Zenmasters #121: Because he didn't have to say it back

Banner courtesy of swedish fan at Pure Zen

Jackie and Hyde, the perfect example of Opposites Attract
He's aloof.
She's affable.
He likes Led Zeppelin.
She likes ABBA.
The list goes on.

Despite those differences, though, they have what it takes to make it work. Jackie needs an anchor to pull her back to earth when she gets carried away; Hyde needs someone to care for. They were both abandoned by their parents and never really experienced true love. They don't make the perfect couple, but that's just what makes it even more appealing. The chemistry's undeniable and it's always nice to see the softer side of a self-proclaimed 'badass'. They may seem 'creepy and unnatural' to their friends, but to us they seem just ideal for one another.

-Originally written by tenaciousluci

Wallpaper courtesy of -diana-

*Rules*

- No bashing. Don't like the couple, don't post. Simple as that.
- Don't double-post. Make use of that "edit post" button.
- Don't quote images. It eats up bandwidth and makes the thread unnecessarily slower.
- No direct linking images.
- No lurking. We're all nice so come join the fun!
- Do not post spoilers. Believe it or not, some people just don't want to know. All spoiler and spoiler-ish discussion belongs on the J/H Spoiler/Speculation Thread
- No "Keeper" lists, sorry.

Moments Of Zen

((Link to other moments here))

If you would like to be added to the Zenmasters list please PM Ambrosia.

*Hyde & Jackie Related Links *

Opposites: Jackie & Hyde's Index
Kezune's That 70's Show Music Videos
Washi's Site
The FotoHut
PaperBag
360 degress art studio
Shimmer
Badass Cafe
That '70s Fanfic Archive
Jackie and Hyde stories
FanFiction.net
Jackie and Hyde 'Zenmasters' Yahoo group
HydeandJackie Yahoogroup
Jackie/Hyde Fanlisting: Opposites Attract
Nicole's Music Videos

*For those looking for some recommended J/H fics...*

The Best of J/H Fanfic as Compiled By Our Very Own Zenmasters

Future thread titles:
Because he's not the rat
Because she may not be an LA lady, but he loves her anyway
Because he was about to say it back
Because the boulevard is not that bad

The night is young
We wait for love
Upside down we dream
At home we sleep, and wait to leave
Upside down we dream
Old 09-05-2004, 02:34 AM
Master Fan

good start to the thread.... Annie got her title! And a cute one too!
Old 09-05-2004, 03:43 AM
Master Fan

sorry to double post

but I did it for a good reason.

Enjoy the latest of "The Newlywed Game"... the joint fic Annie (Felicity Nerd) and I have been writing. Let us know what you think, and enjoy!\

The Newlywed Game- Part 2
Old 09-05-2004, 08:51 AM
Total Fan

Aww.... but he did say it back eventually and I hope he says it again... when it's not so angsty!
Old 09-05-2004, 09:41 AM
Addicted Fan

Re: sorry to double post

Looks like we're gonna be going through Zen thread's like this (imagine me snapping my fingers) now that the new Season's starting up for you guys. You gotta tell me about every Zen tidbit in excruciating detail until I download it. Kay?

Quote:
Originally posted by mystic2182
Enjoy the latest of "The Newlywed Game"... the joint fic Annie (Felicity Nerd) and I have been writing. Let us know what you think, and enjoy!
Ooohh! Going to read. The first chapter was charming.

P.S. Swede, your sig is adorable! I was actually thinking about putting mine as that the other day!
and the kindest of kisses break the hardest of hearts.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:31 PM
Total Fan

Re: Re: sorry to double post

Quote:
Originally posted by Spacie
Looks like we're gonna be going through Zen thread's like this (imagine me snapping my fingers) now that the new Season's starting up for you guys. You gotta tell me about every Zen tidbit in excruciating detail until I download it. Kay?

Ooohh! Going to read. The first chapter was charming.

P.S. Swede, your sig is adorable! I was actually thinking about putting mine as that the other day!
hehe, freaky
Old 09-05-2004, 05:34 PM
Master Fan

the title gets a from me
Old 09-05-2004, 05:38 PM
Master Fan

Great Start Great Title!!!

