Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2016, 08:14 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
You're welcome again! As long as you buy one that you like, I think Hyde would approve.
All I need is Hyde's approval lol
Old 08-10-2016, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig73 (View Post)
All I need is Hyde's approval lol
Old 08-10-2016, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Gotta admit, this thread is cool.
I am an original”
Old 08-11-2016, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Speaking of wardrobe, I find it interesting that The Middle clothes Axl in a very Kelso-like jacket (and sometimes Kelso-like shirts ... when Axl actually wears a shirt).

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 02-15-2020 at 08:59 PM
Old 01-19-2018, 09:38 PM
New Fan

Sometimes Donna wore unisex Adidas flat track shoes. Sometimes Eric wore them too when he wasn't wearing earth shoes. And sometimes Kelso wore Asics tiger track shoes. They sell modern versions of them with a thick band/rim that goes around the shoes. But the 70's one's were either flatter or had a declining arched sole with toe block at the end. Anyone know where they found those authentic original shoes for T7S?

Also, did Hyde acquire cowboy boots in one episode & stop wearing platforms?
Old 01-20-2018, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The T7S wardrobe team might've gotten the shoes from eBay. It's possible. Or maybe they went to vintage stores, which sometimes have shoes and sneakers.

Did Hyde ever wear platforms? Except for the sneakers he sometimes wore in season 1, I remember him always in Frye boots. His uncle passed on a pair to him, and Jackie bought him a "new" pair (which were scuffed on the bottom, so not so new ) in "Kelso's Serenade" (2x21).
Old 01-20-2018, 11:39 AM
New Fan

You're right, I was just recalling the chunky heel on the Hyde's initial pair. Seemed almost comperable to the heel on Fez's initial shoes. The only time I can remember for certain that they wore platforms was in Kitty's fantasy sequence during "Eric's Birthday", maybe there were more.

Is there a name for the types of shirts Kelso sometimes wore that were sorta like T-shirts, but had different colored paneling? Like the sleeves would be a separate color than the torso or even just front chest & the collar, & arms might have another color piping. They seem to come in different color combinations & sectional configurations, different than a 2 color raglan.
Old 01-21-2018, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.PP (View Post)
The only time I can remember for certain that they wore platforms was in Kitty's fantasy sequence during "Eric's Birthday", maybe there were more.
Kitty's The Forman Bunch fantasy in "Red Sees Red" (3x02).

Quote:
Is there a name for the types of shirts Kelso sometimes wore that were sorta like T-shirts, but had different colored paneling? Like the sleeves would be a separate color than the torso or even just front chest & the collar, & arms might have another color piping. They seem to come in different color combinations & sectional configurations, different than a 2 color raglan.
I know the shirts you're talking about, but I have no idea what they're called. Now I'm curious, too.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:43 PM
New Fan

Sometimes Kelso wore different lacoste polo shirts (the ones with the little alligator). The company has been around for about a hundred years, but seemed to have been a big deal in the 80's. Did a lot of people wear them in the 70's?
Old 02-07-2018, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Sometimes Kelso wore different lacoste polo shirts (the ones with the little alligator). The company has been around for about a hundred years, but seemed to have been a big deal in the 80's. Did a lot of people wear them in the 70's?
Apparently, according to this article on that shirt.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know that company! My dad had some of those shirts with the alligator logo.
I am an original”
Old 02-07-2018, 07:45 PM
New Fan

Do you know when that would've been that he was wearing them, in the 70's or 80's?

Sometimes distinguishing styles between about 79-82 is difficult for me, seems like a bit of 70's not quite faded away yet. Then there's styles like Red's which consist of staples that were there before the 70's & remain as standard today.

Kelso also occasionally wore polyester (disco shirts) with jeans, is that something dudes did back then? I've only seen photos from the past with dudes wearing them with the polyester dress pants, like Bob.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
I know that company! My dad had some of those shirts with the alligator logo.
I remember seeing a lot of people wear those shirts in the '80s. The brand really was everywhere.

Quote:
Sometimes distinguishing styles between about 79-82 is difficult for me, seems like a bit of 70's not quite faded away yet.
Yeah, there was a definite blending. But I think that's true of any decade transition.

Quote:
Then there's styles like Red's which consist of staples that were there before the 70's & remain as standard today.
Jeans might be the eternal piece of clothing. Wonder if they'll stay in fashion the next thousand years.

Quote:
Kelso also occasionally wore polyester (disco shirts) with jeans, is that something dudes did back then? I've only seen photos from the past with dudes wearing them with the polyester dress pants, like Bob.
I believe so (from my research). Check out this article: The Good and the Bad and the Tacky: 20 Fashion Trends of the 1970s.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:25 PM
New Fan

If they do, it might be the relaxed cut solid blues Red wears, other fits give way to the next fad & don't last, ie; bell, skinny, baggy, acid washed, distressed, etc...

I've seen cast interviews from various 70's tv/film, including T7S where they talk about how embarassing or dorky the costumes were. But after a couple decades those interviews make the actors styles seem themselves outdated. I'd hope cast members would think about that inevitability before jumping on the bandwagon of nay saying. The wardrobe dept, directors & writers usually have nicer things to say about it.

Is it different than the cast of a western or comic book movie making fun of the outfits, instead of trying to further sell the movie on it's style in a positive way?

Masterson seems like he might've minded the least, as he still rocks a retro inpired look himself.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
If they do, it might be the relaxed cut solid blues Red wears, other fits give way to the next fad & don't last, ie; bell, skinny, baggy, acid washed, distressed, etc...
Or designers will come up with an entirely new version of jeans that can still be defined as jeans.

Quote:
I've seen cast interviews from various 70's tv/film, including T7S where they talk about how embarassing or dorky the costumes were. But after a couple decades those interviews make the actors styles seem themselves outdated.
It's always the way.