Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2014, 11:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Don't wait for me either, I am still thinking of mine. I will do mine when I think of the whole list.
I am an original”
Old 04-15-2014, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Eh, we'll wait a little longer.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:17 AM
Master Fan

Agreed, we'll wait some more.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

*continues to wait*
Old 04-20-2014, 07:11 PM
Master Fan

Fine. So stubborn.

Top 5 Greatest Childhood Memories

1. Going to my great grandparent’s ranch.—
My great grandparents owned a ranch when I was child, it was this small house in a TON of land! They had cows and chickens and horses and they grew all types of things. We would help them with the animals and collect the eggs from the hens every morning (btw getting pecked by chickens does not feel good). I think my cousins and maybe my brother milked the cows but I know I never did, I was too scared. When we weren't helping out, my cousins and I would go waaay far out into the woods (we weren't supposed to though.). And deep in the middle of these woods, there was an abandoned graveyard . I'm not even kidding. And my older cousins used to make up these scary stories and freak out me and younger cousin. It was creepy. I'll be damned if I ever did any of that now, but when I was older it was an interesting adventure. I'm a city girl, I would not do well in the country life.

2. Spending time with my brother and sister.--I have an older brother and an older sister. They are both about 10 years old than myself. So when I got old enough to walk and talk, they were just about getting ready to go off to high school. So I had about 7 or 8 years to really spend with them before they went to college, moved out and started their own lives. Some of my best memories are playing games with them and just spending time with them in general. Because I pretty much had to go my teenage years as an only child.

3. Meeting my best friend-- My family moved out of Chicago in the early '90s. And while I was still young at the time, moving into the suburbs was a huge adjustment for me. I didn't like it, it was very different. There were plenty of other kids my age around, but I never felt like I fit in. So I became shy and kept to myself. One day, my mom made my sister take me to the local playground in an attempt to help me make friends. And I was playing by myself, until this girl ran up to me suddenly and asked me if I wanted to play some game I'd never heard of. I said, "Sure!". All I remember after that is us playing for hours. We've been best friends since then.

4. A recurring childhood dream-- This is weird, I know. But I'll start off by saying that sometimes I joke about my house being "haunted". And while I do become very alarmed whenever I hear creaking on the floor above me and I'm the only one home, or what sounds like knocking on the wall next to my fireplace *or* when my dog suddenly puts her ears up stares at what appears to be nothing. I don't run off to call the ghost hunters... But my mom truly does believe in spirits, and she always tells this story about something that happened when I was a baby. And it very oddly coincides with this dream I always used to have. This isn't really one of my "greatest memories" but its one of the strongest ones I have. I can tell you all about the dream if you'd like. It's kinda creepy...

5. My pets-- I had a lot of pets growing up. If I'm remembering right, they go in this order exactly: fish, a hamster--and a kitten at the same time that used to try to eat it. , a guinea pig, a fish, another hamster, two gerbils, a frog, a dog, another dog, and another dog. It think that's all though.

I'll do the current top five later. This one was long enough.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for sharing that with us, Kayla! I really enjoyed reading it.

You had some farmin' experience! That's cool! Not cool, though, is what your older cousins did.

The story about meeting your best friend is love.

Tell us your horrible dream.

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 03-24-2015 at 11:07 AM
Old 04-21-2014, 04:15 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Lisa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
You had some farmin' experience! That's cool! Not cool, though, is what your older cousins did.
Yeah, my cousins were always causing trouble. One time when I was visiting they dared me to step on an ant hill... and being a silly little kid and not knowing better, I did. A bunch of little fire ants ran up my leg and stung me. It was awful.

Quote:
The story about meeting your best friend is love.
My friend is insane, she's seriously crazy. The two of us are completely different, but we've been friends for about 20 years, so it has worked somehow.

Quote:
Tell us your horrible dream.
It wasn't really a horrible dream, it was just odd. Basically, when I was kid, before we moved from the city, we lived in an apartment. And when I was little, I would literally have these same strange dreams at least once every week, if not more! In the dream, I would wake up in the morning, and it was my birthday, everything was decorated for my birthday. Then, I go through our home looking for everyone and no one was there. And I'd go to the very back of the apartment to the living room. In our living room, there would be a lady standing behind our couch (). She wore all black, had dark hair and just very dark features in general. And she just stood there and stared at me, she didn't say anything, she didn't move, she just stared at me. Then I would run back to my room and get back into bed.

