Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2020, 06:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

Well, i guess it really is for the better right now People finally came to their senses. Most of them, at least.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Dasha, I'm sorry you're bored. Cabin fever is real. Sleeping more (or wanting to) is one of the symptoms.

Kayla, do you consider staring at a screen all day a vacation, though?

Colleen, thank you! Right now, I'm reinstalling my programs.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm trying to keep mysel occupied The weather we have now also kills any desire to go outside. If three days ago it was +16 °C, now it's barely -2 °C and snowing all over the place.
Old 04-01-2020, 01:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishik5 (View Post)
Well, i guess it really is for the better right now People finally came to their senses. Most of them, at least.
There will always be idiots, sadly. But it does seem like a lot of people are finally getting it.
Quote:
The weather we have now also kills any desire to go outside. If three days ago it was +16 °C, now it's barely -2 °C and snowing all over the place.
We had a similar drop, thankfully not quite as much as below zero at least during the day. It did snow a bit though, none of it remained on the ground though.
Old 04-01-2020, 03:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Certainly glad they are
Old 04-01-2020, 05:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Kayla, do you consider staring at a screen all day a vacation, though?
Me? No. But I’m sure people who are addicted to playing video games, watching stupid videos on YouTube and TV all day do consider it a vacation... I really hope none of you fall in that group.

Hang in there guys!
Old 04-01-2020, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm trying to keep mysel occupied The weather we have now also kills any desire to go outside. If three days ago it was +16 °C, now it's barely -2 °C and snowing all over the place.
Whoa. Late winter! The temperature where I am is definitely colder than it was a month ago, too.

You could have a one-person snowball fight, Dasha.

Kayla, for me, having time to read a good book (or several) gives me a nice mental vacation.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:34 AM
Obsessed Fan

If winter came when it was actually a winter, though... would've been so much nicer!

Quote:
You could have a one-person snowball fight, Dasha.
I think i'll pass
Old 04-01-2020, 07:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
If winter came when it was actually a winter, though... would've been so much nicer!
Agreed.

Quote:
I think i'll pass
You could build yourself a snowman friend?
Old 04-01-2020, 07:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyak0807 (View Post)
But I’m sure people who are addicted to playing video games, watching stupid videos on YouTube and TV all day do consider it a vacation... I really hope none of you fall in that group.
Old 04-01-2020, 01:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Agreed.
You could build yourself a snowman friend?
Not enough snow Maybe i can bake myself a cake friend?

Quote:
Kayla, for me, having time to read a good book (or several) gives me a nice mental vacation.
What kinds of books do you love, Lisa? This is always my favorite question to ask
Old 04-01-2020, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Laptop Update: The repairs, program installations, and file migration are complete! I'm typing this post on my laptop, in fact. So far, it seems stable. I won't know for 100% sure until I use it the way I did before it broke. But I have hope (and so far, so good). Thank you all for your supportive messages!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazzhopper (View Post)
I was wondering how you'd reply.

Quote:
Not enough snow Maybe i can bake myself a cake friend?
Baking is even better! Except you're gonna end up eating your friend ... which has implications better left to sages and philosophers.

Quote:
What kinds of books do you love, Lisa? This is always my favorite question to ask
Aw. Non-fiction, I enjoy autobiographies of people I'm interested in. I also love books that give behind-the-scenes info about my favorite shows and movies. Right now, I'm reading one that just came out about The Office, and it's so relaxing and fun.

I like books that dive deep into subjects I want to learn about, like Commedia dell'arte or history or mythology.

Fiction, I enjoy YA of different kinds -- generally speculative fiction, but I like a good, well-characterized romance, too, and contemporary YA with or without a romantic element. I enjoy adult speculative books, too, and non-spec adult fiction if the story, characters, and writing style/voice are to my liking.

I don't tend to read a mysteries, thrillers, or horror -- but some of the books I do read have elements of that.

I feel like I've asked you this before, Dasha, but what books do you enjoy reading?
Old 04-02-2020, 12:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ That's great to here
Old 04-02-2020, 05:58 AM
Master Fan

Glad you’re laptop is working, Lisa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazzhopper (View Post)
Lulu... Well, I hope you’re enjoying your vacation. Please tell me you don’t watch people on YouTube playing video games... My nephews do that. I do not understand it. Why watch someone play the game when you could just play it yourself? I don’t understand the obsession of YouTube in general. I’m such an old soul.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
^ That's great to here
Thank you, Sam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyak0807 (View Post)
Glad you’re laptop is working, Lisa!
Thank you, too, Kayla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Lulu... Well, I hope you’re enjoying your vacation. Please tell me you don’t watch people on YouTube playing video games... My nephews do that. I do not understand it. Why watch someone play the game when you could just play it yourself? I don’t understand the obsession of YouTube in general. I’m such an old soul.
Oh, boy ...