New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2018, 06:56 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
That '70s Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
Kind of a shame, I loved the Halloween episodes.
Yeah. I would've liked a season 6 Halloween episode, in particular.
me!
MistyMountainHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Disney

Yes, that would have been a great time to have one!
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 10:05 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
That '70s Show

Quote:
Yes, that would have been a great time to have one!
We were robbed of a Jackie-and-Hyde-are-in-love Halloween.
me!
Old 02-07-2018, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Disney

Yes, do you think Jackie would be able to convince Hyde to dress up?
Old 02-08-2018, 07:18 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
That '70s Show

Quote:
Yes, do you think Jackie would be able to convince Hyde to dress up?
Maybe -- but not with the costume she'd want him to wear. He'd end up picking something that suits his personality. And it would be something simple like Jim Halpert's name tag -- like wearing a T-shirt from a band he didn't love. His costume is he's a Rush fan.
me!
Old 02-08-2018, 02:39 PM
New Fan

I could see him doing something a (this is my costume) kind of thing.
Yeah he couldn't do a Styx t-shirt cos' like the rest of the he secretly kinda likes them, but I wonder what Eric would've said if he did.

Jackie might want Hyde to be the Captain & Tenille, the Carpenters, Sonny & Cher, Joanie & Chachi, or 6 million $ man & bionic woman. I don't see him going for any of those, but I could see him going as Sid & Nancy with that punk chick he was briefly with.

The closest couple costume was as the wonder twins for the superfriends fantasy sequences. Poor dr. Bald, those super jerks.
Dr.PP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 07:18 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
That '70s Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.PP (View Post)
Poor dr. Bald, those super jerks.

Dr. Bald's legion of alien zombies -- there should be a comic book about them.
me!
Old 02-09-2018, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Maybe -- but not with the costume she'd want him to wear. He'd end up picking something that suits his personality. And it would be something simple like Jim Halpert's name tag -- like wearing a T-shirt from a band he didn't love. His costume is he's a Rush fan.
That's exactly the picture in my mind I get of Hyde dressing up.

Although complete side note I did love the episode of The Office where Jim relented and dressed up as Popeye for Pam.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:46 PM
New Fan

The first few times the kids are at the hub, it's a lot busier, has multiple pinball machines. It's hard to imagine some of the later scenarios that played out there occuring within the original arrangement. Preferences?

Also, I read in another thread Misty wrote about how actors change & age & such, but that characters live on & are portrayed by different acrors over time. T7S cast have discussed being open to a special or a film. Would it be more interesting to see a T7S movie that isn't the 70's with the original cast. Or more interesting to see a T7S movie set in the 70's, but with a currently younger cast? With as many plot, characterization & timeline inconsistencies as T7S had, maybe split the difference & just have the original cast in the 70's anyway? Also, would a T7S film be better within a linear 3 act frame or as a Linklater-esque slice of life character driven piece?
Old 02-09-2018, 08:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
That '70s Show

Quote:
That's exactly the picture in my mind I get of Hyde dressing up.

Quote:
Although complete side note I did love the episode of The Office where Jim relented and dressed up as Popeye for Pam.
Haven't gotten to that ep in my Office rewatch yet, but that's love. And when Hyde is a little older, he might do the same for Jackie if it meant that much to her.

Quote:
The first few times the kids are at the hub, it's a lot busier, has multiple pinball machines. It's hard to imagine some of the later scenarios that played out there occuring within the original arrangement. Preferences?
Hard to say since we didn't get to see the original version of The Hub that much. But just because most of the storylines happened in the less crowded/extensive Hub, I'm going with that one. The original Hub might've been too distracting from the characters.

Quote:
Also, I read in another thread Misty wrote about how actors change & age & such, but that characters live on & are portrayed by different acrors over time. T7S cast have discussed being open to a special or a film. Would it be more interesting to see a T7S movie that isn't the 70's with the original cast. Or more interesting to see a T7S movie set in the 70's, but with a currently younger cast? With as many plot, characterization & timeline inconsistencies as T7S had, maybe split the difference & just have the original cast in the 70's anyway? Also, would a T7S film be better within a linear 3 act frame or as a Linklater-esque slice of life character driven piece?
Personally, I don't a T7S movie or TV movie or series revival. The show's writing deteriorated as time went on and went kablooey in season 8. I don't trust that any new official T7S material would do the characters justice. I prefer well-written fanfic by people who understand and respect who the characters (and show) are at their core.
me!
Old 02-10-2018, 07:12 PM
New Fan

Did any of the writers on the show write those diary entries from the old website? I would rather have seen some of those scenarios filmed & put in the show even though they're sort of gags & inner monologues than some of the later season stuff they came up with. At least the stuff from the diaries seemed to have been more in character.

A lot of revived material/properties lose(s) the essence of what it was. A lot of new movies based on older things are akin to T7S season 8, where characters look vaguely recognizable, but the personalities & general vibe are way off, either for the sake of acclimating to current styles or they just don't get the source material. Also, since T7S was a period show, it would stand to lose something by being set in a different period for 2 hours. Other shows have gotten a continuation or t.v. special a decade or 2 after the original run, but I can't think of any of those that were originally period set.
Based on what's out there about it, I Imagine something like a non hypothetical 2 hour version of the episode "it's a wonderful life" without Newman angel & Eric talking, set in the 90's & probably showing & saying everything in graphic detail that was merely suggested on tv. I'd rather not see it that way myself & prefer stuff like comics here.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:42 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
That '70s Show

Quote:
Did any of the writers on the show write those diary entries from the old website?
I have no idea, but whoever did write them understood the characters well.

Quote:
I would rather have seen some of those scenarios filmed & put in the show
Same.

Quote:
At least the stuff from the diaries seemed to have been more in character.
Totally agree.

Quote:
Based on what's out there about it, I Imagine something like a non hypothetical 2 hour version of the episode "it's a wonderful life" without Newman angel & Eric talking, set in the 90's & probably showing & saying everything in graphic detail that was merely suggested on tv. I'd rather not see it that way myself & prefer stuff like comics here.
That would be an approach. I'd rather see the characters living their lives ten years later (or however many years later the movie would take place after the show) without a frame narrative and with all the OOC nonsense of the last two seasons scrapped. Like the new Will & Grace did to its own canon storylines (which I actually enjoyed, so I consider the new Will & Grace a mostly in-character AU. Like a quality fanfic, also enjoyable).
me!
Old 02-12-2018, 02:06 PM
New Fan

It's interesting that they filmed it from the beginning in a panoramic style, even though it would be cropped for broadcast. Did they know that widescreen t.v. would become the next thing?
Old 02-12-2018, 08:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
That '70s Show

Quote:
It's interesting that they filmed it from the beginning in a panoramic style, even though it would be cropped for broadcast. Did they know that widescreen t.v. would become the next thing?
I think it was known in the TV-show industry that HDTV would soon/eventually become the standard, so they filmed their shows in HD.
me!
Old 02-13-2018, 01:04 PM
New Fan

I guess that's kind of nice to have consistency on replay, rather than earlier seasons being cropped on the sides.

I've read that Eric's room was a reused set from Roseanne, that it was the daughters' bedroom. Some of the T7S people used to work on Roseanne & the end of that show isn't too distant from the time T7S may have begun production. Does this seem likely or no? Are there any sets from other shows or that went on to be used in other shows?
Reply   Post New Thread