Don't hold your breath for declarations of love from Hyde guys! My husband says it to me enough times to count on one hand all year! and usually it's on the phone if he's on a fishing trip with the guys......or after he has lost an argument!
Old 09-05-2004, 06:10 PM
New Fan

I think the writers purposely have Hyde not say I love you is because it irritates/challenges the other characters. We know he loves Jackie. He's already said it once (albeit in angsty circumstances) and shown with actions (ie letting Jackie sleepover in the basement).

We know it, Hyde knows it, Jackie knows it, the other characters know it but when he's put on the spot about being in love with Jackie its..."Don't push your luck." or the time when they played truth or dare with Mitch and Hyde rather then take the dare or truth about he's feelings for Jackie says pass LOL Part of the fun is watching Jackie try to get Hyde to admit it and Hyde trying to stay one step ahead of Jackie.

Although at some point I'm sure Hyde will. I just hope its not some gushy, angsty overly sappy moment but maybe Hyde realizing what's important in his life says, "I love you." and Jackie trying to be all Zen says "That's cool." meaning I know/love you too. Of course when he walks out the door she does a couple of cheerleader back flips LOL
Hyde: "No. There's no way that me and your ex-girlfriend who's now my current girlfriend are going to dinner with you and your new girlfriend who doesn't want to be you girlfriend but is carrying your illegitmate child. It's like hillbilly terrority."

--That 70's Show--
Old 09-05-2004, 06:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by GracieAllen
I think the writers purposely have Hyde not say I love you is because it irritates/challenges the other characters. We know he loves Jackie. He's already said it once (albeit in angsty circumstances) and shown with actions (ie letting Jackie sleepover in the basement).

We know it, Hyde knows it, Jackie knows it, the other characters know it but when he's put on the spot about being in love with Jackie its..."Don't push your luck." or the time when they played truth or dare with Mitch and Hyde rather then take the dare or truth about he's feelings for Jackie says pass LOL Part of the fun is watching Jackie try to get Hyde to admit it and Hyde trying to stay one step ahead of Jackie.

Although at some point I'm sure Hyde will. I just hope its not some gushy, angsty overly sappy moment but maybe Hyde realizing what's important in his life says, "I love you." and Jackie trying to be all Zen says "That's cool." meaning I know/love you too. Of course when he walks out the door she does a couple of cheerleader back flips LOL
I agree. We all know he loves her, or he wouldn't be with her.

Icon by Me.
~Deej is fine~
Old 09-05-2004, 06:50 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by GracieAllen

That sounds like something that would happen on the show.
Old 09-05-2004, 07:04 PM
Master Fan

Actions speak louder than words too! He let his ice cream melt to get her a magazine! He tried to beat Kelso at getting more firewood to feed her marshmallows! He listened to country western love ballads for Pete Sake! AND he totally lost it when he saw her in the wedding gown.....he was stunned!
Old 09-05-2004, 07:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Eoyore
Actions speak louder than words too! He let his ice cream melt to get her a magazine! He tried to beat Kelso at getting more firewood to feed her marshmallows! He listened to country western love ballads for Pete Sake! AND he totally lost it when he saw her in the wedding gown.....he was stunned!
Now see, after reading that ... I was thinking, season 6 wasn't so bad

Old 09-05-2004, 07:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~carissima~
Now see, after reading that ... I was thinking, season 6 wasn't so bad

Yeah, you'd think so...but half of that stuff happened in S5. And speaking of that marshmellow/firewood scene. Didn't the part where Hyde feeds Jackie the marshmellows get cut out? Man, I know that had to be hawt and sexy!

Addendum: (Okay, tell me that isn't a cool *ss word!)

As regards to GraceAllen & Eoyores' comment about Hyde saying he loves Jackie, you're both right. Granted I would love to hear them both say it at least once without the angst being a primary factor...but chances are he's not gonna say it because he's Hyde and actions do speak louder than words. And yeah, I could see Jackie going all Zen on Hyde if he told her that as a cute scene.
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet. - William Shakespeare...

Last edited by Darbi; 09-05-2004 at 08:00 PM
Old 09-05-2004, 08:19 PM
Master Fan

1. Depressingly true
2. I want that scene! Maybe it'll be on the DVD outtakes?

Last edited by ~carissima~; 09-05-2004 at 10:18 PM