Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2018, 06:38 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
That '70s Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazzhopper (View Post)
Is it time for a new introduction yet?

If you want to. It's gonna become an annual thing for you.
me!
MistyMountainHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 03:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
How I Met Your Mother

That '70s Show Hangman #53
Old 03-25-2018, 06:40 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
That '70s Show

Thanks, Mary.
me!
Old 03-25-2018, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
How I Met Your Mother

Wilmer/Fez #17: Because no one loves candy as much as this guy does.
Old 03-31-2018, 07:24 AM
New Fan

FF Alias You Use: I haven't written any fics for T7S yet and no fics at all in recent memory.
Name: You can call me Dave.
FF Boards You Like To Post/Lurk On: I'm utterly new to this site, soooo.
Other Places You Like To Visit On The Web: I run a roleplaying forum and I use Discord, mainly.
Favorite Movie: The Crow
Favorite Book: Good Omens by Neil Gaiman/Terry Pratchett
Favorite TV Show: Lately? Stranger Things. I was also big on Supernatural for a while.
Favorite Bands/Musicians: I like a lot of different artists from different genres so it's hard to pick just one. I am big on Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, CCR, Muse, Poets of the Fall, and Les Friction, to name a few favorites.
Favorite T7S Character: Hyde
Favorite T7S Couple: Red and Kitty are best couple, but Hyde/Jackie is my jam.
Favorite T7S Unconventional Couple/Non-Canon Couple (e.g., Jackie/Eric, Fez/Kelso, etc.): I don't know that I have one, but I could see both of the example couples being interesting.
Favorite T7S Friendship: Hyde and any of the gang, really. I wish they'd kept Buddy on the show because he and Eric had potential for a really cool dynamic too.
Favorite T7S Guest Star: Mitch was an unlikable person but I love Seth Green from my days as a Buffy fan so I always enjoyed him showing up.
Favorite T7S Actor(s): Mila.
Thread (on this board) you'll most likely post on (or lurk) on a daily basis: Zennie threads, probably.
Anything else you want to share about yourself not covered above: I'm a severe latecomer to the fandom. I had never watched it at all except for snippets of episodes in passing until the past couple of years, in which I've tried watching all the way through twice. I have never finished season 8 because I can't, and on my second try I couldn't even finish season 7. I know what happens in season 8 because I looked up spoilers once I realized I'd never make it to the finale. I then LOST IT.

I wound up on FanForum after scouring for good Jackie/Hyde fics to balm my rage. I proceeded to binge every single one of MistyMountainHop's fics, as well as every other fic rec I could find, That 70s Comic, and a ton of the essays posted on The Stupid Helmet and on other Tumblr blogs. Now I'm here because I wanna meet other fans and possibly write some fics. I've previously written fics under various names for various fandoms but nothing published in a loooong time, but Hyde and Jackie have INSPIRED me, possibly because they remind me a lot of the two main characters of an original series I'm coauthoring.

So hi fellow fans, please be gentle. 8D
ArchangelDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 07:46 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
That '70s Show

Hey Dave! Nice to meet you.
Old 03-31-2018, 12:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
That '70s Show

Welcome, Dave! Glad you decided to join us on the T7S board!

I'm also happy you enjoyed my T7S stories.

You're not alone with your feelings about season 8 (but you probably already know that). Buddy having more than one ep on the show would've been great.
me!
Old 03-31-2018, 03:22 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazzhopper
Hey Dave! Nice to meet you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Welcome, Dave! Glad you decided to join us on the T7S board!

I'm also happy you enjoyed my T7S stories.

You're not alone with your feelings about season 8 (but you probably already know that). Buddy having more than one ep on the show would've been great.
Yes hi I really liked your stories. Your 10th Kingdom crossovers have a special place in my heart especially because I also love 10th Kingdom. I binged both Reflections Through the Glass and Beneath a Shattered Sky back to back in two days. You get major kudos for making those actually blend successfully because you wouldn't think they should. I also normally don't like crossovers or read them, so.

That said I think my actual favorite story of yours is probably Hyde's Long Way Home.

