Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2012, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
The letter was just dumb, and a really lame idea. I could not see Eric doing that at all.
It's not Eric's character.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Definately not his character, not that any of them were in character that season.
I am an original”
Old 06-09-2012, 02:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night wondering what his reason for breaking up over a letter cud be ....

And then I have to tell myself ..its fiction, its a sitcom ....

But, seriously, even fanfic somehow has mostly not answered that question ...i read one fanfic that was written years ago , which mite be the only one that tried addressing why an in character eric may have written that letter,,,,the story goes onto say that he was in a situation where there was some serious riots or terrorist attacks or something of that sort going on ...and he didn't want donna to live forever just with his memory if something happened to him ....so it went kinda like he wanted to set her free to move on before something happened to him. :-(

stupid S7 and S8writers....
Old 06-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Master Fan

At least they ended up together.
icon
Old 06-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Someone posted a new Eric & Donna tribute video ( at least I think it's new) ....on utube....it has a sweet collection of clips.....

Eric & Donna- These are the Moments - YouTube

this one is my all time favourite, love the song

That '70s Show: Eric and Donna - YouTube

Old 06-09-2012, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think that Donna in a way did expect her relationship with Casey to be like her relationship with Eric but that she and Casey were both in really different places and it became obvious that Casey and Donna were a lot like Kelso and Jackie. I think that Donna wanted Casey to be something that he just wasn't and never was going to be and that even Kelso knew that his brother was going to break Donna's eventually and it seemed to me that everyone knew this but Donna and that Eric really didn't want to see Donna get hurt. I think that Eric learned that he and Donna can have their own lives and interests separate from each other and this was also why Eric wouldn't ask Donna to stay home from college for him because I think that he felt that he was taking an opportunity away from her. I think that Eric was there for Donna even after they broke up and that they didn't break up because their love for each other went away or either of them cheated, I think that Eric really does respect the relationship that he and Donna have and that they both saw how painful it was for Jackie when Kelso cheated on her to the point where Jackie promised herself that she wouldn't date a guy who cheated on her and so I wasn't surprised that Jackie wouldn't take Hyde back. I thought that Donna was bored during Season 8 without Eric and I really wish that she would've been made a recurring character because it was obvious that she still loved Eric even after that odd break up by letter or better yet let Eric and Donna get married and let us watch a young married couple deal with setting up their own home and life together.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Old 06-09-2012, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

HFF, season 8 shouldn't have existed, period.

TD, I've seen the two you posted. E/D really did have a sweet relationship (the majority of the time). And any E/D fanvid that uses "Thirteen" by Big Star can get me a little teary. Yes, I do have for this 'ship.

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 03-17-2015 at 06:11 PM
Old 06-10-2012, 12:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really did like Eric and Donna's relationship. Even though I am an avid Jackie/Hyde fan forever, I still do love Eric and Donna and thought they had a cute relationship.
I am an original”
Old 06-10-2012, 01:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

Lisa, just saw ur fanvid ....loved it, got a bit teary eyed too , the first half was so angsty and the second half had so many of my favourite smooch moments ....LOVELY !!...Is it also available on you tube ?

There really is no end to ur talent....

Anyway, Msstock, HFF, Lisa, Jess, Kraz and ppl viewing the thread ...as I said in the zen thread last nite , Im toying with the idea of doing a similar hot/saucy video of E/D ( pls look at the one posted yday on the J/H thread to get what I'm going for here)- I dont want to try and make something sexy and end up something that many of you find creepy tho ...so pls can u come up with suggestions ..like for the music and stuff ....

I'm going to read up via google today on how to make a video cos I aint got a clue but am hoping to learn and try making the video next week ....

Okay so last nite , I was thinking of ideas for the music ...what do you guys think of

Christina A's Genie in a bottle ....I thought it kinda fit for DOnna making Eric wait and wait to 'do it' and that i cud use lots of clips from the first couple of seasons ...and maybe some from S6 when she made him wait again
Although this number is a fast beat and ideally I want something slow like the J/H one .....
Christina Aguilera - Genie In A Bottle - YouTube

Hmm, there is also this other one by Christina , that is v.hot but I'm worried its kinda sleazy as well ? so it's an option but not a likely one .....it has a few spanking references that made me think I cud use the schoolgirl theme with Donna in her catholic uniform ( remember Eric saying 'dont make me get the ruler young lady' ) .....I'm not sure if it's a very thin line between sexy and sleazy/disgusting tho if I use this one .....
edit -* okay I'v actually removed the video link here, after having decided it really is much more sleazy than it originally seemed ...for those who are curious the song was by Christina Aguilera called 'nasty naughty boy' ..a lil too nasty I think ....back to the drawing board

Last edited by topher's_Diva; 06-10-2012 at 04:22 AM
Old 06-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
I really did like Eric and Donna's relationship. Even though I am an avid Jackie/Hyde fan forever, I still do love Eric and Donna and thought they had a cute relationship.

Thank you, TD!

As for all your fanvid Qs... I don't have any advice for the content. The concept isn't my thing. I don't like manipulating the characters into something they're not, but that's me. And the choice of music is a very individual thing.

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 03-17-2015 at 06:13 PM
Old 06-10-2012, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think that Season 8 with a even a few changes would've been better than what we actually saw. For example as someone else here wrote let Eric go to school in Madison and since the writers always made such a big deal about Eric not being good enough for Donna I think it would've been a good idea to let Eric be off working really hard in school and then have Donna come back from Madison on weekends and she would've also become a recurring character like Kelso was in Season 8.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 03-17-2015 at 06:15 PM
Old 06-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hey, Misty ...thanks.

I think I will try and do a couple of fanvids of E/D , even if I cant put it up on youtube, maybe I cud enter it for the music vids competition on ff , or something.

Re the concept involving manipulating the characters into something they're not ...did u think that was the case with the J/H fanvid in question ....actually I really just want to make a fan E/D music vid , ...I only was inspired by the Jem one to use slow mo effects , close ups of their face etc ....i guess i liked some of the tehnical aspects of that vid .....not sure why that particular style wud be taking away from the true essence of the characters .....any feedback wud be gud. thanks.

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 03-17-2015 at 06:15 PM
Old 06-13-2012, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh! I didn't see the last post here.

I do think J/H were manipulated into OOC-ness in the above fanvid. Too overtly sexual. The first half of their relationship (S1-S3) had very little (if anything) to do with sexual attraction. Jackie was emotionally attracted to Hyde, and Hyde's strongest feeling toward Jackie seemed to be protectiveness.

This isn't the Zen thread, so that'll all I say about it here.

The foundation of Eric and Donna's relationship was a deep sense of trust along with playfulness. Their sexual attraction to each other was only one of many aspects to them (same as with J/H).

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 03-17-2015 at 06:14 PM
Old 06-15-2012, 08:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

I have my very first E/D fan vid kind of ready now ....i still have a few days before the deadline for the music video contest on ff, so any feedback wud be useful, though i dont think i am going to have much time next week ...

Lisa , thanks so much for all ur feedback on my messages .....this video shud have a credit tag that says , thanks for the tips Misty mountain hop :-).....and of course a dedication to the awesome Topher Grace who was my inspiration to make the vid.

Eric and Donna forever - hope all shippers enjoy this vid

TOPHER GRACE LAURA PREPON an Eric & Donna video.wmv - YouTube

Old 06-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Very nice fanvid, TD! I like the edition of Eric dancing. Like I said, it's nice to see E/D get the same treatment as J/H.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top