Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2012, 10:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

here's a link to 2004 topher interview by ...Ashton ...anyway, the interesting part for those havent seen this in years is Topher talks about asking the most popular girl in school out for a date ....i love how he says ' because thats how real life works' .....i like his down to earth ness and that little bit of cynicism that he has always had .....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnUlHggOpI0

Last edited by topher's_Diva; 04-04-2012 at 10:50 AM
Old 04-05-2012, 03:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hey , the OP has 32 supporters listed , where are u girls & guys ?? ....i looked at some of the older TG threads and at its heydey got 300 posts in 2 weeks in september 2004....

cmon TG addicts, he needs our love now as much as he did then !...u not posting anymore regularly is as bad as Donna dating Randy soon after Eric left to Africa !!
Old 04-06-2012, 04:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

Here are my top 5 questions to ask Topher if he was ever into answering fan questions online .....

1). Over the years during T7S, was your usage of the words 'Milady' , ' My lady' , 'missy' , etc part of the script you got , or were those your improvisations ?

2). Which was your best on-screen kiss according to you ?

3). All EF/DP fans and T7S fans out there - are still in pain about the way your character was portrayed in S7 and S8 - for all the fans, would you do a reunion show if offered that would fix all the mistakes of 2005 and 2006 ?

A follow up question , more a plea actually - please only accept meaty roles that are worthy of your talent in future ! We want you to get the Oscar you deserve before 35 !

Last edited by topher's_Diva; 04-20-2012 at 10:59 AM
Old 04-06-2012, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Those are some interesting questions, TD!
Old 04-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Those are some interesting questions, TD!
I think the word you're looking for is inappropriate

But, the 'milady' question , he could mention in his memoirs as the dumbest question ever put to him

BTW, Lisa, every time you reply here, your avatar makes me feel like Hyde is amused as well ( Forman's fans are a real hoot).

Isnt that cheeky clip of him from when he's rubbing it in that Donna spoke to him about her parent troubles rather than Eric .....Oh, isnt that just before that awesome E/D scene in the car ...how does T/E do that eyebrow thing ....
Old 04-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Extreme Fan

Still wondering whatever happened to his movie with Tobey Maguire that i saw an ad for.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasman (View Post)
Still wondering whatever happened to his movie with Tobey Maguire that i saw an ad for.

No mention of it on his IMDB page ....but the new addition there is ....(rumored) voice of venom for the tv animation series - The ultimate spiderman or something like that.

other than that, i think it's only TGMM and The wedding right now.......

He did say in quite a recent interview , dont remember which one, 'there's been a lot of things that didnt work out' or something to that effect ...so i gather there were a few interesting projects in the pipeline that did not materialise.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

I still cant remember how to link in pics correctly, aargh, but here is the man himself a few days ago at a play

http://www.wireimage.co.uk/celebrity...4553&st=Search

The beard apparently is for his upcoming off broadway play that i think opens next week ...wish i could go
Old 04-07-2012, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

If only he'd grown that beard during S5 when Hyde had his beard. I think everyone would've been impressed Eric (not TG) could grow one.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
If only he'd grown that beard during S5 when Hyde had his beard. I think everyone would've been impressed Eric (not TG) could grow one.
well , he almost did have one did'nt he right after breaking up with Donna - Eric's depression episode. He looked rakish with the stubble and all
Old 04-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

I've been reading a few of his older interviews all over again . Here are a couple of nice quotes from the awesome Mr.Topher Grace (mostly circa his PS and IGC interviews).
Please note - The entire interviews are available on older threads on this board.

Quote # 1 - I love comedy and drama being mixed, I don't think one day is all comedy in your life and the next day is all drama. They're not mutually exclusive.

Quote # 2 - ( when asked what he had in common with his character in PS)
I'm really passionate about what I do. What's really
attractive about F. Scott is he's so passionate about painting.
I'm not as brash as he is; I'm probably shyer than he is.

Quote # 3 : I think if two people are right for each other- and it's so
hard to find a real connection in this world- great, go for it.

Also, at the time he said in interviews that his favourite book was 'Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius' - which was a 2000 bestseller, all about a young man in his early twenties, who has to raise his kid brother, after they lose both their parents to cancer.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by topher's_Diva (View Post)
well , he almost did have one did'nt he right after breaking up with Donna - Eric's depression episode. He looked rakish with the stubble and all
He was quite stubble-y.

Nice quotations you pulled out, too.

Oh, and about my avatar, Hyde's amused at everything on this board.

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 04-08-2012 at 05:18 AM
Old 04-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

So, I took out my old copy of 'Traffic' last nite and watched all the Topher scenes....

How he manages to portray an abnoxious preppy school boy who gets his girlfriend addicted to substance abuse.....and avoid being hateable in the role...and do it with so much ...seductiveness. Only Topher could have done this.

Of course on another note, the scene where he goes with Michael Douglas to find Erika ....and MD breaks down into tears on seeing his daughter lying incoherently in a strange place....moves you tears as well.

Why hasn't Soderbergh offered any substantial roles to TG since then ....

Last edited by topher's_Diva; 04-10-2012 at 08:19 AM
Old 04-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Master Fan

Is Traffic good? I've never seen it but I'm sure it's on my list of movies to watch... if I ever have the time:
icon
Old 04-11-2012, 02:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpunkiiMonkii7078 (View Post)
Is Traffic good? I've never seen it but I'm sure it's on my list of movies to watch... if I ever have the time:
Spunki (sorry, I know the other mods name is Christina but don't know yours yet)....well, its been years since I saw the whole movie ...Im more the rom com feel good movies kinda girl, so I only ever saw it for Topher. But, overall there is some really good acting in there from the entire cast ....and it's supposed to be an unflinching look at one of society's continuing problems, so if you like the serious genre , you will like this.

There is also a great scene between TG and MD where MD goes ' you brought my daughter to this place' referring to the Hood and Topher points out the hypocrisy of looking down at 'this place' to him. Freakin Awesome

Last edited by topher's_Diva; 04-17-2012 at 10:25 AM