When I woke up for real, I remember I would get up, see if everyone was home and go to the living room and look behind the couch. Just to make sure nothing was there. But I swear, I had this same exact dream almost every night. I never told anyone about it though, because it wasn't a scary dream to me, it was just odd, I wasn't afraid of the lady, so I never felt the need to mention it.A couple years later, I remember overhearing my mom talking to one of my sisters friends and she told her a story about when I was baby and my mom woke in the middle of the night, looked over and she saw a woman standing at crib watching me. And while I highly doubt that actually happened. The woman she described sounded precisely like the lady I always saw in my dreams. And I had never told my mom about the dreams (and still haven't) and she hadn't told that story before I started having them.

But this the only part about it that bothers me-- as soon as we moved out of that apartment, I never had those dreams again... dun dun duuuun! I'm pretty sure it wasn't a ghost. But it was just really eerie to me is all. I still think about it all the time.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kayla, I hope your older cousins' karma caught up with them. Not nice at all.

Your friend is insane? Is she a Kelso?

As for your dreams ... I'll give you my thoughts in private.

Old 04-22-2014, 12:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Your friend is insane? Is she a Kelso?
She might be!

Quote:
As for your dreams ... I'll give you my thoughts in private.
Okay.

Off to the next one.

----

Top Five Little Things that Give You Big Confidence

1. Changing my style-- I'm kind of stealing everyone's haircut pick but changing it a little. Every couple of years, I go out and pretty much buy a whole new wardrobe. I take my time and pick out great outfits, then I go home, clean out my closet and give away most of my old clothes. After that's done, I'll change my hair style, maybe try something new with my makeup and do some other things. It's a very big confidence booster for me, kind of like a "fresh start". Plus, I enjoy being able to donate my clothes to people that need them. Especially the ones I never wear.

2. Being kind-- This one really is a little thing to me, because I feel like I'm just kind by nature. ( Don't look like that, I am nice! ) But it tends to surprise people sometimes. Example: There was a gym teacher I had in high school that mostly everyone disliked. It was our last day before winter break, and although she wasn't my favorite teacher either, I still told her, "Merry Christmas." before I left class. And she looked up at me and seemed so happily surprised. Gym was my last class of the day, so I think I was the only person that wished her a Merry Christmas that whole day. So it's nice when people recognize my kindness.

3. Adding more little "good healthy habits" into my life-- Things like drinking more water, taking short walks everyday, remembering floss more often... etc.,

4. Thinking positive-- This is something so simple that a lot people don't understand can give you so much confidence. It's easy to blame everything and everyone else for my problems, but sometimes I just have to change the way *I* think about myself and certain things in order to feel better.

5. Being grateful-- I think this one and my #4 kind of go hand in hand. My life's not perfect, no ones is. But I have a lot. So whenever things don't go my way, I try to look at the "bigger picture" and just appreciate everything that I do have instead of fixating on every little thing that I don't. This and my #4: good karma, law of attraction, zen, snowball effect, whatever you want to call it, definitely always raise my confidence significantly.

--------

Okay, *I'm* all caught up. Are you happy now?

Last edited by alyak0807; 04-22-2014 at 05:09 PM
Old 04-23-2014, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's another good list, Kayla! I'm glad you have these things to give you confidence boosts. A little kindness can go a long way -- to other people and to oneself.

---

Colleen, are you skipping these?
Old 04-23-2014, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sorry! With the crazy week I had I kind of forgot!

Please feel free to move on, I will catch up this week at some point!
I am an original”
Old 04-24-2014, 06:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok d'ok. Next one...

Top 5 People You'd Want to Switch Places with for a Day
Old 04-24-2014, 04:03 PM
Master Fan

Hmmm. This a good one. But it may take me a while to come up with people and reasons.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:51 PM
Master Fan

I already know one choice and boy, that's gonna be creepy. Oh well, here we go...

Top 5 People You'd Want to Switch Places with for a Day

1. Fred Di Blasio - The guy is freakin' engaged to Lana Parrilla, I might sell quite a few valuable items to switch places with him, man.

2. Bill Gates - I'd send lots of tech stuff to my home adress and wire myself some money to use when I'm back to being me again after that one day.

3. Dan Smith - I'm not gifted musically, so I'd love to experience what it's like to be in a super successful band, touring the world. I guess one day isn't enough for the whole experience, but it'd be a glimpse at least. Dan Smith is the singer of Bastille, btw.

4. One of the creators of OUAT - Simply so I can change everything on the show to my liking and make them sign contracts so it can't be changed again once I'm back in my own body.

I already had to think a really long time to come up with four, I can't do a fifth one right now. I'll think about it some more though.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:16 PM
Master Fan

Great list Lulu! Your second one is funny.