Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2017, 11:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

I always thought it would have been cute to see them on their motorcycle again.
I am an original”
Old 01-22-2017, 05:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
I always thought it would have been cute to see them on their motorcycle again.
Yes!
Old 01-22-2017, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

There should've been an episode where Hyde tried to take it out for a joyride. Red would've grounded him for a year ... and Hyde would've sneaked out of the house during that year (maybe on the motorcycle ).
Old 01-22-2017, 11:33 AM
Obsessed Fan

I was looking for any As the World Turns clips, but couldn't find any (:/), but I DID find her in this very old commercial!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ireCVK9JE8Y

And here's an interview of her playing Dr. Ruth, a sex therapist, in a play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-awK-Yy9D38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Aww!

Yes! T7S gives Red and Kitty a life of their own, goals beyond the kids, etc. They have chemistry together, and during S1-S4, they aren't a cliche TV married couple but have the hots for each other. Red has eyes for only Kitty and doesn't complain about having married her. She's very obviously the only woman for him, and he's happy with her. In fact, he says once she's the only person he actually likes in the world. And Kitty is a strong woman who sometimes needs support in that strength (cue: Donna, Joanne, etc. who are also strong women).

I'd love to see a clip of that.

Her laugh definitely enhances a scene.

Do you sound anything like her?
Yesss. ^^ Even though they can clash every so often (what married couple doesn't?), it isn't the cliche grumpy, drunken dad who runs around on his wife/mistreats her trope that I can't stand. They've made him grumpy with a (hidden) heart of gold, and he puts his wife first. I always liked when he made people apologize to Kitty for hurting her feelings. :3 And LOL, I think I remember that line! I'm very slowly re-watching. I'll hopefully get to the end of S2 tonight.

Haha no, I don't sound like her, though I might be able to if I tried. x3

Stalk me:
My YouTube My Tumblr My AO3 My FanFiction.Net My Author Instagram
Old 01-23-2017, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the links, Kendra! The commercial -- . I bet the script for DBJ's part consisted of: "MOM enters through the front door with a slightly astonished expression on her face." Maybe it was written on a tiny slip of paper, the kind that come in fortune cookies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendra Luehr (View Post)
They've made him grumpy with a (hidden) heart of gold, and he puts his wife first.
Yes. I wish that Red had stayed post-S4. But I'm glad we got him for four seasons (and for scattered eps during the later seasons).

Quote:
I always liked when he made people apologize to Kitty for hurting her feelings.
Usually Eric.

Quote:
Haha no, I don't sound like her, though I might be able to if I tried. x3
Practice, Kendra! You'll get it down.
Old 01-23-2017, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
There should've been an episode where Hyde tried to take it out for a joyride. Red would've grounded him for a year ... and Hyde would've sneaked out of the house during that year (maybe on the motorcycle ).
Haha, that could have been interesting to see.
I am an original”
Old 01-24-2017, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Haha, that could have been interesting to see.
How much fun would that have been? Better than the B.S. breakups we got in S7. And Red and Kitty could've gotten a storyline that didn't mess with their characterzations.
Old 01-24-2017, 11:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

See, we could be the writers!
I am an original”
Old 01-25-2017, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
See, we could be the writers!
Where did Kelso put that time machine?

Also, the brain ray where we could, er, encourage our hiring as showrunners/head writers?

---

I like Kitty's menopause storyline. I just would've liked Red to be a little more sympathetic during it. He has good moments, but this storyline is when he begins to turn into a cliche TV husband who' feels burdened by being married. It's not like Kitty hasn't put up with Red's moods for twenty-five years.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Thank you for the links, Kendra! The commercial -- . I bet the script for DBJ's part consisted of: "MOM enters through the front door with a slightly astonished expression on her face." Maybe it was written on a tiny slip of paper, the kind that come in fortune cookies.

Yes. I wish that Red had stayed post-S4. But I'm glad we got him for four seasons (and for scattered eps during the later seasons).

Usually Eric.

