Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2014, 07:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Aw, looking back through these, I really like the sentimental picks! AgentGrasshopper, the belt from your dad is such a neat souvenir! I like the significant others' clothing and the wedding dress, too. I still have a sweatshirt from my high-school boyfriend, but I kept it on accident. Just never gave it back. I still wear it sometimes cuz it's big and warm, but the warm feelings for the guy have long passed.

How did you guys dress when you were kids?

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 03-24-2015 at 10:57 AM
Old 03-26-2014, 09:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentysevenseconds (View Post)
AgentGrasshopper, the belt from your dad is such a neat souvenir!

How did you guys dress when you were kids?
You may call me Lulu.

I had some velcro sneakers, lots of jeans and mostly single-colored pullovers as a kid.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lulu, I think I've seen most of the clothing you listed. I'm glad you're recognizing how good you look!

Anybody remember Freezy Freakies? They're mittens where an image appears on them when they get cold.

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 03-24-2015 at 10:57 AM
Old 03-26-2014, 12:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Lulu, I think I've seen most of the clothing you listed. I'm glad you're recognizing how good you look!
I think you have.

Those mittens sound, as the name already suggest, pretty freaky!
Old 03-26-2014, 05:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hmm, I've never heard of those mittens but they sound neat!

LOL, ohhhh the Velcro. I had a pair of Velcro light-up sneakers when I was really little. Definitely the coolest shoes I've owned.

Yeah, I refused to wear jeans when I was in elementary school. I don't really know why. Something about the texture/weight of denim threw me off, I guess? I liked stretchy pants. Started wearing jeans when I got to junior high, though, and now I live in them.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:14 AM
Master Fan

Anything other than velcro sneakers is a bad, bad idea for pre-school kids.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentysevenseconds (View Post)
Yeah, I refused to wear jeans when I was in elementary school. I don't really know why. Something about the texture/weight of denim threw me off, I guess? I liked stretchy pants. Started wearing jeans when I got to junior high, though, and now I live in them.
Oh, I can see not wanting to wear jeans in elementary school. Unless they have a stretchy waistband, jeans can be really uncomfortable for li'l ones.

Freezy Freakies in action:

---

Time for a new pick 5! Any suggestions? Or shall I choose again?
Old 03-28-2014, 12:50 AM
Master Fan

Since you guys were talking about how you dressed as kids before, maybe we could do something related to our childhood.... I dunno what though. I'm just awful at choosing.

Maybe something like one of these:

Top Five Greatest Childhood Memories, or

Top Five Favorite Childhood Toys, or

Top Five Favorite Childhood Books, and/or Top Five Favorite Childhood Movies or

Top Five Lies You've Told Your Parents, (and pray they never read your list ) or

The Most Trouble You Got Into As a Child, or

Top Five Foods You Refused To Eat As a Kid But Love Now--(but we just did one about food), or

Top Five Things You Were Afraid Of As A Kid, (examples, going to the doctor, the dark, monsters, the vacuum cleaner... )

Or this one, which was already in the future pick 5's.--Top 5 most embarrassing things your family member/members have done to you/in public.

Those are just random ones that popped into my head. I don't know if you guys have done any of them already, but if you haven't and like any of the ones I made up, maybe we can do one of them next, or sometime soon.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Those are all great, Kayla! I put them on OP's list. And let's start with...

Top Five Greatest Childhood Memories
Old 03-28-2014, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh this is a great one! Sorry I didn't do the last one, My brain kept not wanting to work this week!

I had an idea for one we could do in the future, I don't know if it's been done or not, and it may be kind of lame but " Top 5 favorite tv series finales". I thought of it the other day when I was watching the series finale for "The Office".

I can't wait to do the childhood memories one this weekend, thinking of certain things from my childhood makes me very happy.
I am an original”
Old 03-28-2014, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
Oh this is a great one! Sorry I didn't do the last one, My brain kept not wanting to work this week!
We'll never know what you wear!

()

Quote:
I had an idea for one we could do in the future, I don't know if it's been done or not, and it may be kind of lame but " Top 5 favorite tv series finales". I thought of it the other day when I was watching the series finale for "The Office".
We did this one years ago, but no reason we can't do it again. I added it to the list.

Quote:
I can't wait to do the childhood memories one this weekend, thinking of certain things from my childhood makes me very happy.
Can't wait to read your list!
Old 03-28-2014, 10:51 PM
Master Fan

You chose one of my ideas!!! And you put the rest on the list! That makes me feel so special.

I'm excited to do some of those. I would love to learn what all of your childhoods were like.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:34 AM
Master Fan

Top Five Greatest Childhood Memories

1. The first one that comes to mind, especially because I've talked about it a few times recently, is playing with my sister in her room while listening to this Rod Stewart tape we found (read: stole from our mom). I don't even remember what we played, but it was a ton of fun.

2. Another childhood memory of mine is walking around the neighborhood with my best friend at the time, playing spies. We'd split up and talk over the walkie-talkies I got for my birthday one year. Such fun!

3. This one is also related to my best friend, there were times when she was sorta like a third child in our family because she spent a lot of time over at my place (mostly because I had the cool things, like a computer and a PSOne). I remember many, many afternoons where we met at 3pm after school (it was always that time, man) and played videogames for hours (or we went outside, see #2).

4. There was a time when Golden Girls reruns were on at 1am on Fridays or Saturdays and since everyone in the entire household is a nightowl, we used to meet up in the living room to watch the episodes together. It was a special little ritual for my mom, my sister and me.

5. Okay, last one... my mom raised us on her own since my dad died in an accident when we were still pretty young, so she had our grandma come over to babysit us every Thursday when she had her yoga class. We'd often go outside to a playground and into this woods-y area not too far away from it and then we'd kick a ball around.

Bonus: There's also the vacation in Portugal that I will always think back on fondly, we went with a few of my mom's friends and their families and rented a house in the middle of nowhere really, but it was amazing. There was a bar not too far away, we sometimes went there to play pool and to buy this delicious icecream. The beach wasn't far away either, we just had to walk a few minutes and we were there. Since this was somewhat remote, the beach wasn't cluttered with people either, it was mostly just us.

BOOYAH, I DID ONE FIRST!
Old 03-29-2014, 11:09 AM
Master Fan

Lulu, I absolutely love your list. It sounds like you had a lot of fun growing up. I wish could've been there, it sounds like a great time! Your family seems really cool.

I'll do my list as soon as I can.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lulu, your whole list is I could totally imagine you doing all those things. Staying up late to watch Golden Girls w/your mom and sis I relate to. And your game of spies sounds like so much fun!