWW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannygirl704 (View Post)
Just popping in to look at the list you all have and they are such great list with wonderful stories. Lisa, it's only right that you're on so many of the lists with so man stories. You really are an amazing writer and that why I'm so touched that one of my stories is on your list! thank you! Need to work on my list but rain and working on my next piece of writting has side tracked me a bit.
Prissy, Thank you, too! I had to include one of yours. I'm thinking we may do a best-of-fic for Donna/Eric and Kitty/Red and/or General T7S fic. If we do do a Kitty/Red fic list, yours will probably be every single entry on mine.

Can't wait to see your J/H list, too.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love everybody's lists. It's great to have so many Jackie/Hyde stories in one place.
I am an original”
Old 09-28-2013, 08:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Aw that's a great idea Lisa, although doing an RK one I think wouldn't be as fun. Think there's like only like 22 and I've written 12 and counting

Hopefully I can have my list up tomorrow!
Old 09-28-2013, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I love everybody's lists. It's great to have so many Jackie/Hyde stories in one place.
It is. Now I have to figure out where exactly I want to archive these lists in perpetuity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannygirl704 (View Post)
Aw that's a great idea Lisa, although doing an RK one I think wouldn't be as fun. Think there's like only like 22 and I've written 12 and counting
Well, the R/K stories don't have to be solely about R/K but stories where R/K play a vital role throughout. Like in tanith's Season 8 Redo, R/K have a bunch of "B" stories in the chapters.

Now Bob Pinciiotti fic might a problem.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:26 PM
Passionate Fan

Great list Colleen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
I thought one (or even two) of my stories would make your lists, but I'm touched that you both put so many of them on there. And, of course, the reasons, too. THANK YOU!
You're Welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Now Bob Pinciiotti fic might a problem.
People must not like Bob

Last edited by hanselnext; 09-28-2013 at 10:43 PM