Practice, Kendra! You'll get it down.
LOL More than likely! It's funny how so many 80s (I think that was from the 80s??) commercials are goofy/weird like that. The actor Bryan Cranston started off with weird commercials, too...I think he was dressed up as a skunk? So I guess DJR had to start somewhere!

Oh gosh, I don't remember Red becoming a sporadic character! I wonder why I don't?? Cuz he's one of my faves. Admittedly, they've ALL been my favorite at one point and time, so that doesn't really say much, lol.

Yes, usually Eric. But he's made a few strangers/recurring characters apologize to her too, which was nice.

That'd be hard to explain to anyone who might overhear the "practice."

Stalk me:
Old 01-25-2017, 09:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Admittedly, they've ALL been my favorite at one point and time, so that doesn't really say much, lol.
I'm sure Red would be thrilled to know he also got his fifteen minutes of love from you.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
LOL More than likely! It's funny how so many 80s (I think that was from the 80s??) commercials are goofy/weird like that. The actor Bryan Cranston started off with weird commercials, too...I think he was dressed up as a skunk? So I guess DJR had to start somewhere!
I enjoy seeing those older commercials. They're interesting. MK and DM were in commercials, too, when they were little kids.

Quote:
Oh gosh, I don't remember Red becoming a sporadic character! I wonder why I don't?? Cuz he's one of my faves. Admittedly, they've ALL been my favorite at one point and time, so that doesn't really say much, lol.
Oh, Red got plenty of screen time throughout the series. His character just devolved from complex to cliche.

But , Lulu!

Quote:
Yes, usually Eric. But he's made a few strangers/recurring characters apologize to her too, which was nice.
Red being protective of -- and demanding respect for -- Kitty is .

Quote:
That'd be hard to explain to anyone who might overhear the "practice."
You could say you joined an acting class.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I enjoy seeing those older commercials. They're interesting. MK and DM were in commercials, too, when they were little kids.

Oh, Red got plenty of screen time throughout the series. His character just devolved from complex to cliche.

But , Lulu!

Red being protective of -- and demanding respect for -- Kitty is .

You could say you joined an acting class.
Really? Aww. <3 I think I've seen DM in commercials (or maybe it was his brother, I can't remember which ), but definitely not MK.

Ohh, I see what you're saying. Sometimes it's almost better to have less screen time when they ruin your character. :/ I always wonder how actors feel since they have very little say in their character's development, because it IS a job, and to speak out against the writers could get them fired/have their career ruined. Was it S8 that his character devolved, or before that?

LOL I guess I could! xD I have a weird laugh that I use for sarcasm (hard to explain xP), but I've noticed that it's slowly starting to evolve into Kitty's laugh. lol

Stalk me:
Old 01-27-2017, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Really? Aww. <3 I think I've seen DM in commercials (or maybe it was his brother, I can't remember which ), but definitely not MK.
The two DM commercials I've seen were for orange juice and zit cream. MK's commercials were for Barbie and Lisa Frank (stickers and such). I'll link them in the Jackie/MK thread.

Quote:
I always wonder how actors feel since they have very little say in their character's development, because it IS a job, and to speak out against the writers could get them fired/have their career ruined.
Depends on the show and the character's popularity, I think. If the show would fall apart without a certain character, I think that'd give the actor some power. DM and David Trainer (T7S's director) used to go over the scripts to make sure Hyde didn't express his emotions too directly because Hyde is all about the subtext. They'd change any line they thought was too direct or sappy. But none of the actors had a say over actual story arcs.

It makes me wonder if they added, "Wanna hear something sick?" to this line of Hyde's "Magic Bus" (6x03): "Wanna hear something sick? I actually missed you calling me Puddin' Pop." One would have to get a copy of the shooting scripts to see what they changed.

Quote:
Was it S8 that his character devolved, or before that?
Long before that, unfortunately. It began midway through season 5, got worse through season 6, and took strong hold in season 7.

Quote:
LOL I guess I could! xD I have a weird laugh that I use for sarcasm (hard to explain xP), but I've noticed that it's slowly starting to evolve into Kitty's laugh. lol
Oh, man -- you're gonna end up making people laugh when you're being sarcastic.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

The Formans

Stalk me:
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top