Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2014, 12:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wow, this is a cool topic! I likes it.

Lulu, like everyone else, I love your list! Wow, you have really specific memories, which is cool. My favorites are the ones about your childhood friends, especially playing spies with walkie-talkies! It's so fun to remember stuff like that.

Okay, it took me a while to come up with my list. And they're really amalgams more than specific memories. Buuuut here it goes...

Favorite Childhood Memories

1. My dog. My favorite childhood memory is my dog Goldie. She was a yellow labrador. We got her when I was 4 and she died when I was 18, so I really grew up alongside her. She was the biggest sweetheart you'd ever meet. I thought I'd mention her first, because she is in the background of almost every memory that is important to me.

2. The Cabin. I grew up in the midwest, and going "Up North" to the cabin for summer vacation is such a midwest thing. Every summer since I was 5, my family and my cousins' family have been going to this lakeside resort for a week in the summer. We fish, go boating and tubing, have bonfires, bike, and play poker all week. We've been going there so long that we're good friends with the owners and get Christmas cards from them every year, etc. I definitely consider it my favorite place in the whole world.

3. Summer Camp. I only went to sleep away camp once, the summer before I was going into junior high. It was a really great experience, though, and I still remember it super fondly. The whole theme of the week was like, celebrating yourself and making good choices in junior high and high school. I still carry some of that wisdom with me, like the #1 Camp Rule: "It's my responsibility to have a good day!"

4. Family Christmases. Before my grandpa and grandma died, we used to have family Christmas in their basement every year. There were like, 15 cousins, and we'd all be spread out opening all our presents and it was a total madhouse. Good times, though. I'll never forget that shag carpeting.

5. Fairies. When I was in elementary school, my best friend and I made these little dolls out of wire, fake flowers, and wooden beads. We called them Fairies, and we each had our own, like, colony of them. We made up families and names and drama for all of them, and spent so many hours playing with them. For way longer than socially acceptable, too. Like, into high school.

It was hard to pick only 5! It was fun to reminisce!
Old 03-30-2014, 02:35 PM
Master Fan

I really love your list too, Shea. The dog you had sounds great! The dog I have now is part Labrador Retriever, and she really is the sweetest thing ever. And I played with my dolls for a long time too. I think I stopped when I was 11 or 12.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Shea, I know much more about you now! And your memories are very descriptive. I really enjoyed reading them. Your Christmases and the cabin sound wonderful.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:01 AM
Master Fan

Thanks, guys! Some things really have stuck with me and mind you, the memories are still somewhat general because those were things that happened quite a few times, but yeah. I definitely had a great childhood.

Great list, Shea! I've always wanted to go to a cabin like that.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks, all! I was talking to my mom yesterday and she said she and my aunt picked a weekend in June to try and book the cabin this summer! It's getting harder and harder to get everyone together, now that us kids are growing up.

Kayla, I am convinced that Labs are the best animals on earth. They're just so friendly and have such a sweet disposition! I want to get another dog ASAP (which will still be a loooong time, unfortunately), and I can't imagine getting any other breed. I'm gonna be a Lab lady for life.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentysevenseconds (View Post)
Thanks, all! I was talking to my mom yesterday and she said she and my aunt picked a weekend in June to try and book the cabin this summer! It's getting harder and harder to get everyone together, now that us kids are growing up.
I'm glad you're all able to find a time to get together, though.

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 03-24-2015 at 10:58 AM
Old 04-06-2014, 03:23 AM
Master Fan

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 03-24-2015 at 10:59 AM
Old 04-06-2014, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 04-06-2014, 08:26 AM
Master Fan

Old 04-06-2014, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 04-06-2014, 05:40 PM
Master Fan

I know this one was my idea, but don't wait for me. Once Colleen does hers feel free to move on.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyak0807 (View Post)
I know this one was my idea, but don't wait for me. Once Colleen does hers feel free to move on.
Aww ...

Old 04-07-2014, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Top 5 Childhood Memories

1. Going up north to Traverse City every Summer. My whole family used to go up to there every Summer, including my grandparents and aunts, uncles and cousins. We had so much fun and are trying to plan another trip up there again, all of us.

2. Getting a birthday present on my sisters birthday from my grandparents. This one may sound kind of silly, but when I was four years old, it was my sister's birthday. My grandparents didn't want me to be left out and they got me this cute pink charm bracelet. I ran around the house showing it off to everyone. I still have that bracelet and while it doesn't fit me anymore, I still carry it in my purse every where I go, along with my Grandpa's rosary.

3.. Sunday dinners at my grandma's house. My grandma used to be a great cook, and every Sunday we would get together and have a home cooked meal, and home cooked dessert. I miss those.

4. Hanging out with my friends growing up. I know that one may sound kind of "Duh", but I had some great friends in my neighborhood growing up. I still talk to some of them.

5. Going to Disney World. I love, and still love Disney World to this day. I cannot wait to go back with my own kids someday.

I enjoyed everyone's lists!
I am an original”
Old 04-08-2014, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Colleen, I all your memories.

---

New pick 5...

Top Five Little Things that Give You Big Confidence

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 03-24-2015 at 11:00 AM
Old 04-08-2014, 08:36 AM
Master Fan

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 03-24-2015 at 11:00 AM