Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2004, 12:25 AM
Master Fan

Now that's a good idea! But I'm guessing GG gets a helluva lot more fics than T7S, right? Same with Buffy, Roswell etc. I'd never even attempt to find a good fic for them, I'd be lost and probably give up after 2 stories
Old 09-20-2004, 12:36 AM
Ultimate Fan

trory/spuffy/candy

Quote:
Originally posted by ~carissima~
Now that's a good idea! But I'm guessing GG gets a helluva lot more fics than T7S, right? Same with Buffy, Roswell etc. I'd never even attempt to find a good fic for them, I'd be lost and probably give up after 2 stories
Funny you should name those specific three fandoms...I've read almost all the good fics (for the couples I like) and developed a process of elimination when I see too many. I read the first few sentences and if I'm not instantly hooked I click out of there and go on to the next. It's really kind of annoying sometimes but other than someone already part of the fandon reccing something for me, it's the only way. I up the snobiness by looking at the titles and how well the summary's written.

The thing with J/H is...it's way easier. Way. Since they're my top couple, I just stick with the authors I know and ignore all the rest until it's specifically recced or I'm bored. Like tonight. It's a good laugh, if anything. Plus, it's MST apple pickin' time...(m3 and i are looking for more people to help us MST, still getting the details of getting people in...)

Logan: My underbelly is rock-hard. It can go all night.
Old 09-20-2004, 12:51 AM
Master Fan

Re: trory/spuffy/candy

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucii
Funny you should name those specific three fandoms...I've read almost all the good fics (for the couples I like) and developed a process of elimination when I see too many. I read the first few sentences and if I'm not instantly hooked I click out of there and go on to the next. It's really kind of annoying sometimes but other than someone already part of the fandon reccing something for me, it's the only way. I up the snobiness by looking at the titles and how well the summary's written.

The thing with J/H is...it's way easier. Way. Since they're my top couple, I just stick with the authors I know and ignore all the rest until it's specifically recced or I'm bored. Like tonight. It's a good laugh, if anything. Plus, it's MST apple pickin' time...(m3 and i are looking for more people to help us MST, still getting the details of getting people in...)
Okay, this is like the third time that you have mentioned MST! I feel dumb, but what does that mean.
I know I am going to shoot myself once someone tells me.

Hi guys! What's up?

Cari~ I went over to the archives and read that top one...weird that she would post something like that...I don't think I understand.

So, I was thinking that I would join the Halloween fun. As long as I have all kinds of help if I get stuck with someone I am not that great at writing. I kind of want to put a request in for something other than J/H but I'll end up being the one that Lucii or Cari end up trading. They'll be like, "DJ, that moron, why would anybody want to write a story about that?"

Icon by Me.
~Deej is fine~
Old 09-20-2004, 12:56 AM
Passionate Fan

Bonjour!

I'm hiiiigh on flu medication and extremely happy!

Anywho, I, too, read that review (and the story....headache, ouch) and oh my. Just.....no.

Out of curiosity, Luci, how many submissions do you get for MSTs? Because with the state of T70S fanfic as it is, I'm guessing it's a lot.

And Cari, Mel...you guys aren't going to partake of the fic exchange?? :sad:

I would love if we had a special site for quality fanfic. The archives is getting as bad as fanfic.net.

It's sad. Very, very sad.

ETA: Airie, I snagged this wonderful avie off of Washi's site. Betty White, *my* Laurie, the word 'genetic'...I just had to have it. =D

Edit #2- DJ, MST is poking fun at the worst T70S fanfic. It's Luci and M3, as different guest star characters like Pastor Dave and Joanne, commenting on the story. Did you ever see Mystery Science Theater 3000?

I'd post the link, but I'm too lazy. I apologize.

And I'll help, if I can, if you get stuck with ideas or such during the fic exchange.

Oh, I steal things all the time. It's just something I do. I stopped caring a long time ago.

Last edited by Felicity Nerd; 09-20-2004 at 01:02 AM
Old 09-20-2004, 01:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Felicity Nerd
Bonjour!

I'm hiiiigh on flu medication and extremely happy!

Anywho, I, too, read that review (and the story....headache, ouch) and oh my. Just.....no.

Out of curiosity, Luci, how many submissions do you get for MSTs? Because with the state of T70S fanfic as it is, I'm guessing it's a lot.

And Cari, Mel...you guys aren't going to partake of the fic exchange?? :sad:

I would love if we had a special site for quality fanfic. The archives is getting as bad as fanfic.net.

It's sad. Very, very sad.

ETA: Airie, I snagged this wonderful avie off of Washi's site. Betty White, *my* Laurie, the word 'genetic'...I just had to have it. =D
Hey!!! You brought up MST again and nobody has answered me on what it is.

Felicity??? (*spoken like a mother to her naughty child)

Icon by Me.
~Deej is fine~
Old 09-20-2004, 01:02 AM
Master Fan

We kind of do have that site, with the recommendations on the first post and the ones we're doing now But yeah.

