Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2014, 12:51 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
I would've loved to see Hyde's shocked face in S5 (or even S3) when Jackie helped him with the Camino. Making her good with and interested in cars would've been a great way to flesh Jackie's character even more.

Maybe Kitty would even seek out Jackie's help when Red was in a bad mood. Jackie could perk him up by talking cars with him (or working on a car project with him).
I like that idea. Hyde would be so impress with Jackie if she was able to help him fix the El Camino or if she taught him something about cars.

It would've been a good way for Red and Jackie to bond. They didn't have any good moments together after Career Day that I can remember right now. He didn't even want to help her move her stuff out of the ski cabin. Kitty had to make him.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanselnext (View Post)
I like that idea. Hyde would be so impress with Jackie if she was able to help him fix the El Camino or if she taught him something about cars.
I did a storyline during "The Crunge" and "When the Levee Breaks" where Jackie helps out with the Camino.

Quote:
It would've been a good way for Red and Jackie to bond. They didn't have any good moments together after Career Day that I can remember right now. He didn't even want to help her move her stuff out of the ski cabin. Kitty had to make him.
Quite a few fans like to say Red saw Jackie as a surrogate daughter, but it's simply not true. After "Career Day," Red either didn't notice her or barely tolerated her. Yeah, he was sweet to her -- to a point -- in 'Bring It On Home," but he was still cranky about her presence in his house.

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 03-24-2015 at 08:00 AM
Old 06-08-2014, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would have liked to see more Red/Jackie moments later on. I think it would have been cute to see Jackie fixing Hyde's car too.
I am an original”
Old 06-09-2014, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
I would have liked to see more Red/Jackie moments later on. I think it would have been cute to see Jackie fixing Hyde's car too.
Jackie could've picked up on some more of Red's attitude toward Eric (as she did in "Career Day"), and maybe Eric would respect her more -- or, at least, fear her.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi all,

Don’t mean to switch the conversation off completely from the Jackie and Red talk, but I’m pretty sure most of you already know how I feel about Red and his relationship with the kids. And Lisa, I caught just a quick glance at the comic you posted, to avoid spoilers, and it looks wonderful!

I did want to share with you all though that over the few days when I was waiting for my computer to get fixed I finally got to see Robocop. Sat down and watched the whole thing and it really wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Yeah there was some pretty tough language but it’s not much different form some of the movie today I’m afraid. It wasn’t as gorey as I thought it would be either, though there are some parts that made me feel squimish. I think the biggest thing for me was there was A LOT of gunshots in movie and explosions not such a big deal but it is if your watching the movie on your ipad with headphone in your ears lol

But Kurtwood Smith’s role in the movie was pretty entertaining to watch. He definitely can play an awesome bad guy—scary too! Lol And I think I mentioned it here before that I think his wife appears in the movie as well, and after watching the film, she definitely does! The two even have a scene together and the things that his character says and does to her character, knowing that the two became married later just had me shaking my head and laughing a bit. It definitely made me wonder if that was filmed before they had even started dating, what a scene to show the grandkids lol

Don’t know if you all have seen the movie but if you haven’t it’s definitely worth a watch, Kurtwood is great in it!

Oh and just one more quick little thing Resurrection’s first season comes out on DVD tomorrow
Old 06-10-2014, 02:04 AM
Passionate Fan

That's a great comic Lisa.

Prissy I had no idea that KS was in Robocop. I might watch it one of these days.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That's a great comic Lisa.
Thanks, Nancy!

Prissy, thank you, too! Do you think Kurtwood met his wife on the Robocop set? Or did they know each other beforehand?

I've never watched Robocop all the way through, but I've seen clips, and lot of them were Kurtwood's. Imagine Eric watching the movie. He'd totally believe it was his dad.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah Nancy, I think Robocop is the film that really got his career moving. I think it’s worth a watch, but it’s the 1987 original not the new one. I saw that one on the DVD stands today when I went to buy Resurrection. I’m PRETTY sure he doesn’t make any kind of cameo in the new one, but he did go to the premiere for it. There was an interview but it wasn’t too interesting so I didn’t post it, not because of KS but more the questions.

