Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2006, 07:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity Nerd
As if there weren't any random hot guys in Chicago that she could pick up. She should have found a sexy male nurse.

I think the writers are fresh out of ideas. I think they've been out of ideas the entire year. I really wonder what a table reading with the cast must have sounded like. I can't imagine anyone thinking this season is anywhere near what this show used to be.
I think they were out of ideas last year...um Eric's obsession with roller disco anyone?

It's just sad to think that what people are going to remember about the show is this last season where the show basically lost all of it's fans and any respect anyone had for it, which sucks.

They could have at least made this season funny at the very least, I barely crack a smilie while watching.
Ria
Old 05-02-2006, 07:43 PM
Master Fan

I think they have done just about every scenario, every possible thing they could do to these characters.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:45 PM
Passionate Fan

Roller disco! Another thing J/E have in common!

Yeah, that was totally random. "Rainbow!"

Gah, no wonder Topher left.

Oh, I steal things all the time. It's just something I do. I stopped caring a long time ago.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Roller disco! Another thing J/E have in common!

Yeah, that was totally random. "Rainbow!"

Gah, no wonder Topher left.
Yeah that in the fact that they completly destroyed his character..well all characters, but mostly Eric in the last season..and it's just gotten worse now.

I don't think they have said one positive thing about Eric the whole time this season
Ria
Old 05-02-2006, 07:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

Jackie/Kelso When the show first began, I only watched it sporadically (maybe 2-3 episodes per season). J/K were a cute couple. It was fun to watch her domineering ways over his stupid ways. I figured through the years, they would eventually mature into a better couple. It never occured to me that they would not end up together.

Jackie/Hyde However, this couple is what made me really fall in love with That 70s Show. It's funny because the first episode that I saw where they were together, it made me think "What the heck?" I figured that it was a way to keep Jackie and Kelso apart for awhile. It wasn't until I watched the reruns building up to their relationship that I fell in love with them. This was Jackie's most mature relationship. They balanced each other and brought out the best in one another.

IMO, they were also a very funny couple, although the show could have made better use of their differences. While I prefer the episodes that show how cute they were together, I also loved the ones that showed their funnier side. One of my favorite episodes was when she redecorated his room. Ha! Ha! I also liked the episode where he forbids her to talk about weddings. It was hilarious (Not to mention it has one of the sweetest Zennie moments at the end)!

Jackie/Fez I'm not going to sugar coat this for you. This is by far the dumbest move that I have ever seen on network television. I was so excited when they moved in together.I thought that it was going to be a hilarious pairing as far as friendship is concerned. This could have provided some great comedy for the season. However, the comedy ends with the thought of putting these two together. Eww! It's like watching a brother and sister make out (or Joey and Rachel). He is so creepy and she is WAY too good for him. I am sorry but this is just how I feel. They made a great team as "just friends" but this ruined it for me. My hope is that their relationship ends in the same way that Joey/Ranchel's did.

Jackie/Eric I am just not a fan of UC couples. The appeal of their friendship is that they are thrown together because of mutual friends. They are forced to hang out in the same crowd. While they have always showed underlying respect for each other, there is just no way they could ever date. They would kill each other and not in a cute or funny way. I always thought that their friendship was realistic since just because you are friends with two different people doesn't mean that they are going to be friends with each other. Eventually, J/E just learned to tolerate each other.

In conclusion Wow, I bet you can't tell who my favorite couple is?! Ha! Ha! :-) Deep in my Zennie heart, I still have some hope that Jackie and Hyde will end up together. However, I am afraid that I will be crushed in the end. If she can't end up with Hyde, I would prefer her to be alone. The idea of her ending up with anyone else is just horrific.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:51 PM
Passionate Fan

One of the things I hated about both E/D and J/H was the way the writers always made both Eric and Jackie the screw-ups and grovelers (yeah, that's not spelled right) in the relationship, while Donna and Hyde got to maintain their high and mighty titles. Even in cases where their actions were completely justified, like Jackie making Hyde sweat it out all summer and Eric not taking Donna back immediately after she was dumped by Casey, the writers still made it clear that E and J were the ones who were supposed to be wrong.