I really can't write for 2 out of the 4 main ships (J/H, D/H, E/D, J/E) crap, forgot Icebreakers. Yeah, I can't write for 3 out of the main 5 ships, so I'd be screwed! I wanna do it just to make someone write a D/K fic for me I love that ship, it's hilarious I might do it, and just spend a million hours trying to write for my 'bad' ships I'd imagine we're all gonna say J/H, I'll wait til the end and see who's signed up and which pairing they're likely to suggest

DJ ~ I'll trade with ya if I don't get J/H and you do MST is the Mystery Science Theater, its where Luci and M3 rip apart bad fics, using guest stars ... I'll go find the link if no one else posts it before I find it ... It's hilarious, you should read them

MST Journal
Old 09-20-2004, 01:04 AM
Passionate Fan

DJ, look up, dear.

Hehe.

Oh, I steal things all the time. It's just something I do. I stopped caring a long time ago.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:04 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Felicity Nerd

Lately? Not a lot. I think people got discoraged when we didn't update the community in several months without a word. =\

It's official we're looking for some people to MST with us, I'm making a tiny application for the bitchy snob ficcers to apply with. It'll be fun.

Logan: My underbelly is rock-hard. It can go all night.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:07 AM
Master Fan

I could submit about 20 for you ... but they'd be too easy to MST
Old 09-20-2004, 01:26 AM
Master Fan

Okay, I'm back...and I'm still over Idris and Dominic. Oh, tall handsome British males. One black and one white...what more could a woman like me ask for. And I think a little bit of Dominics accent popped out during a scene...it was so hawt! Mmph!

Sorry, sorry, on topic. Luci, that elite fan fic thing doesn't sound bad at all. Now, I love my J/H fics and I'm constantly roving about trying to find new stories to read...but gah lee, it's getting really bad out there guys. What's happened? Has it always been this bad or have we become too cynical? I don't know...(shrugs)
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet. - William Shakespeare...
Old 09-20-2004, 01:41 AM
Master Fan

OMG!!!

That is the freaking most hillarious thing I have ever read in my life.

Lucii I give you and M3 full on permission to flame "Hyde Speaks Zen Again!"

Kind of scares me to write anything again, but also lets me know that if I write anything again that it should be up to par...I can't believe I just said, "up to par". Hello, I'm my mother!

Icon by Me.
~Deej is fine~
Old 09-20-2004, 01:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hi Zennies!

I'm sure no one missed me; just thought I'd share a couple of observations. Does anyone remember S5 when Fez, Jackie and Hyde bought Eric the plane ticket?

Hyde: "I have no problem fooling whitey."
Eric: "Hyde...you're white."
Hyde: (snort) "Barely."

Kind of makes you wonder if the current storyline has been in the works for a while.

The second observation is off of an ongoing discussion. 'Have they, Haven't they?' I know Airie mentioned that the 'You Shook Me' conversation leads us to believe that they haven't. I take the "I'm not doing that" to mean something slightly different. Okay, and slightly smuttier Now, I'm not saying that they had done anything at that point. Let's review:

Jackie: "What do I have to do for you to stop bringing that up?"
Hyde: cocky smirk
Jackie: "I'm not doing that"
Hyde: "Well, then I'm going to keep bringing it up."

Okay, the horse is dead, right?
I still have no clear opinion.

"I want to mock people."- Josh
Old 09-20-2004, 02:08 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~carissima~
Darbi, pop over to the archives and read the latest fic in the recent category, and then read the top review (or the third, I think, incase anyone else reviewed, you'll know the one I mean!) and I bet you ten English squids that you burst out laughing. I dare ya

You smacked yourself, luci? I was more tempted to reach into the computer and smack someone else
Hmmm...I'll have to mosey on over there later too. This sounds interesting. Can I get a story name in case there have been other updates by the time I get there?
Old 09-20-2004, 02:17 AM
Elite Fan

Re: Re: trory/spuffy/candy

Quote:
Originally posted by DJDonkeyGirl
Okay, this is like the third time that you have mentioned MST! I feel dumb, but what does that mean.
I know I am going to shoot myself once someone tells me.
Okay...MSTing is where people (Luci and M3 so far in this case) take on the personalities of certain characters on the show and have them review (re make fun of) particularly bad fic. It's probably not fun for some of the people who get MSTed, but I personally find it hilarious. The stories are anonymously submitted by readers, so that it doesn't seem a personal slight in that something that either Luci or M3 may really like could also be submitted.

Link to the MSTing

Quote:
So, I was thinking that I would join the Halloween fun. As long as I have all kinds of help if I get stuck with someone I am not that great at writing. I kind of want to put a request in for something other than J/H but I'll end up being the one that Lucii or Cari end up trading. They'll be like, "DJ, that moron, why would anybody want to write a story about that?"
Well, I'm in on it too...and notorious for asking for fic written off the beaten path as it were... So you wouldn't be alone in that...
Old 09-20-2004, 02:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Robotica
Hmmm...I'll have to mosey on over there later too. This sounds interesting. Can I get a story name in case there have been other updates by the time I get there?
Man, I was just over there...but I can't recall what it is. Btw...snagged a few of your avi's as you can tell. Danny looks real good in that one...thanks!
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet. - William Shakespeare...