Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2011, 04:41 PM
Loyal Fan

^ Stupid Donna ruined everything!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2011, 10:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Rachel, I totally agree with everything you said in your last post.

Welcome, Roswell Dream Girl! You've been added. As for your questions:

On screen, Hyde never gave Jackie anything besides the Zeppelin shirt. But in some diary/journal entries the official T7S website used to have, Hyde got Jackie a gold goldfish (Stevenfish) to match her black goldfish (Jackiefish). But the Jackiefish at the Stevenfish then died because he'd put it in the wrong kind of water.

Hyde called Jackie "doll" in the episode "Kelso's Serenade". He called her "small grasshopper" in the ep "Cat Fight Club". He has never called her "Jacks," even though 1001 fanfic authors have him call her that.

Jackie's called him "baby" and honey" and, of course, "Puddin' Pop".

Always nice to have another Zennie around! Here's some welcome!Zen:

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...0607012622.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...0607012700.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...0607012736.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...0607012835.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...0607013036.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...0607012934.jpg
Ohhh I love that scene! I wish they would have done a pregnancy scare with them or something - I really would have liked to see Steven's reaction to that.

Thanks for the add and the info!

I've been reading so much fanfiction lately, its hard to remember what actually happened and what I read....it doesn't help that I haven't seen all the episodes either.

I sent you a PM, I hope you don't mind. Oh and my name is Meredith btw!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 09-17-2011, 11:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydreams (View Post)
I think during the beginning of S1 all the characters were a little different then they became for the majority of the show's run. (...) They also mature through the years...
So true! here in Brasil they just started to rerun the show from the pilot... I've just watched "First Date"... Even Red and Kitty changed over the years... but that's another great thing about this show.. we can see the characters change and grow to something better (of course.. I'm not counting s8 on that one....)

But yeah,.,,, they changed a lot.. and for better IMO!

Quote:
Oh well, Ana, I guess we aren't sharing a brain after all. I do think Hyde had real feelings for Donna during S1 and I do think he went for it with everything he had. It makes sense, really. Hyde wasn't the type of guy to get close to any girls in that way--Donna was the cool, tomboy who was always one-of-the-guys. She was kinda perfect for a guy like Hyde and it makes sense that he would have fell for her
Ok ok.. so I admit he did have real feelings... I'm not saying his feelings were not real... I'll even admit that on "That Disco Episode" I actually belived him and his confessions to her... It was cute having him learn to dance (and I loved It even more knowing that in the future taht would be for Jackies bennefit - like on "Prom Night" and "Valentines Day").
But I just can't help beein a little bit on denial about it... can't help it! The idea o Hyde and Donna is reeeeeeeeeeally bad for me!
It makes sense he would feel something for Donna because she is the kind of girl that "matches" the kind of thing he fights for... She is all for women rigths and not shalow... but she is not even close to being perfect for him. 'Cause with her he wouldn't be pushed to change, to be better.. that's the kind of thing oposits a great at.. most of the time... and he had that with Jackie.

Quote:
If you think about it, the reason Hyde fell for Jackie was sort of the same thing. He never got as close to other girls as he did to Jackie, because she was always around and he had time to get to know her whether he wanted to or not. And unlike E/D, he saw that J/K were not necessarily good for each other. He saw Kelso cheat on Jackie constantly and Hyde did not approve of that behavior. Even before he acknowledged any interest in Jackie, he was always subtly protecting her. And his genuine feelings for her grew out of all that history. It was an organic process. And it was kinda perfect.
Rachel, we may not share brains when it comes to Hyde and Donna... but when it comes to Zen... we so do! I agree with everything you said!!!
Is great to see how he gets to know Jackie more and more on each episode and how their relationship changes and grows into something beautiful!
I love the fact that they are so diferent and from diferent worlds,,, but at the same time they are so much alike and understand each other completely!

Last edited by ana_cmoraes; 09-17-2011 at 11:26 PM
Old 09-18-2011, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Meredith, you're welcome! And I responded to your PM.

Hyde would've ended up marrying Jackie had she been accidentally pregnant. Not necessarily happily, but there are several episodes indicating that this is what he would've done.

