Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2006, 07:48 AM
Elite Fan

The best thing for Jackie would be to stay single, but that won't happen with these writers. So why not Fez? Yeah he's creepy & perverted, but at least you can trust Fez to be loyal. Which is a lot more than could be said of her 2 previous boyfriends.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:54 AM
Master Fan

Creepy, perverted and loyal? That's quite a lovely picture you're painting, Louis
Old 05-04-2006, 08:06 AM
Elite Fan

He reminds me of myself what can I say
Old 05-04-2006, 08:35 AM
Loyal Fan

Oh dear... Well I do like your idea of Jackie being single, successful, and independant without a man.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by relena
Oh dear... Well I do like your idea of Jackie being single, successful, and independant without a man.
If she wasn't going to end up with Hyde then this would have been the best idea for her character.
Annie Jeff / Leslie Ben / Maria Michael / Pam Jim / Joey Pacey / Tyra Tim
Old 05-04-2006, 12:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah... that so true.
When she was with Hyde she had started to become independant. Like she'd consider seriously having a career.
In this season they have her sweeping hair... I mean, Jackie is the kind of girl that fight for what she wants. At least she used to...

I can make a parallele with T70S and Shrek.
See, Jackie is Feona. Hyde is Shrek. Kelso is Prince Charming and Fez is Donkey.
Feona does not end with Donkey. She end up with Shrek.
Donkey find one hot Dragon and live hapily ever after.
Prince Charming... stay charming and... knock up sleeping beauty...?
Old 05-04-2006, 12:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by piochi
Yeah... that so true.
When she was with Hyde she had started to become independant. Like she'd consider seriously having a career.
In this season they have her sweeping hair... I mean, Jackie is the kind of girl that fight for what she wants. At least she used to...

See, Jackie is Feona. Hyde is Shrek. Kelso is Prince Charming and Fez is Donkey.
haha! that made me laugh.

I also think that its really sad how, from like season one she wanted to be on television, but now shes pretty much a janitor, which is kinda sad
Old 05-04-2006, 12:32 PM
Elite Fan

Alone would have been nice, she always seemed to think she needed a man.
Ria
Old 05-04-2006, 12:32 PM
Passionate Fan

The Shrek parallels are definitely there. Hee.

Oh, I steal things all the time. It's just something I do. I stopped caring a long time ago.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by piochi

That's hilarious Oh man never thought about it like that.
Ria
Old 05-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Banned

I love the Shrek parallels! That's great
Old 05-04-2006, 02:33 PM
Elite Fan

oh my god shrek is genius!
Old 05-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Passionate Fan

Um, I don't understand people claiming that Fez has been in love with Jackie the entire series. I don't see that at all. I think Fez dropped the ball with Jackie in Ice Shack in season 3. He liked her a lot on and off up until then (aside from when he was with other girls) but in Ice Shack, I think he had the last straw with her and Kelso and just...moved on. Because I can't really think of a time after that where any affection he's shown her has been beyond friendship or the same lust that he showed Donna.

As for Jackie, she DID like him and admit to liking him in that one episode late in season two. But that was never mentioned again. I always assumed that finding out about Kelso cheating, then going out with Fez but ultimately ending up in love with Hyde over it all wiped away any reminants of that one episode crush.

Fez comes across as being able to adapt very well. He adapted to Jackie always getting back with Kelso, and he adapted to her eventually liking Hyde. And once he adapts to something, it just seems as though he moves on from the past.

Seriously, I am trying to think of examples post season 3 of Fez still liking Jackie, and I can't think of anything. I remember him pushing Jackie out of the way so that girl could catch the bouquet at a wedding and he'd get some. I remember him helping her and Hyde get back together. I just don't remember anything else other than the same spying and horniness attitude toward her that he had with Donna.

Oh, I steal things all the time. It's just something I do. I stopped caring a long time ago.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity Nerd
Um, I don't understand people claiming that Fez has been in love with Jackie the entire series. I don't see that at all. I think Fez dropped the ball with Jackie in Ice Shack in season 3. He liked her a lot on and off up until then (aside from when he was with other girls) but in Ice Shack, I think he had the last straw with her and Kelso and just...moved on. Because I can't really think of a time after that where any affection he's shown her has been beyond friendship or the same lust that he showed Donna.

As for Jackie, she DID like him and admit to liking him in that one episode late in season two. But that was never mentioned again. I always assumed that finding out about Kelso cheating, then going out with Fez but ultimately ending up in love with Hyde over it all wiped away any reminants of that one episode crush.

Fez comes across as being able to adapt very well. He adapted to Jackie always getting back with Kelso, and he adapted to her eventually liking Hyde. And once he adapts to something, it just seems as though he moves on from the past.

Seriously, I am trying to think of examples post season 3 of Fez still liking Jackie, and I can't think of anything. I remember him pushing Jackie out of the way so that girl could catch the bouquet at a wedding and he'd get some. I remember him helping her and Hyde get back together. I just don't remember anything else other than the same spying and horniness attitude toward her that he had with Donna.
Thank you for saying this. I have been on other threads where people say that Fez has always loved Jackie or that there has been a lot of build up to this. If we pretend that seasons 4 through 3/4 of season eight never happened, then this would be true. However, we are not like the writers who have completely disregarded 4 and 3/4 seasons.

The one episode where Jackie thought she liked Fez was ridiculously cheesy. It was just a little school girl crush born out of jealously because he stopped paying attention to her.

The thing that makes me mad is that they have sent J/H hints throughout this whole season. True, they are way more subtle than the hints during season seven, but they have been there. It's bad enough that they break up our favorite couple but they also give us tiny bits of hope along the way.

Merri
Old 05-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity Nerd

This is so much easier than posting myself and I whole heartedly agree as usual.