Lisa, I have no clue whether KS knew his wife before the movie or not. The movie was released in 1987 and they were married in 1988 So don’t know if that says too much. I want to say that I read somewhere that that was where they met on the set but it was one of those articles that weren’t of an interview from him. Now that would’ve been a good question to ask at the premiere of the remake—his wife was there too!

I was the same before, having only seen clips and a few of Kurtwoos Smith’s scenes but watching the film all together I think was better because it helped understand the role he was playing even more. And a scene that I thought was his last scene in the movie when watching clips on their own turned out to not even be close to it after watching the whole movie. LOL it would be funny to see Eric’s reaction to seeing how much Clarence looks like his dad and then watching the movie every time he saw Red he’d be reminded of the evil villain in the movie. He looks very much the same, I think the only difference was in the movie he wears glasses, something that apparently helped KS get the role too!
Old 06-11-2014, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannygirl704 (View Post)
Lisa, I have no clue whether KS knew his wife before the movie or not. The movie was released in 1987 and they were married in 1988 So don’t know if that says too much. I want to say that I read somewhere that that was where they met on the set but it was one of those articles that weren’t of an interview from him. Now that would’ve been a good question to ask at the premiere of the remake—his wife was there too!
Yeah, it would've been a good question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannygirl704 (View Post)
I was the same before, having only seen clips and a few of Kurtwoos Smith’s scenes but watching the film all together I think was better because it helped understand the role he was playing even more. And a scene that I thought was his last scene in the movie when watching clips on their own turned out to not even be close to it after watching the whole movie. LOL it would be funny to see Eric’s reaction to seeing how much Clarence looks like his dad and then watching the movie every time he saw Red he’d be reminded of the evil villain in the movie. He looks very much the same, I think the only difference was in the movie he wears glasses, something that apparently helped KS get the role too!
It's a movie I'll probably get to one of these days. Kurtwood looks scarier in those glasses. I don't know why.

I think Eric, Hyde, and their friends would all stare at Red silent -- and in fear -- after watching that movie, and he'd have no idea what's going on.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Yeah, it would've been a good question!

It's a movie I'll probably get to one of these days. Kurtwood looks scarier in those glasses. I don't know why.

I think Eric, Hyde, and their friends would all stare at Red silent -- and in fear -- after watching that movie, and he'd have no idea what's going on.
I would love to see them all starting at Red like that!
I am an original”
Old 06-12-2014, 05:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Red would try to ignore it, but the staring would continue all day -- and then he'd get annoyed and yell at them to stop it. They'd all collectively gasp in fear, and he might start liking this new power he somehow gained over them.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
LOL I know what you mean and really it’s just THOSE glasses. The ones you see him in later like in House MD and pictures from premire not so much but the Robocop glasses are a different story lol. It’s said that the rimless glasses he wore reminded the director of Heinrich Himmer a Nazi leader.

Quote:
That would be so funny to see! I can already imagine it! I wonder what Red’s reaction to seeing the movie would be though? Would he think Clarence was cool or a dumbass? Would he see the similarties?
Old 06-12-2014, 06:13 PM
Elite Fan

Going back to Robocop for a second, I have a quick story to share with those that haven't heard it. I used o brave the season 8 tapings and I was able to meet the cast after every show. Anyway, my brother printed up a screen shot of Kurtwood from Robocop and asked me to get him to sign it. When I handed the photo to Kurtwood, his face LIT UP! He was so excited that I brought that photo for him. He told me to tell my brother that he has excellent taste in movie
Annie Jeff / Leslie Ben / Maria Michael / Pam Jim / Joey Pacey / Tyra Tim
Old 06-12-2014, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

That is such a cool story Chris!
I am an original”
Old 06-13-2014, 02:14 AM
Passionate Fan

That's a cool story.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top