Ana, I don't think Donna and Hyde would've been a match in the long run. If Eric could piss her off all the time, Hyde would've done it even more. And he's way more stubborn than Eric. He wouldn't have been so quick to cave or apologize. Not with the way Donna communicates (at first -- yelling ).

They both would've been passive-aggressive with each other, and their relationship would've decayed pretty quickly.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Meredith, Hyde would've ended up marrying Jackie had she been accidentally pregnant. Not necessarily happily, but there are several episodes indicating that this is what he would've done.
So agree. When Kelso got Brooke pregnant Hyde almoust beat him up when he wouldn't act like a man. Hyde would have done the right ting and helped Jackie. And I imagine that he would be quite understanding and caring, eventually.
I've always imagined Hyde would be a great father... I think he would be just like Red... the have a lot in common.

Quote:
Ana, I don't think Donna and Hyde would've been a match in the long run. If Eric could piss her off all the time, Hyde would've done it even more. And he's way more stubborn than Eric. He wouldn't have been so quick to cave or apologize. Not with the way Donna communicates (at first -- yelling ).

They both would've been passive-aggressive with each other, and their relationship would've decayed pretty quickly.
That's the same thing that I think.. I don't know if I made that clear... Hyde and Donna would never have worked out... I said that I can understand that Hyde could think she was a good match for him because of how she was... but they were not nearly close to be Perfect for each other. Noy only because she never looked at him like that... but also because, exactly like you said, they wouldn't be a a match in the long run... He is not as understanding and pacient as Eric. There where so many times where Donna and Eric had fights, and Donna was the one that should be the one to apologize, but Eric was the better man and aploziged first. Hyde would never do that!

So... I agree with you!!!!
Thank God that this is one mistake the writers never made! hahahaha
Donna is much better with Eric... and of course Hyde is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better with Jackie!
Old 09-18-2011, 12:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

Lisa, could you maybe send me the fish story? I don't have that one. I have bob and the chia pet, Hyde calling Eric by his first name, and a few others, but not a jackiefish one.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
On screen, Hyde never gave Jackie anything besides the Zeppelin shirt. But in some diary/journal entries the official T7S website used to have, Hyde got Jackie a gold goldfish (Stevenfish) to match her black goldfish (Jackiefish). But the Jackiefish at the Stevenfish then died because he'd put it in the wrong kind of water.
That is so cute!! Do you know if I can find this diary/journal entries anywhere???? is the a place where I can download it???
I would like to read it again... they are no longer available on That70show.com.
Do you have them??????
I would like read Hyde and Jackies entries....?????
Old 09-18-2011, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't have the diary entries, unfortunately, but I did copy the Jackiefish/Hydefish one for the comics -- but I wrote it in the third-person (I don't know why ).

JH’s 5-month anniversary since they saw Superman. Hyde had to get her a gift, which he hates since she comes up with a new anniversary every week. Jackie’s moved back in with her mom. She bought this big flowy black fish Jackie calls it a “brunette”. She also calls it “Jackiefish” and says that all Jackifish needs to be complete is a Stevenfish.

Fez won a goldfish playing ring toss at the county fair and brings it to the basement. Hyde traded Fez a couple of chunkies for the fish, snuck to Jackie’s house and room when Jackie wasn’t there. He scoops out the Jackie fish and puts it into the plastic bag with the Stevenfish. His plan was for Jackie to freak out when she saw her fish tank empty, and then he’d surprise her with the baggie with Jackiefish and Stevenfish inside (the happy fish couple).

Jackiefish instantly ate Stevenfish. Then a minute later, Jackiefish stopped swimming and floated to the top (dead). Jackiefish, it turns out, was a saltwater fish. He should’ve known; they’re more expensive. That’s when Jackie walked in. Hyde told her that there are other fish in the sea, but that didn’t fly with her. He’s going to have to make this up to her next week when they celebrate their three-month anniversary of the time they made out in the photo booth.