Sorry if this isn't the place for this, I'm an utter FanForum n00b. Although this reminds me a lot of how Fiction Alley and some other HP fan forums I used to frequent were set up, so it shouldn't be too hard for me to settle in.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:45 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
That '70s Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchangelDave (View Post)
Yes hi I really liked your stories. Your 10th Kingdom crossovers have a special place in my heart especially because I also love 10th Kingdom. I binged both Reflections Through the Glass and Beneath a Shattered Sky back to back in two days. You get major kudos for making those actually blend successfully because you wouldn't think they should. I also normally don't like crossovers or read them, so.

That said I think my actual favorite story of yours is probably Hyde's Long Way Home.
Thank you so much! I'm amazed you got through RTTG and BaSS in such a short time, considering how many chapters each story has. You must not have slept.

Quote:
Sorry if this isn't the place for this, I'm an utter FanForum n00b. Although this reminds me a lot of how Fiction Alley and some other HP fan forums I used to frequent were set up, so it shouldn't be too hard for me to settle in.
I If you have any questions about how works, feel free to ask me or my co-mod, Lulu (aka Grazzhopper).
me!
Old 04-01-2018, 04:16 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
That '70s Show

Quote:
That is very impressive, I remember the amount of chapters those had. But when a story hooks you, it hooks you.

And yes, any questions you may have I am happy to answer. I have one for you, what kind of roleplaying do you do? Is it fandom based or 'freestyle'? A couple of years, I was really into it myself until some unpleasant stuff happened and I turned away from it.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome Dave!
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 12:16 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Thank you so much! I'm amazed you got through RTTG and BaSS in such a short time, considering how many chapters each story has. You must not have slept.

I If you have any questions about how works, feel free to ask me or my co-mod, Lulu (aka Grazzhopper).
I didn't sleep much, no, haha. Also thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazzhopper
And yes, any questions you may have I am happy to answer. I have one for you, what kind of roleplaying do you do? Is it fandom based or 'freestyle'? A couple of years, I was really into it myself until some unpleasant stuff happened and I turned away from it.
Play-by-post original RP mostly, but also some fandom! Sorry to hear about the unpleasantness; unfortunately drama tends to crop up in RP communities, especially if the people running the site are the dramallamas. D: What kind of RPing did you do, if you don't mind me asking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87
Welcome Dave!
Hello!
Old 04-03-2018, 06:28 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
That '70s Show

Quote:
I didn't sleep much, no, haha. Also thanks!
I'm sorry you lost sleep, but at least you were entertained?
me!
Old 04-03-2018, 09:21 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
That '70s Show

Quote:
Play-by-post original RP mostly, but also some fandom! Sorry to hear about the unpleasantness; unfortunately drama tends to crop up in RP communities, especially if the people running the site are the dramallamas. D: What kind of RPing did you do, if you don't mind me asking?
That's cool! When you do fandom, what is it? Supernatural, since you said you were big on it for a while?

You are very right about the drama, I guess rp'ing attracts a certain kind of crowd. The potential for drama is higher! I started out in original play by post RP and I went back to it every once in a while, but I mostly did fandom related boards. My big fandom was One Tree Hill. I ended up with a core group that moved through several boards together, with me eventually modding them as well. Alas, one of the other mods was a so called dramallama.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:12 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop
I'm sorry you lost sleep, but at least you were entertained?
Very much so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazzhopper (View Post)
That's cool! When you do fandom, what is it? Supernatural, since you said you were big on it for a while?

You are very right about the drama, I guess rp'ing attracts a certain kind of crowd. The potential for drama is higher! I started out in original play by post RP and I went back to it every once in a while, but I mostly did fandom related boards. My big fandom was One Tree Hill. I ended up with a core group that moved through several boards together, with me eventually modding them as well. Alas, one of the other mods was a so called dramallama.
Actually Supernatural is one I haven't RPed! I've done a bunch of different fandoms, but most people I have met who are into Supernatural and do fandom RP do not line up with my own interests as far as RP goes. The main fandom that I've RPed is Harry Potter.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top