Oh, I steal things all the time. It's just something I do. I stopped caring a long time ago.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think Kelso need someone like Brook. a smart patient hot girl. Jackie is smart, but she need to be chalenged to proove it and Kelso cant do that.
Fez need a sweet giving girl, he wont be able to handle Jackie, I mean come on, you know she'll use sex as a weapon to get Fez to do whatever she wants. it's too easy. The first months they'll do fine, but when the fun part of the beginning of a relation will go off, Jackie gonna take full advantage of Fez, and the sad part is I think he wont even care... poor guy.
So rationaly, Hyde is the best match for her. They are both bad people but together they are good.

I dont know why, but Eric and Jackie dont bother me that much either, maybe because it's totaly impossible now, but I always wanted them to built something, maybe not love but a sort of friendship. It doesnt always have to be about love does it?
Old 05-02-2006, 07:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
One of the things I hated about both E/D and J/H was the way the writers always made both Eric and Jackie the screw-ups and grovelers (yeah, that's not spelled right) in the relationship, while Donna and Hyde got to maintain their high and mighty titles. Even in cases where their actions were completely justified, like Jackie making Hyde sweat it out all summer and Eric not taking Donna back immediately after she was dumped by Casey, the writers still made it clear that E and J were the ones who were supposed to be wrong.
I hate that so much. Like in Season 4 where everyone kept saying that Donna broke up with him..and then he admited that it was his fault they broke up..um no. Donna and Hyde have both made some mistakes in the relationship department, but never get punished, it always falls on E/J, hence why they would work in the world of fandom.
Ria
Old 05-02-2006, 08:00 PM
Master Fan

Well said.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:04 PM
Elite Fan

Nice job Ria and Annie!
Annie Jeff / Leslie Ben / Maria Michael / Pam Jim / Joey Pacey / Tyra Tim
Old 05-03-2006, 02:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle-weasel!
I hate that so much. Like in Season 4 where everyone kept saying that Donna broke up with him..and then he admited that it was his fault they broke up..um no. Donna and Hyde have both made some mistakes in the relationship department, but never get punished, it always falls on E/J, hence why they would work in the world of fandom.
Oh I feel conflict.....goon heart cracking....need liquor.....
Old 05-03-2006, 03:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle-weasel!
I agree that Hyde got away with a lot of stuff in his relationship with Jackie, but Eric? I always felt it was his fault that he and Donna broke up. He tried to force her to commit when she wasn't ready too and then blew that stupid ring thing way out of proportion.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasman
I agree that Hyde got away with a lot of stuff in his relationship with Jackie, but Eric? I always felt it was his fault that he and Donna broke up. He tried to force her to commit when she wasn't ready too and then blew that stupid ring thing way out of proportion.
I agree that the break-up was mostly his fault, but they broke up for good reason. One wanted to commit, and the other didn't (sounds oddly familiar) and I think everyone's reactions to the break-up were pretty unfair.

Eric doesn't want to be her second choice when Casey breaks up with her, and his parents sit him down and call him an idiot and a dumbass. Eric doesn't want Donna to settle for anything in life, so he leaves before the wedding (Donna was having second thoughts, too) and all of that fell on his shoulders. Eric is constantly being made fun of and nobody seems to think he's worthy of someone as great as Donna. That's mostly how Eric is constantly being dumped on.

Old 05-03-2006, 04:04 PM
Master Fan

Well said Annie.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasman
Yeah but I guess I was thinking more to the episode before that and how I was at Donna's behavior, he might have blown the ring out of proportion but they were having problems before that, my least favorite episode of the whole show I guess is Backstage pass. But this isn't an E/D debate thread.

But I also agree with Annie, well said.
Ria
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top