Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2013, 07:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanselnext (View Post)
I found something else that I didn't notice before in the Season 6 episode "I Can See You For Miles". There's a pink poster and there's a drawing on it located in Hyde's room after Jackie decorates his room. The drawing on the poster is of a little boy who has his arm around a little girl's shoulder and the text on the top says " Love is" with two hearts right below it. Anyways the little boy looks like he has a mini afro so I want to think that Jackie drew a mini Hyde and a mini Jackie on that poster. Was Jackie artistic? The drawing was cute and I think its cute that she would put that in his room
Awww that's so cute!

And maybe Jackie was artistic, because when Donna was going to leave for college in "Magic Bus" (603) she was painting a rainbow and her name in funky letters on the wall. Looked pretty good to me .
Old 08-02-2013, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's a poster Jackie had on her wall. You can see it in "Stolen Car" (114) when she and Kelso lose their virginity to each other.

Jackie basically brought everything from her own room to Hyde's. Which really doesn't make sense because Jackie didn't have any money to replace her furniture.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:27 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
That's a poster Jackie had on her wall. You can see it in "Stolen Car" (114) when she and Kelso lose their virginity to each other.

Jackie basically brought everything from her own room to Hyde's. Which really doesn't make sense because Jackie didn't have any money to replace her furniture.
Really? I need to go back and watch Stolen car now. But where was Jackie living at this point. Was she suppose to be living back with her mom? You're right she did bring everything from her room and put it all in Hyde's room.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Here's a screenshot from "Stolen Car:"

Jackie was living with Donna during "I Can See For Miles," so I guess it makes sense she'd move her stuff into Hyde's room. She probably spent loads more time with him there than at her house.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe Jackie brought all her stuff to Hyde's room, not just for Hyde's comfort, but a little for her own too. She probably missed all of her stuff from her old room and was able to have her old room and Hyde all in one place.
I am an original”
Old 08-03-2013, 12:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
Maybe Jackie brought all her stuff to Hyde's room, not just for Hyde's comfort, but a little for her own too. She probably missed all of her stuff from her old room and was able to have her old room and Hyde all in one place.
That makes sense, because Jackie was always trying to salvage as much of her fairytale lifestyle as possible, so maybe she wanted to keep her old room intact so she still has at least some of the material things from that fantasy.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Yep that's the poster I saw in Hyde's room. I shouldn't be surprised that Jackie keeps everything. She kept fluffly cakes after her and Kelso broke up so.

I gotta say that her bed looks comfortable. Hyde said the bed hugs you like you were a little baby, like crawling into a mommy kangoroo
Old 08-04-2013, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

At least Jackie didn't transfer her Tiger Beat posters to Hyde's room.

In "Immigrant Song," one of the saddest things is Hyde's shock that Jackie's frantically looking for him in the hospital. He doesn't understand why she'd be looking for him because he believes he destroyed all her feelings for him.

But then, after she expresses both her worry for and relief about his safety, Hyde becomes super happy (something only Jackie ever brought out in him) and all his feelings for her rise to his face. He's sooooo in love. And this scene dictates his character's attitude toward Jackie for me.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

That scene in "Immigrant song" says so much about how they both really feel about each other. No matter what the writers tried to tell us.
I am an original”
Old 08-04-2013, 11:27 PM
Passionate Fan

That's one of my favorite zennie moments He loooves her
Old 08-05-2013, 07:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love this scene soooo much. One of my all-time faves.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

That is a great scene. It seems utterly impossible to me that Hyde would still go out with that girl (Raquel?) after Jackie said she chose him over Kelso. I know he was trying to make a point and everything about having to wait all summer for her to make the decision, but then saying she's "not his type"? Who cares about "types" -- Hyde's so in love with her at this point that he needs to be kicked in the shin for it ! It just didn't make a whole lot of sense...
Old 08-05-2013, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

That always made me mad in season 6. Hyde wouldn't have gone out with Raquel, nor should he had expected Jackie to apologize first. Did they forget Hyde cheated on her?
I am an original”
Old 08-06-2013, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well said, Nina!

Hyde's characterization after season 6 is spotty at best. It's like the writers were afraid to commit to his feelings for Jackie, and so that came out in his character.

Colleen, that bothers me a lot. It's also like the writers wanted the audience to forget Hyde had cheated on Jackie. They didn't handle that storyline well at all at the beginning of season 6.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

The writers were really bad at getting these two back together most of the time. They seemed to always forget their backstory.

The only reconciliation that makes sense for me with them is the one before the Valentines dance. That is still one of my favorite scenes, I love Danny and Mila's acting there.
I am an original”