Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2018, 10:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Sent you a PM with info.

Maybe someone who owns a comic book store or toy store? Or he could've ended up in finance, which would've made him more appealing to Jackie (if he's good at his job ) -- not talking romantically. Just in general.
A comic book store or toy store could possibly work. I could see that because of his interests.
I am an original”
Old 02-06-2018, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
A comic book store or toy store could possibly work. I could see that because of his interests.
I'd hope he'd be able to stay in business during the comic book industry's ups and downs. If his store did go out of business, it would make for an interesting storyline and parallel to Red losing his job at the auto parts plants.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hmm, while I would not want that to happen to Eric, that could be an interesting storyline. Especially if it brought Eric and Red closer.
I am an original”
Old 02-06-2018, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Hmm, while I would not want that to happen to Eric, that could be an interesting storyline. Especially if it brought Eric and Red closer.
And it could make Eric finally fully appreciate Donna's career-mindedness and erode his idea that he's somehow emasculated if Donna earns as much or more money than he does. Or it would enhance his feelings of inadequacy ... which maybe he'd finally have to deal with so he could heal and judge himself more fairly and, by extension, Donna more fairly.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:32 AM
New Fan

Was Grace typecast as a kind of smart mouth or has he had more dramatic or serious roles, any recommendations?
Old 02-07-2018, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Traffic is the first movie off the top of my head where he plays a serious role.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
And it could make Eric finally fully appreciate Donna's career-mindedness and erode his idea that he's somehow emasculated if Donna earns as much or more money than he does. Or it would enhance his feelings of inadequacy ... which maybe he'd finally have to deal with so he could heal and judge himself more fairly and, by extension, Donna more fairly.

It could be a good growing experience for Eric. Not that I want him to lose his business or anything!
I am an original”
Old 02-08-2018, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It could be a good growing experience for Eric. Not that I want him to lose his business or anything!
Him losing his business would be awful, but if he could gain something (or several somethings) positive from the experience, it could be worth it. And, hopefully, he'd end up starting a new business (or career) where he's happy.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

He could use it, and then grow a better business, maybe Red would even help him with it.
I am an original”
Old 02-09-2018, 06:21 PM
New Fan

If they went into construction & Red was the manger, Eric could be the Foreman... Boooo, I know, I know.

Seems like dolls, I mean, action figures would be a luctrative bussiness for him to go into in 1979/1980. We saw how booming they became throughout the 80's. He loves tie in merchandise & I could even see him having a job like Tom Hanks in Big.

Although the beret phase he was most likely to go through in college might suggest something like film school.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
He could use it, and then grow a better business, maybe Red would even help him with it.
I also hope that Red wouldn't rag on Eric for losing his business but understand the factors behind the loss -- remembering what happened to his own career at the auto parts plant. Eric might expect a litany of, "You dumbass! How could you let this happen?" and Red being supportive would surprise (and relieve) the heck out of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.PP (View Post)
If they went into construction & Red was the manger, Eric could be the Foreman... Boooo, I know, I know.
/ Fez or Bob might've made that joke. Then again, maybe they'd remember Eric and Red's surname is spelled without an E (although the meaning is likely the same).

Quote:
Seems like dolls, I mean, action figures would be a luctrative bussiness for him to go into in 1979/1980.
Sure, but he'd have to skip college and get a sizable loan -- and learn business fundamentals on his own.

Quote:
We saw how booming they became throughout the 80's. He loves tie in merchandise & I could even see him having a job like Tom Hanks in Big.
Agreed. I think that would be his ideal job, tbh.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:30 AM
New Fan

Oh man, that's an oversight, I've been adding an E this whole time...:

I just remembered, if Eric had that job, Debra Jo Rupp played his secretary/personal assistant in "Big". So it's like Kitty would still be bringing him snacks & things at work. Truly his dream job.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Oh man, that's an oversight, I've been adding an E this whole time...:
It's okay. A lot of people spell the name wrong. Plus, in season 7 the show itself spells the name wrong on the Forman & Son muffler shop calendar.

Quote:
I just remembered, if Eric had that job, Debra Jo Rupp played his secretary/personal assistant in "Big". So it's like Kitty would still be bringing him snacks & things at work. Truly his dream job.
That would be something ... as long as he didn't end up in a Back to the Future scenario.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think Red would nag Eric for losing his business. He may give some tough love, but in the end will help him.
I am an original”
Old 02-11-2018, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't think Red would nag Eric for losing his business. He may give some tough love, but in the end will help him.
Maybe Red would tell Eric sometimes crap happens, no matter what one does. Can't always prevent it from happening and that Eric should remember it's not the loss but what he does after the loss.

By then, I think Red would have that kind of wisdom. If not him, then Kitty.