Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2020, 03:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't have anything against Josh Meyers as I thought he was hilarious on MADtv, but he was horribly miscast in the show

But I will say I'd rather have Randy exist than them going with their original idea of him playing an "improved" version of Eric, as that would've been awful on a whole other level
Old 06-17-2020, 05:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Randy, for me, was the only part of S8 I could tolerate, in large part because he hadn't been part of the show previously, so there wasn't seven years of characterization for the S8 showrunners to ruin. But I totally get why most T7S fans don't like his character.

Maybe the only smart decision the T7S showrunners/producers made for S8: changing their mind about recasting Eric -- and creating a new character for Josh to play instead. Even though Randy's lines are very Eric. I'm sure the writers room was told, "Just write him as if he's Eric but without Eric's burnable foibles -- and history."
Old 06-17-2020, 11:03 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishik5 (View Post)
I gave "Days Like These" a try out of curiosity, but couldn't get past two or three episodes. Main issue i had with the show was acting The way those guys delivered their lines and emotions was so... robotic?
Made me cringe.
I saw the "That Disco Episode" equivalent; I stopped there, because I couldn't stop thinking of it as a no-budget fan adaptation done with an all-amateur cast and crew. Of course, I was watching a low quality copy of a tape, so it wasn't exactly presented in the best possible format.
Old 06-18-2020, 05:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen3to5 (View Post)
I saw the "That Disco Episode" equivalent; I stopped there, because I couldn't stop thinking of it as a no-budget fan adaptation done with an all-amateur cast and crew. Of course, I was watching a low quality copy of a tape, so it wasn't exactly presented in the best possible format.
Yeah, especially the scene where Hyde and Donna dance. The choreography was the same, but the execution -- along with the filming -- looked like a (somewhat talented) middle-school student reproduction.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

I remember when I first saw the show I used to like season 8...

Even after I saw the earlier episodes

Man how times have changed lol

One of my favorite scenes btw came from the season 7 finale whenever the guys were caught by Red, it's a shame the rest of the season wasn't that funny.

Also for some reason I wasn't a fan of the series finale whenever I first saw it and I'm still not
Old 07-04-2020, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacemanDoug (View Post)
I remember when I first saw the show I used to like season 8...

Even after I saw the earlier episodes

Man how times have changed lol

One of my favorite scenes btw came from the season 7 finale whenever the guys were caught by Red, it's a shame the rest of the season wasn't that funny.

Also for some reason I wasn't a fan of the series finale whenever I first saw it and I'm still not
Part of being human is the ability to grow and change. Our perspectives can broaden and evolve, and we understand nuances we didn't realize existed. When you liked season 8, you were young and reckless.

Red catching the guys in the circle is another holdover from season 7 being the last season (until S8 was greenlit late into S7's production). It was supposed to be a huge reveal (and it is), but it has less impact since the show has another season afterward.
Old 07-25-2020, 02:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Part of being human is the ability to grow and change. Our perspectives can broaden and evolve, and we understand nuances we didn't realize existed. When you liked season 8, you were young and reckless.

Red catching the guys in the circle is another holdover from season 7 being the last season (until S8 was greenlit late into S7's production). It was supposed to be a huge reveal (and it is), but it has less impact since the show has another season afterward.
oh god I went through a few episodes to see if any music was omitted in season 8 (turns out there is but they're all very small) and damn, just going through like two episodes reminds me of the exact reason why I despise season 8 with a passion

seriously it's the definition of wrong

even the scene transitions managed to be awful

Last edited by SpacemanDoug; 07-25-2020 at 02:22 AM
Old 07-25-2020, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
oh god I went through a few episodes to see if any music was omitted in season 8 (turns out there is but they're all very small) and damn, just going through like two episodes reminds me of the exact reason why I despise season 8 with a passion
Whenever reruns of S8 came on TV, and I happened to flip past it, even seeing a second is painful. It's that bad.

Quote:
even the scene transitions managed to be awful
I don't remember them, but I don't doubt it. The wig used for Leo in S8 is terrible, too.
Old 07-25-2020, 01:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Whenever reruns of S8 came on TV, and I happened to flip past it, even seeing a second is painful. It's that bad.

I don't remember them, but I don't doubt it. The wig used for Leo in S8 is terrible, too.
Well as you know the transitions featured the characters doing cool or funny movements

But in season 8 they're a lot more lame, sometimes it's just the characters doing generic jumping, standing around, or bad dancing

There was one I saw where Jackie and Donna bump butts and that one particularly pissed me off for some reason

They were also a lot shorter
Old 07-26-2020, 08:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

In a way it's a good thing that transitions changed. Just another way to show us that it's not the same show anymore.
Old 07-27-2020, 05:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
There was one I saw where Jackie and Donna bump butts and that one particularly pissed me off for some reason
Oh, yeah! I remember that one (now that you mention it ). I think they look way too happy in that transition (or bumper, at they're called -- not because of their bumping butts ). They're in the horror that is season 8. They should not look happy.

Quote:
In a way it's a good thing that transitions changed. Just another way to show us that it's not the same show anymore.
Agreed. Same with the opening with the theme song.
Old 07-27-2020, 07:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

There are so many options of what that season could be:
Fanfiction Fez wrote;
Bad dream Jackie had while waiting for Hyde's return after he stormed off from the hotel;
Eric's fantasy about the way his friends lives can turn out while he's not there...
And i'm sure Lisa can come up with something Donna/Hyde/Kelso related as well
Old 07-28-2020, 06:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
There are so many options of what that season could be:
Fanfiction Fez wrote;
Bad dream Jackie had while waiting for Hyde's return after he stormed off from the hotel;
Eric's fantasy about the way his friends lives can turn out while he's not there...
And i'm sure Lisa can come up with something Donna/Hyde/Kelso related as well
Yes, those are all valid options. Although I think early!seasons Fez would only like the part where he and Jackie end up together. Later!seasons Fez wasn't interested in Jackie romantically anymore, and he wouldn't write a fanfic where Kelso is gone most of the time.

For Hyde, season 8 is what he hallucinates after smoking a bad batch of film (or one laced with something he never intended to smoke ).

For Donna, it's a bad dream she has after Eric leaves Point Place without her.

For Kelso, his last fall off the water tower put him in a three-day coma (). Season 8 is the life he imagined/dreamed was happening until he regained consciousness.
Old 07-28-2020, 10:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

I like the last one the most
Old 07-29-2020, 06:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I like the last one the most
Maybe Kelso's experience in that bizarro version of his life will make him a better man when he gets back to his real life.