Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2003, 05:32 PM
Loyal Fan

How Obsessed Are You?

Do you carry around pics of That 70s Show? Do you carry scripts with you? What about bios of the actors? I do all of the above...I carry them in my purse!

I know, your probably thinking, "Wow, this girl is obsessed! I don't even carry that much stuff!" but I know most of you are just the same...or at least I hope I'm not the only one, LOL!

So I was just wondering, If any of you carry anything around like I do, and if so, What do you carry around?

I carry these things...

1. an endless amount of pictures (not only of that 70s Show, but of 2gether, Incubus, John Mayer, Shia Labeouf, Jimmy Fallon, Shane West and Mandy Moore.)
2. scripts to a couple edisodes
3. bios of the actors
4. you know your obsessed list (they are funny)

You might be saying, "Wow, no that is obsessive, Psycho stalker girl alert!" but I only carry them around in case I get bored! LOL...

As I said before, I was just wondering, If any of you carry anything around like I do, and if so, What do you carry around?
Old 06-17-2003, 08:21 PM
M3
Master Fan

I don't carry anything with me (I'm lucky to remember my ID card for work, which is currently in my hoodie pocket AT work, so case in point!).

When I'm bored I think about fan ficton, usually AU stuff... You know, That Western 70s Show or That 50s Show... What if Jackie was pregnant in Season 1, what if Hyde did leave in Punk Chick, what if Donna and Kelso didn't go back to Wisconsin, what if Fez was threatened with deportation earlier in the show, that type of thing.

Endless unwritten fan fiction. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Don't wanna be an American idiot. One nation controlled by the media.
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:40 PM
fehr_am

im not that obsessed at all. Hyde and Ashton are hot. I watch the show when im bored. End Of Story. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 06-17-2003, 08:44 PM
Extreme Fan

I don't carry around a bunch of pointless stuff I could easily just read on the net when I come home. I don't see how I COULD carry that kind of stuff around; I just have a purse I take with me like every normal gal. But since the question was "what all do you carry around" I guess I'm done here. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] But FYI - I'm pretty sure I'm faaar more obsessed than most people.
Old 06-17-2003, 10:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Well I don't carry any of it around but own a lot of T7S stuff. Like about 25 scripts (several are signed), many many 8x10 promo shots, a ton of clippings, TV Guides, real pictures of the cast and a lot of other T7S stuff that I did not really need.lol

I also have a web site for the show, a Eric/Donna Yahoo group and I have every episode on tape.

Oh and I flew out for 3 live filmings of the show.lol

[ 06-17-2003: Message edited DonnaPinchMyButtie ]
Old 06-18-2003, 12:22 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by DonnaPinchMyButtie:
<STRONG>Well I don't carry any of it around but own a lot of T7S stuff. Like about 25 scripts (several are signed), many many 8x10 promo shots, a ton of clippings, TV Guides, real pictures of the cast and a lot of other T7S stuff that I did not really need.lol

I also have a web site for the show, a Eric/Donna Yahoo group and I have every episode on tape.

Oh and I flew out for 3 live filmings of the show.lol
</STRONG>
I second most of that (only I have 3 scripts not 25 LOL). Especially with the photos and web site (and a Yahoo group only it's for Debra Jo Rupp). [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img] EBAY is my best friend. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I too have been to three tapings but I flew to only the first two and rode a Greyhound bus for 33 hours straight for the third one. Damn it sucks being desperate when you don't make a lot of money. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I also have every episode taped (except for that damn Best Christmas Ever), some even 2 or 3 times, depending on how much I loved them heehee...

And come to think of it I do carry one thing in particular around - my polaroid of Jess, Debra Jo, and myself on the set from the first time we met Deb. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

Sugar makes me ramble. I'm shutting up now. [img]smilies/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2003, 01:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kryssi:
<STRONG>But FYI - I'm pretty sure I'm faaar more obsessed than most people.</STRONG>
::bows to Kryssi::

Also, fanfiction is good. And I've been on a recasting the texts kick since March sometime, so the AU stuff has been particularly appealing. As has obsessive close readings of scenes, which can be bad when the continuity doesn't always work out. But, you have to work with the finished result, so oh well.
Old 06-18-2003, 02:25 AM
Elite Fan

Hmmm...interesting question to ask...I don't carry any of the stuff on me, and actually have relatively little anyway, including a couple pics and my taped episodes, of which I think I have a good chunk of them...mostly though if I want to see anything related to the show, I come online, or watch some eps...so I guess the answer is, I'm not too obsessed though some people might think otherwise...oh and I almost forgot I write fanfic...note to all...this comp issue will slow my next chapter's output significantly... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] And just when I was finally starting to work on it... [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2003, 06:37 AM
M3
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kryssi:
<STRONG> EBAY is my best friend. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] </STRONG>
My brother mocks me having a website but I always bring up that I have never BOUGHT anything T7S related so it's all good in the hood.

Last time I ran a website I was several thousand dollars into it on merchandise and other junk. And for THAT obsession, I flew to AssBend, Kansas to drive with a psychopath a few hours to SuckMe, Nebraska to watch a concert of said obsession. I slept on a couch covered in cat hair (everything was covered in cat hair) and had a horrible time with said psychopath, but front row seats to said concert of a lifetime? Priceless [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Plus Ebay can relist your junk when you are done with it. I've only made back about a fourth of what the stuff cost me, but I'm working on it.

