Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2020, 09:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved Brooke and Kelso together and I was so sad when they dropped that and Kelso’s growth down.
I am an original”
Old 04-23-2020, 02:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Never like seeing that with any character
Old 04-23-2020, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisherwasher (View Post)
Perhaps test audiences didn't respond well to the baby stuff. Networks put a lot of faith in that stuff, though they shouldn't.
Since the arc was the whole season, I doubt that was the reason (but it could've been). My guess is that Shannon Elizabeth wasn't interested in being on the show anymore. I couldn't find proof of that, but this article about her fear of joining the show is interesting. Or because the show went in a different direction, with introducing Hyde's biological dad and sister. And they wanted to integrate Angie into the show by having her date Kelso (instead of, y'know, really developing her relationship with Hyde -- her brother), and Brooke stood in the way of that.

Colleen, is where does Kelso/Brooke stand in order of your favorite T7S ships?
Old 04-23-2020, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Would be very annoying if they got rid of Brooke for Angie/Kelso
Old 04-24-2020, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Would be very annoying if they got rid of Brooke for Angie/Kelso
Yeah. Although it could've just been Shannon Elizabeth choosing to leave the show, and the writers having no idea what storyline to give Kelso since they did the police academy in S6, and that's why they paired him up with Angie -- and rehashed a bunch of jokes that didn't actually make sense in the new context. (Eric: "Kelso nailed your sister!" Um, okay. Hyde didn't actually make fun of Eric for that. He tried to get Kelso to stop his affair with Laurie, so Eric's justification that he was getting revenge on Hyde for ridiculing him? Nope. That is revisionist history.
Old 04-25-2020, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Since the arc was the whole season, I doubt that was the reason (but it could've been). My guess is that Shannon Elizabeth wasn't interested in being on the show anymore. I couldn't find proof of that, but this article about her fear of joining the show is interesting. Or because the show went in a different direction, with introducing Hyde's biological dad and sister. And they wanted to integrate Angie into the show by having her date Kelso (instead of, y'know, really developing her relationship with Hyde -- her brother), and Brooke stood in the way of that.

Colleen, is where does Kelso/Brooke stand in order of your favorite T7S ships?
Kelso and Brooke might be my third favorite couple on the show. With Jackie/Hyde being first obviously and Red/Kitty probably being second. I think though if we got more time with Kelso/Brooke they could have been my second favorite.

Anyways, they really screwed things up in season 8. So many good directions they could have gone and instead the audience got screwed.
I am an original”
Old 04-25-2020, 09:29 PM
New Fan

Eventually, for the sake of writing some bits for Jessie-Verse I am going to have to watch through all of S8 not just the few scenes I could reluctantly stomach but by god it looks and sounds appalling. The few scenes I’ve seen are just weird and terrible.

Also I would have loved one more appearance of Brooke and Betsy even in the terrible S8 just because that was my favorite Kelso plot. Plus maybe we wouldn’t have to entertain the idea of Kelso proposing. Big yikes.
Old 04-26-2020, 05:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Yeah. Although it could've just been Shannon Elizabeth choosing to leave the show, and the writers having no idea what storyline to give Kelso since they did the police academy in S6, and that's why they paired him up with Angie -- and rehashed a bunch of jokes that didn't actually make sense in the new context. (Eric: "Kelso nailed your sister!" Um, okay. Hyde didn't actually make fun of Eric for that. He tried to get Kelso to stop his affair with Laurie, so Eric's justification that he was getting revenge on Hyde for ridiculing him? Nope. That is revisionist history.
I would rather that at least
Old 04-26-2020, 06:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
Kelso and Brooke might be my third favorite couple on the show. With Jackie/Hyde being first obviously and Red/Kitty probably being second. I think though if we got more time with Kelso/Brooke they could have been my second favorite.
Ooh, they could've surpassed Red and Kitty for you? (Or maybe tie them?) Now I need to know what your favorite things about the Kelso/Brooke pairing are -- and what your favorite things about Brooke's character are. If you want to share (please do ), we should take this convo here: http://www.fanforum.com/f27/kelso-br...ooke-63194541/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarouselUnique (View Post)
Eventually, for the sake of writing some bits for Jessie-Verse I am going to have to watch through all of S8 not just the few scenes I could reluctantly stomach but by god it looks and sounds appalling. The few scenes I’ve seen are just weird and terrible.
Oh, no. Watching those episodes is torture. Reading the transcripts is hard enough. Don't eat beforehand. You won't keep down your food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarouselUnique (View Post)
Also I would have loved one more appearance of Brooke and Betsy even in the terrible S8 just because that was my favorite Kelso plot. Plus maybe we wouldn’t have to entertain the idea of Kelso proposing. Big yikes.
Season 8 corrupted everything and probably would've ruined Brooke and Betsy, too. I think Kelso still would've proposed to Jackie because the showrunners were season-1 happy (yet really didn't understand that season at all). But I do understand wanting to see more Brooke and Betsy. I wish they would've been a significant part of season 7.
Old 04-26-2020, 09:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

I am not sure if they have surpassed Red and Kitty, because we did not get nearly as much time with them, but I think if we had gotten more time with them they might have. If that makes sense. I still adore Red and Kitty.

Watching season 8 or even reading it is pure torture. My husband once wanted to see what all the hate was about for this season. He watched like 5 minutes and turned it off and said “ What’s this crap I just watched”.
I am an original”
Old 04-26-2020, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

If you were want to torture someone, just make them watch Season 8 lol
Old 04-26-2020, 05:46 PM
JSB
New Fan

I too loved Kelso and Brooke - she was good for him and just what he needed.

And season 8 still haunts me.
Old 04-26-2020, 06:10 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Ooh, that's harsh even by CIA standards.
Old 04-26-2020, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSenate (View Post)
Ooh, that's harsh even by CIA standards.
Big time, lol
Old 04-27-2020, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I am not sure if they have surpassed Red and Kitty, because we did not get nearly as much time with them, but I think if we had gotten more time with them they might have. If that makes sense.
It does, I just want to know what about Kelso/Brooke and Brooke herself you enjoy so much (though I do, too). But you don't have to elaborate.

Quote:
Watching season 8 or even reading it is pure torture. My husband once wanted to see what all the hate was about for this season. He watched like 5 minutes and turned it off and said “ What’s this crap I just watched”.
Matt knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSB (View Post)
I too loved Kelso and Brooke - she was good for him and just what he needed.
Totally agree.

Quote:
For someone who loves (and truly understands) the T7S characters and their seven years of development, it really is torture to watch.