That70sshow.com has links to the characters' myspace pages, and some of them have one of the old diary entries (now called "blog" entries). Now if they'd let me be in charge of those, I could make some kickass canon stuff to fix the aftermath of the show. It would be canon since it's on T7S's official site.

Here's Hyde's blog:

What’s in a name?

Current mood:lethargic
Thursday, 11:00pm

I like my life because of its predictability. I know that when I wake up every day I'll be in Forman's basement, surrounded by tools and stench and remnants of Forman's childhood. I know that when I go to work at the Holiday Hotel it'll be easy, Roy will apologize for something he didn't do, and I'll get free food. I know that Jackie will always be hot and will always drive me crazy. And I know Fez is always a couple beers away from mooning a cheerleader.

Today, though, something happened that really threw me. Forman and I were watching TV. I got up to get a popsicle and he yells, "Hey Steven, get me one."

He called me Steven. Just like that. Not joking around or anything. Forman hasn't called me that since second grade. He always calls me Hyde. Always. That's the just way it is. I mean, you don't call Jimmy Carter "Jimmy." You call him "Mr. President." (Well, 'd call him "Mr. Espionage," but that's another story.)

Jackie calls me Steven. I like that. And Mrs. Forman, too. Which is cool. But the guys – we call each other by our last names. That's what we do. Forman. Kelso. Hyde. And yeah, if I could pronounce it, I'd call Fez by his last name, too. So what's going on with this whole "Steven" thing?

So now 'm stuck thinking about what's happening to Forman. I don't know, maybe this is his way of reaching out, asking for help. Maybe he's having a little trouble growing up, dealing with graduating high school and taking on adult responsibilities. I can respect that. 'm a man, a confident man, and maybe he's trying to connect with me on a more adult level. I guess I should just call him Eric for now on.

Thursday, 11:30

Forget it.

I just called him Eric. You know, "Hey, Eric. How's it going?" He tells me, "Eric? What, are you my mother?"

I don't want to tell you what I called him next.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:13 PM
Elite Fan

Awww, the Jackiefish/Stevenfish story is really cute. I could totally seeing that be something that would have really happened on the show.

As much as it made sense for Hyde to fall for Donna during S1 (and it didn't bother me at the time) I can't think of them in those terms at all after that plotline ended and E/D were really together. The few times that we are reminded of it (like the alternate future episode) it feels so wrong. Apart from all the valid reasons Lisa gave for why they'd never work in the longterm, I simply don't think they had the chemistry.

Meanwhile, Jackie and Hyde have chemistry to spare.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Awww, the Jackiefish/Stevenfish story is really cute. I could totally seeing that be something that would have really happened on the show.
Me, too.

Quote:
I simply don't think [Hyde and Donna] had the chemistry.
I agree. I mean, I think Hyde had chemistry with pretty much everyone he was with 'cause Hyde's... Hyde. But Donna didn't really have sexual/romantic chemistry with Eric, either. A great playful chemistry, for sure -- which is why I prefer early!Eric-and-Donna to their later relationship.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I agree. I mean, I think Hyde had chemistry with pretty much everyone he was with 'cause Hyde's... Hyde. But Donna didn't really have sexual/romantic chemistry with Eric, either. A great playful chemistry, for sure -- which is why I prefer early!Eric-and-Donna to their later relationship.
I agree about Hyde,,, he is Hyde,,, he is so hot, then it's easy to have chemistry with him... but him and Jackie had more than just simple chemistry ... they were burning hot!!!!!

With Donna he never had chemistry ... I think Eric and Donna had some chemistry ... but it was a diferent kind of chemistry ... just for the cuteness of it,,, they were not burning hot,,,
I think Hyde that had more chemistry with Jackie. She had some with Kelso,,, and none with Fez. And of all the girls Hyde was on the show, Jackie was also the one he had more chemistry. I'm not saying that just because I'm Zennie, but because I realy think it's so!
Old 09-18-2011, 11:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I agree. I mean, I think Hyde had chemistry with pretty much everyone he was with 'cause Hyde's... Hyde.
True. Hyde has his own personal chemistry because HE is hot (and has the sexy bad-boy thing going on). And, actually, I do think he and Donna had some chemistry in those early S1 eps. Their chemistry stemmed from the unrequited aspect of it--if you liked Hyde then you wanted him to get the girl. If Donna had actually been in to Hyde I think it would have fizzled.

