Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2020, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkyfan2018 (View Post)
Does anyone have any of the original FOX broadcasts of That '70s Show with the original music or know where I can find them? I've been looking for them but I can't find any clips online.
If anyone does, they can't say so here. It's against policy.

From Official Fan Forum Rules and Guidelines:

Quote:
Direct links to illegal television episode or music download websites are not permitted. The purpose of threads for television shows or music from those shows is to discuss those shows or that music, and they’re not meant to be used as a means to illegally download television episodes or songs.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

Mod Edit: See my above post.

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 03-30-2020 at 06:07 AM Reason: Keeping Post within Fan Forum Rules
Old 03-30-2020, 10:32 AM
New Fan

Research question for my rewrite project: thanks to this thread, I've learned about most of the original music used in Season 4, and I've been able to track down confirmation on which scenes and context the songs were used in.

I've hit a bit of a snag on that with "Tornado Prom." Does anyone here know the context in which the songs from that episode were used? In other words, which songs went in which scenes?
Old 03-30-2020, 02:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen3to5 (View Post)
Research question for my rewrite project: thanks to this thread, I've learned about most of the original music used in Season 4, and I've been able to track down confirmation on which scenes and context the songs were used in.

I've hit a bit of a snag on that with "Tornado Prom." Does anyone here know the context in which the songs from that episode were used? In other words, which songs went in which scenes?
Take a Chance on Me played during the prom scene, Ridin' the Storm Out played during the scene where Eric drives ahead of the tornado, Still the One plays during the circle scene with Donna and Eric talking to the cardboard cutouts, and Feels Like The First Time plays during the circle scene with Hyde, Jackie, Kelso, and the coach
Old 03-30-2020, 04:15 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacemanDoug (View Post)
Take a Chance on Me played during the prom scene, Ridin' the Storm Out played during the scene where Eric drives ahead of the tornado, Still the One plays during the circle scene with Donna and Eric talking to the cardboard cutouts, and Feels Like The First Time plays during the circle scene with Hyde, Jackie, Kelso, and the coach
Thanks!

Does "Take a Chance on Me" play in the prom scene where Eric realizes he forgot Donna, or the one where Kelso and Jackie get their titles?
Old 03-30-2020, 04:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Thanks!

Does "Take a Chance on Me" play in the prom scene where Eric realizes he forgot Donna, or the one where Kelso and Jackie get their titles?
where they get their titles, it plays in the background before the announcement that there's a tornado warning
Old 04-06-2020, 05:02 PM
New Fan

My fury at the rewatch of Season 6 potentially expanding the scope of my rewrite project, I've started doing some research on certain episodes from there. Would anyone know of any music tracks originally on "Who Are You" that aren't in syndication?
Old 04-06-2020, 08:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
My fury at the rewatch of Season 6 potentially expanding the scope of my rewrite project, I've started doing some research on certain episodes from there. Would anyone know of any music tracks originally on "Who Are You" that aren't in syndication?
just checked the FOX broadcast rip I have, this was an episode that aired with no music
Old 04-07-2020, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
just checked the FOX broadcast rip I have, this was an episode that aired with no music
Wow. No songs, you mean? But it did have the music cues composed for the show, though, right?
Old 04-08-2020, 10:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Wow. No songs, you mean? But it did have the music cues composed for the show, though, right?
yes actually it did have music composed for the show, but no actual "real" music was in the episode, usage of real songs began to decrease around the second half of season 5, until finally season 8 stopped all together with the exception of the finale

starting around the second half of season 5, they started mostly just using brief sound bytes of music for some of the scene transitions only, with only on rare occasions using a song for the backgrounds, this continued until the end of season 7, season 8 stopped with this all together though the finale featured three songs (one of them omitted on home video unfortunately)
Old 04-09-2020, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
yes actually it did have music composed for the show, but no actual "real" music was in the episode, usage of real songs began to decrease around the second half of season 5, until finally season 8 stopped all together with the exception of the finale
Huh. That's interesting. I guess they did it to save money.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Huh. That's interesting. I guess they did it to save money.
here's the theory I heard, FOX themselves made a deal with a few record companies so the show could use what music they wanted to an extent, however it was decided to not retain said cues for home video or syndication. Hell even international airings had the altered cues, though interestingly enough starting with season 3, the Canadian channel Global getting episodes with the original cues intact.

Last edited by SpacemanDoug; 04-09-2020 at 09:09 PM
Old 04-10-2020, 06:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
here's the theory I heard, FOX themselves made a deal with a few record companies so the show could use what music they wanted to an extent, however it was decided to not retain said cues for home video or syndication.
I heard the last part, too.

Quote:
starting with season 3, the Canadian channel Global getting episodes with the original cues intact.
That's bizarre. 🤔
Old 04-10-2020, 10:45 AM
New Fan

Quote:
starting around the second half of season 5, they started mostly just using brief sound bytes of music for some of the scene transitions only, with only on rare occasions using a song for the backgrounds, this continued until the end of season 7, season 8 stopped with this all together though the finale featured three songs (one of them omitted on home video unfortunately)
Were any of those rare occasions in "Man With Money," "Substitute," or "Squeeze Box?" I know "Substitute" has a few songs still in the soundtrack even in syndication, but I've no idea about the other two.
Old 04-11-2020, 01:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Were any of those rare occasions in "Man With Money," "Substitute," or "Squeeze Box?" I know "Substitute" has a few songs still in the soundtrack even in syndication, but I've no idea about the other two.
Substitute was an anomaly, for some reason they actually did decide to retain the original cues in that episode for home video and syndication. Man with Money was another episode that didn't have any "real" music when it originally aired. Squeezebox did have songs that aired with it originally but like almost all others those cues are taken out in current releases.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top