My only cost for being a fan of this show is that I slightly compensate a friend for their picture donations to the site. Oh yeah, the cost of the site (hosting and domain), and the Snappy device to make pikchures. And I'm hoping to recoup a little of that cost by fan donations (we'll see how that works)

Other than that, no money spent on That 70s Show. YAY ME! [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2003, 07:26 AM
Addicted Fan

Like most people here, I don't carry my stuff around with me, but I've got a lot of stuff for T7S and Topher by himself. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

My godmother used to send me tons of magazine clippings from TV Guide and Entertainment Weekly, and those combined with stuff from magazines I've purchased have given me a T7S Wall next to my bed, which is loaded with clippings and pics. The clippings that couldn't fit on the wall are in a shoebox. The T7S wall has a little section dedicated to just Topher, of course.

I also have a T7S poster, a Traffic poster, an O11 poster, one of those pre-printed autographed postcards that the studio sends out, and two autographed pictures of Topher that my godmother gave me as a regular gift and a birthday present.

My mom made a T7S nightshirt with fabric paint that's pretty cool, and I still wear it sometimes. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] My godmother also got me a Traffic t-shirt off of EBay that I wear a lot. It came wrapped in a pink box with the scorpion on it--it was designed to look like the "bricks" manufactured by the Scorpio Cartel--and I re-wrapped the pink paper back into a box and keep the empty brick on my desk.

I usually keep my movie ticket stubs on a poster collage, but my stubs for Traffic and O11 stay in a little plastic box (formerly a thumbtack box) on my desk. All of the stubs for Topher's films go and will go in there.

Finally, I don't have a website, but I administrate a message board for Topher. I also visit three T7S forums, including this one. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I'm pretty obsessed, as you can see. But really, I'm sane. Really! *kicks straightjacket underneath of a nearby chair* [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

"Hey! The position for 'annoying talking animal' has already been filled!" ~Donkey; Shrek 2
Old 06-18-2003, 08:46 AM
Master Fan

Wow. I thought I was a fan. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] You guys blow me away! The only thing I carry around are dirty little fantasies of Danny/Hyde in my head. [img]smilies/spineyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2003, 09:22 AM
Extreme Fan

Right there with ya Eoyore [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ..lol..

Like other people here though, I do have the majority of the episodes on tape, as well as tons of T70sS related pictures, music videos, etc. on my harddrive. I havn't actually spent any money on merchandise but, if they ever release the show on dvd I'll definitely be picking it up.

M3 - I've seen you mention this former obsession of your's before, and how you ended up investing a lot of money in it. I'm sorry to ask but, what was this obsession? A singer/band? You've got me all curious! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 06-18-2003: Message edited ~*Ambrosia*~ ]
Old 06-18-2003, 09:44 AM
M3
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*Ambrosia*~:
<STRONG>M3 - I've seen you mention this former obsession of your's before, and how you ended up investing a lot of money in it. I'm sorry to ask but, what was this obsession? A singer/band? You've got me all curious! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

</STRONG>
Oy. Def Leppard. [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] I "noticed" them in 1997 or so, and bought all the albums (Slang being the best, period). I had a thing for the lil cockney guitarist, Phil. Then I noticed their rather hot Irish guitar player was more or less hated because he replaced a beloved (but total drunk) guitarist who killed himself. So I made a site for the guy. The only site. The biggest site. Which led to their tour manager/best friend contacting me and we chatted via email, which is how we got front row seats when I went to visit a "friend" for the concert.

Unfortunately, I saw first hand the psychosis in the fans and some other stuff happened and I got out of the whole thing fast. Took me two years before I could listen to the music again without being pissed. Frucking sad women, I tell ya.

In two/three years of being a fan I accumulated about $4,000 worth of merchandise. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Imports, singles, videos, tshirts, posters, cassettes, books, magazines, audio tapes of interviews....

On the plus side, I discovered some awesome bands like Dio, ShadowKing, Riverdogs and Clock that the guitarist was involved in.

Rock on VIV!

I must have a thing for guys with curly hair... Vivian's hair was longer than mine and really curly too. His secret was leave-in conditioner as well, just like Danny! Hmmmm....

Old 06-18-2003, 10:01 AM
Total Fan

I don't carry anything with me either. But I do think about them (in T70S) ALOT! I think my "obsession" started nine months ago. And from that time all I talked about was That 70's Show [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2003, 11:01 AM
Loyal Fan

I would just like to remind you that I only carry it incase I get bored, like if I go to a family get together or when I have some free time at school. I really don't think that I'm that obsessed. I also do carry them around if I need a good laugh. My friends sasy I'm obsessed, but I don't think it is that obsessed, wanting to be entertained, LOL! since I can't watch them show at school, I think it is good to bring scripts so I can like act out episodes, LOL. NOt really, that would be sort of loser-ish, but I just think that it is good to be entertained. I have actually cut down what I carry. Now I really only bring pictures with me...but a ton of them at that. So I'm trying to cut down!