Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2004, 02:58 AM
Master Fan

I am so glad you asked that question because I have been dying to talk about it...absolutely no spoiler involved this is JMO...

I think that Jackie will love the new Steven, at first. He'll be all corporate america or whatever, and he'll take her out, but then he will become too different and even though it's everything she ever wanted him to be, it'll turn out that she wants him to be exactly how he's always been because that's who she fell in love with.

Alright, that's my two cents!

Icon by Me.
~Deej is fine~
Old 09-30-2004, 02:58 AM
New Fan

I love disfunctional relationships too, that is why I first got into them.

Other disfunctional couples I love are Inu-yasha/Kagome (Picture) Paris/Torres, and John/Aryn but I guess that's a little OT.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:59 AM
Master Fan

Re: Re: Re: Ah, man!

Quote:
Originally posted by Darbi
Nope, not yet. And yes...you are. I got cha' though babe...don't worry.
Hey that was meant to be sarcasm, you didn't have to truly answer.

Icon by Me.
~Deej is fine~
Old 09-30-2004, 03:04 AM
New Fan

I'm moving this from the other thread cause I had a question or two:

Yeah maybe there is a chance Red will still hire Jackie. And yes I'm just a little obsessed on that topic.
Anyway the episode was okay. I just realized the scenes do seem like faster or something, like the show used to be laid back and now it's not it's just wip, abm, boom.

Oh and I have a question, when is the last time they had a fantasy sequence? they used to have one just about every episode. Plus no circle tonight. Or did they?

and I only know how to cut and paste, oh well.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:06 AM
Passionate Fan

basementlover-Vegetarian, eh? Right on. Are you going to the fair this week? I usually go about 5 days every year. I'm bound to run into you there.
And show me that you love me.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:08 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by DJDonkeyGirl
I am so glad you asked that question because I have been dying to talk about it...absolutely no spoiler involved this is JMO...

I think that Jackie will love the new Steven, at first. He'll be all corporate america or whatever, and he'll take her out, but then he will become too different and even though it's everything she ever wanted him to be, it'll turn out that she wants him to be exactly how he's always been because that's who she fell in love with.

Alright, that's my two cents!
I love those two cents, that would be *very* interesting to see.

Okay, since I'm physically incapable of moving on my own...I just sprained several ribs. I'll be back in a moment when I can move more than my fingers. =)

Logan: My underbelly is rock-hard. It can go all night.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:09 AM
Passionate Fan

*yawn* I am one sleeeepy Zennie. Time to curl up in my warm bed with my big stuffed lion.

See you Zennies in the morning!!!
And show me that you love me.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:12 AM
Master Fan

Re: Re: Ah, man!

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucii
Well, it's not like I took pleasure out of it. I did make a post prior to that trying to smooth things over before tempers flew...I haven't been here as long as most but I've been here enough to know how those arguments go and what the formula is. I'd like to stop defending why I did so...I think I made it clear in the closing message.

Sorry I closed the Xen one when you posted, I'm not feeling too great right now, focus=bleary.

---
Oh, I'm sure you didn't...wasn't trying to insinuate otherwise. Hey, man...I completely understand. I've read the ugly side of episode discussions between folks who don't like this or that...and those were probably mild compared to ones I just heard about. You did what you felt necessary...and no further explanation was needed...it was evident as to why. So...

Okay, I know this is pretty early to be throwing this out there...but is it just may...or is this whole Hyde's new dad thing sort of thin, storyline-wise? I mean, to me...it doesn't seem strong enough to carry throughout the season, you know? (shrugs) Eh...
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet. - William Shakespeare...
Old 09-30-2004, 03:22 AM
Master Fan

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ah, man!

Quote:
Originally posted by DJDonkeyGirl
Hey that was meant to be sarcasm, you didn't have to truly answer.
Yeah, I know...but it was funny...and I'm sleepy, so my buffer is down.

Trivia answer: 'Career Day'

What do I win?

Question to ponder:

I can see Hyde trying to put on this corporate hat and all...but I don't see him changing how he treats Jackie with the dinners and such. I do, however, agree with DJ, I think Jackie will want the old Hyde back once she sees how unhappy he is with it or maybe how they don't get to spend as much time together any more because of his job...I don't know...I'm talking out the side of my *ss here...
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet. - William Shakespeare...
Old 09-30-2004, 03:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ah, man!

