Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2020, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ughh I am sorry that happened Lisa! That’s always a pain.

Thanks for all the support everyone. Matt seems to be doing better today. He had some mood changes today and yesterday had some confusion and slurred speech but the doctor said that would be normal for a couple of days. He overall seems to be doing okay.
I am an original”
Old 03-16-2020, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you, Colleen. The timing couldn't be better. But since we're basically all on lock-down anyway, I've decided to look at getting my laptop up and running as a project.

What happened to Matt also had "great" timing. I'm relieved that his symptoms are considered normal, but it's probably disconcerting to witness, and the whole thing must be tough on him. May his recovery move swiftly.
Old 03-16-2020, 08:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
My laptop hard drive is basically dead. *too many appropriate emoticons go here*
Ugh, still annoyed it just went and died on you. How dare it?!
Old 03-16-2020, 09:22 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hope you're all safe
Old 03-16-2020, 09:38 AM
Master Fan

I'm off work this week due to sickness, so I'm safe and sound. ALL the social distancing.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Thank you, Colleen. The timing couldn't be better. But since we're basically all on lock-down anyway, I've decided to look at getting my laptop up and running as a project.

What happened to Matt also had "great" timing. I'm relieved that his symptoms are considered normal, but it's probably disconcerting to witness, and the whole thing must be tough on him. May his recovery move swiftly.
Thanks. He is back at work today. His work has not closed down but who knows if it will. My livelihood is on pause at the moment. Stay safe everyone!
I am an original”
Old 03-16-2020, 12:34 PM
Master Fan

That really sucks, Lisa. I’m sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishik5 (View Post)
Hope you're all safe
I hope you’re staying safe as well Dasha!
Old 03-16-2020, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazzhopper (View Post)
I'm off work this week due to sickness, so I'm safe and sound. ALL the social distancing.
Good luck
Old 03-17-2020, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Ugh, still annoyed it just went and died on you. How dare it?!
Thank you, Lulu. The ol' girl (hard drive) lasted seven or eight years of continual use. I wish I could've gotten a few more years out of her, but ... alas.

Quote:
You know that expression, "I wouldn't touch you with a ten-foot pole"? I think we're there. Also, makes me think of the scene in "Jackie's Cheese Squeeze" where Eric's ordering Jackie around, and he tells her to scratch his back, and she does it with some kind of kitchen utensil. There's a similar scene on 30 Rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishik5 (View Post)
Hope you're all safe
I hope you are, too, Dasha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
Thanks. He is back at work today. His work has not closed down but who knows if it will. My livelihood is on pause at the moment. Stay safe everyone!
Give my best to Matt, Colleen. He's really doing the best he can, given everything. Does his workplace have personal-distancing and cleanliness protocols in place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyak0807 (View Post)
That really sucks, Lisa. I’m sorry.
Thank you, Kayla. It does suck. But it could be/could've been worse.
Old 03-18-2020, 04:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Thank you, Lulu. The ol' girl (hard drive) lasted seven or eight years of continual use. I wish I could've gotten a few more years out of her, but ... alas.

Wednesday has been reached, the weekend is only getting nearer.
Old 03-18-2020, 06:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Wednesday has been reached, the weekend is only getting nearer.
Does it really matter? Most of us aren’t working or going to school at the moment anyway...
Old 03-18-2020, 07:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Does it really matter? Most of us aren’t working or going to school at the moment anyway...
I was thinking the same thing.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:32 AM
Master Fan

I just realized that I have the opportunity to binge watch some the TV shows and movies I’m always complaining I never have time to watch. Anyone have recommendations? Preferably something I can locate easily on one of the many streaming services we have these days.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I just realized that I have the opportunity to binge watch some the TV shows and movies I’m always complaining I never have time to watch. Anyone have recommendations? Preferably something I can locate easily on one of the many streaming services we have these days.
Depends on what you're looking for, Kayla.

Lost In Space (Netflix). Family sci-fi drama with great characters and an interesting overarching story.

What We Do in the Shadows (Hulu). Hilarious vampire comedy. The TV show, not the movie -- although the movie is good, too; the show is almost like The Office but vampires.

Doc Martin is one of my faves right now, about a brilliant, blunt surgeon with few social skills who's forced -- due to a blood phobia -- to work as a general practice doctor in a small port town. He also has a good heart, and -- I don't want to spoil. It's quite a funny show with quirky characters = Acorn TV (it's a channel you might have on cable, but you can also pay for the eps on Amazon without getting the channel (though you can get Acorn TV on Amazon, too).

Norah from Queens (Comedy Central). Funny, quirky comedy.

Superstore (NBC, Hulu). Comedy like The Office and Parks & Recreation but set in a store like K-Mart.

30 Rock (Hulu). A slightly older comedy, but if you haven't watched it ... you're in for a treat. It starts to hit its stride in season 2, but season 1 is still good.

Great News (Netflix). Comedy. Follows a morning-show producer name Katie whose mother ends up interning at her network/show. Lots of quirky characters and fun to watch.

Fosse/Verdon (Hulu, Amazon). A brilliantly-acted mini-series about the choreographer/director Bob Fosse and choreographer/dancer Gwen Verdon.

The Circle (Netflix). Reality competition show that's surprisingly addictive.

Psych (Amazon Prime). A slightly older comedy mystery series. A lot of fun.

That's what I got off the top of my head. If you tell us what kind of shows you're looking for, maybe I can come up with more.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I thought about that when writing it too, but figured that I needed something to go in the post.
Quote:
I'll second what Lisa said, maybe you could narrow down what you're looking for a bit more. She made some great suggestions though.