Quote:
I agree about Hyde,,, he is Hyde,,, he is so hot, then it's easy to have chemistry with him... but him and Jackie had more than just simple chemistry ... they were burning hot!!!!!
Its canon that their relationship was "hot." Of course, what they had went deeper than sexual chemistry. But its never a bad thing when you have two people that can't keep their hands off each other.

Quote:
But Donna didn't really have sexual/romantic chemistry with Eric, either. A great playful chemistry, for sure -- which is why I prefer early!Eric-and-Donna to their later relationship.
I didn't want to say this at the risk of offending any D/E fans, but I couldn't agree more. I really like them as a couple, but I'd never label what they had as "hot" or passionate.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
if you liked Hyde then you wanted him to get the girl. If Donna had actually been in to Hyde I think it would have fizzled.
That makes sense... And I have to admit that on "That Disco Episode" they did have some chemistry... But it was only because of Danny/Hyde's hotness, IMO. But I have to say, that Hyde was my favorite one since the pilot. And I did whant him, since the beginning to get a girl, but I NEVEr wanted that girl to be Donna. Idk if that is because I shiped Eric and Donna from the start... I think if Donna had been to Hyde, I wouldn't have fizzeled, unless, of course, she and Eric had never has anything. But then, It would be a completelly diferent show.

Quote:
I didn't want to say this at the risk of offending any D/E fans, but I couldn't agree more. I really like them as a couple, but I'd never label what they had as "hot" or passionate.
Like I said, they were cute, but they were not hot. Don't get me wrong D/E fans.. I liked their pairing (mostly because of Eric, I loved him, and let's face it... he was a much better characther than Donna), I whanted them to end up together... but they were never HOT.

It's funny how this kind of things go on a show... I remember when I first watched the Pilot, when it first aired here on Brasil, I thought that maybe D/E would be the couple I prefer on the show. Cause, although I like Kelso, and thought he and Jackie were funny I never really wanted them to end up together because they were not good to each other.
After That Disco Episode, I thought the writers would try to put Jackie with Fez... but, thanfully, they didn't go that way -- I never shiped them either, even before they ever gave us a glimpse of Jackie and Hyde.. I never saw any chemistry between them.
And finally "Prom Night" happened... and I finally found my favorite couple!!!
I have to wait 4 seasons for it to actually happen but it was worth the wait!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I mean, I do love Eric and Donna -- especially in seasons 1 and 2 -- but not because of any hotness. They seemed like they had a lot of fun together, and they supported each other.

Ana, I actually liked D/H when I first watched the show (when it first aired). But that's because, as Rachel said:

Quote:
Their chemistry stemmed from the unrequited aspect of it--if you liked Hyde then you wanted him to get the girl.
But late in season 2, when Hyde and Jackie were put together in earnest, that's when I became a J/H 'shipper.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:35 PM
Elite Fan

I think Donna and Eric weren't portrayed to be a hot couple, they were played more for laughs. When I think of the few episodes that revolved around them "doing it" constantly it was always in a humorous tone with Donna jumping on top of Eric and them mauling each other wildly and usually falling off of furniture. It was intended to be funny, which is exactly how it came off. They had their sweet moments and their angsty moments, but the majority of the time they felt lighthearted and fun.

Similarly, Jackie/Kelso were usually played as funny or cutesy. I wouldn't label what they had as hot or passionate either. It was more of a young, puppy-dog love kind of thing in the early seasons. Or it was played as comic relief with bossy!Jackie ordering stupid!Kelso to do things.

Jackie and Hyde had their funny moments for sure, but there was a lot more intensity to them--stemming from the fact that Hyde was an intense character by nature. They had A LOT of makeout scenes that were intended to be hot rather than funny. And when they fought it was usually pretty firey. Or it was angsty. Either way it cranks up the chemistry factor to the top of the meter (by my definition, anyway).