Quote:

Trivia answer: 'Career Day'

What do I win?

I missed making these bookmarks.

Old 09-30-2004, 03:48 AM
Master Fan

Luci, I love you...

How fitting is that caption? Jackie all smiles...Hyde smirking per usual? Oh, too funny!

Man, I wish I knew how to turn that into a book mark. I'm so computer retarded.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:56 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Luci, I love you...

How fitting is that caption? Jackie all smiles...Hyde smirking per usual? Oh, too funny!

Man, I wish I knew how to turn that into a book mark. I'm so computer retarded.
Just print it out, man. I made it book marky for you already. You could probably put the clear slip book mark cover over it...ya'd have to buy it, lol, but hey. Oh, or clear tape all around it. Clear duct tape. Or as Red hates, duck tape.

Old 09-30-2004, 04:09 AM
Master Fan

I'm meeting so many vegetarians!!!!

The only thing that really bothered me about Jackie tonight was "Eh, I am what I am." The rest of it, she seemed caring. Overbearing, but not like my mom, so I liked it.

The two of them seemed SO old married couple to me tonight. And I LIKED it.

The conversation the kids had in the teaser:

I do agree that the scenes have gotten shorter and punchline-oriented. It makes me sad.

Tag: Good god, wtf with the butterfly *****? But his shirt and "Crap, that just made it mad" were both NIIIIICE.

Kitty used to be the mother of restrained brilliance. I get upset that she's kinda ditzy now.

Oh, I am so making that bookmark. Ooh, ooh, can someone make a bookmark where the picture is horizontal? Of Jackie and Hyde horizontal on the couch from S5? Most preferably when she's in that floral dress at the beginning of "I Can't Quit You, Babe." But I'm not picky...the refrigerator make-out shot from "Going to California" is also good. I will love you!!!!!! I will learn how to make fanart and return the favor!!!!
And the less Kelso, the happier the Airie.

"He once bought me a hat that said 'Erin' because it was 'close enough'!"

Oh, Eric. My poor baby.

It was okay. I did my laughing.

And I like that they are remembering to give Jackie and Hyde screen time and a plot this season. So far.

Oh, oh: "You're leaning forward, you've got your sunglasses off--you're freakin' out!" That was so incisive!!!!!!!!!!

I have never liked episode threads. Recipe for cyber-homicide. End of friendships. Not happy.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:21 AM
Elite Fan

Questions:

Quote:
J/H-- Do you think Hyde will take Jackie out more if he makes more money at his dad's job? Or stay the same? Will he suggest Jackie get a job or badger her about her lack of plans lately?
Personally, I think Hyde will always be Hyde and not be so much the romantic date type. He might surprise her every once in a while, but it's just not in his character. Still...you never know.

Think he'll leave the job issue alone with her...at least up until she starts bugging him to buy her more things with his higher paying job. Then he may say something along the lines of what he told her back when she was bugging him to utilize his potential, suggesting she find a job and buy the stuff herself.

Quote:
OT-- Do you still dress up for Halloween? What are you planning to do? (I know it's in a month, gimmie a break, )
Only if I'm going to a Halloween party, and since I worked last Halloween, it's been a couple years. Going to a Halloween bash at one of the bars in town (not sure which one yet, but maybe sis's boyfriend's parents bar) after work since I'm scheduled to work that night (the work part is what's there now...job is subject to change since I'm looking for a new job right now anyway). Also not sure on my costume...I'm thinking I may try something kinda sexy this year. Was a gothic bride the last Halloween I dressed up...
Old 09-30-2004, 04:38 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Airie75

Oh, I am so making that bookmark. Ooh, ooh, can someone make a bookmark where the picture is horizontal? Of Jackie and Hyde horizontal on the couch from S5? Most preferably when she's in that floral dress at the beginning of "I Can't Quit You, Babe." But I'm not picky...the refrigerator make-out shot from "Going to California" is also good. I will love you!!!!!! I will learn how to make fanart and return the favor!!!!
And the less Kelso, the happier the Airie.

I tried...

The width wasn't right but I tried to make it look presentable,

--

In response to the questions:

Ditto to what fire said. I do hope Jackie gets a job, soon, though. Maybe get too busy that Hyde will be wondering where she is.

and Halloween:

I still don't what I'm going to be, but I know I'm going to the Manhattan village parade again. This will be my third year and each time I manage to get on a float, it's a blast. I love Halloween.