Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2016, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendra Luehr (View Post)
Must've been! But once I hit my mid-20's, I got super nostalgic, so I started watching stuff from my childhood. And since I was finally in an apartment/with a good connection, I was able to stream/bingewatch like most people (I don't live there anymore). I live in the boonies, so our connection's pretty much crap.
Bleh. That sucks. At least you were able to binge-watch stuff while you could.

Quote:
Also, I just finished 1x21 "Watch Tower," and you're right about the Jackie/Kelso moment being a riff the show created, because while Donna was telling Eric about her parents having sex, I noticed that the car radio was playing the exact same guitar riff I'd asked about earlier. It's still kind of disappointing though, cuz I really wish it was a real song!
Ah. There we go. I wonder if that was a different song during the original airing (probably was).
Old 12-16-2016, 11:38 AM
New Fan

who knows this Song, please?

Hi
I'm looking for this Song played in at least Three Circles.

With headphones you hear it better...it's just in the Background

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EkHR5O4kBsc

I just can't find it
Old 12-17-2016, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That music really is low in volume. But I think it's music written specifically for the show. It sounds similar to other music written for the show.

Maybe someone else here will have a different opinion/take on it, but that's what I got.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, I unfortunately can't hear the music at all, sorry! My best recommendation is to look through Find Music From TV and Movies - TuneFind, if you haven't already! I've found some of the songs that way. Though they never listed "Baby Come Back" by Player. I had to listen to the lyrics and look that up myself. They used that song at least three times in the show, which is why I was surprised it was never listed.

Stalk me:
My YouTube My Tumblr My AO3 My FanFiction.Net My Author Instagram
Old 01-21-2017, 11:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm assuming it's just something the show composers made up, but I liked the guitar chords on that silly, ridiculous song that Leo and the pastor sang at the end of "Holy Crap!" The chords weren't based on an actual song, right? ^^

Stalk me:
Old 01-22-2017, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm assuming it's just something the show composers made up, but I liked the guitar chords on that silly, ridiculous song that Leo and the pastor sang at the end of "Holy Crap!" The chords weren't based on an actual song, right? ^^
I don't recognize the song.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
I don't recognize the song.
Okay, I didn't either. I was hoping that the guitar chords were actually from something established, cuz some of them are neat and I'd like to recreate them. lol

Stalk me:
Old 01-23-2017, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Okay, I didn't either. I was hoping that the guitar chords were actually from something established, cuz some of them are neat and I'd like to recreate them. lol
At least Pastor Dave shouts out the chords.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:31 PM
New Fan

I'm surprized they didn't use "The Fez" by Steely Dan 1976 for one of Fez's scenes, the song is even about, as Fez would say "doing it".

I wonder if the songs that are on the T7S CD soundtracks were included in home video release, or if it's just a completely separate contract? I know they mostly just left songs in that were sung by cast or somehow tied by lable/catalogue to fox.

When they were at the "Todd Rungerment" (as Jackie would say) concert, was his music playing, or was it other stuff? I know they used it for the drive home in the cruser though. Same question about the "Tad Nugent" concert.

There are probably people out there that taped each episode as it aired on their vcr. But it's unlikely that one person has all of them, more likely various people each with a batch & missing as much as they have.
It would be interesting watch them again that way.

I wonder what the purpose was of licensing music just for one airing though. Why not just use scored/studio music from the start?
Old 02-11-2018, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.PP (View Post)
I'm surprized they didn't use "The Fez" by Steely Dan 1976 for one of Fez's scenes, the song is even about, as Fez would say "doing it".
A definite missed opportunity to have a scene among Fez and his friends to talk about that song. Could've gone in several directions.

Quote:
When they were at the "Todd Rungerment" (as Jackie would say) concert, was his music playing, or was it other stuff? I know they used it for the drive home in the cruser though. Same question about the "Tad Nugent" concert.
A list of what songs played during the episode's originally airing can be found in the original post of this thread. According to it, "I Saw the Light" by Todd Rundgren was played as well as "Hello It's Me," which the gang sings at the end of the episode.

Quote:
I wonder what the purpose was of licensing music just for one airing though. Why not just use scored/studio music from the start?
That's a good question. Maybe because back then the idea of re-consumable media was still not a huge thought in show execs' heads -- except in terms of making money off syndication and saving money on music. But the idea that people would rewatch the show seriously (many, many times) and analyze it all over social media for many years probably didn't cross their minds. T7S was likely disposable entertainment to them. So the first viewing was the most important (advertisers and all). Hence, paying for those songs for a one-time use might bring in more ad revenue as fans talked about the show and convinced others to give it a look.

But the expense to license most of the original songs for syndication would've added up to hundreds of thousands of dollars (if not more) over the course of 200 episodes.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:52 PM
New Fan

One recurring musical cues for the scenes transitions has a sound alike for the chorus of "come on come on" by Cheap Trick. Maybe there was some connection since they modified the "in the street" intro later.

I wonder if any of the other transition music cues were variations on specific songs?
Old 02-12-2018, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
One recurring musical cues for the scenes transitions has a sound alike for the chorus of "come on come on" by Cheap Trick.
I totally hear that.

Quote:
I wonder if any of the other transition music cues were variations on specific songs?
Parts of a soundalike of Led Zeppelin's "The Rain Song," which was used originally, I believe, in "Fez Gets the Girl" (3x12) during the Led Zeppelin concert.

The show's original music composer did a good job of capture the '70s rock sound of a variety of bands, like Deep Purple and Rush.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Does anyone have any ways of getting the entirety of seasons 1, 2, 3, and 5 in the original FOX airings? Because I found chunks of every season (except for 2) and I've been restoring the original songs with HD versions of the episodes. So if anyone has access or if you know someone who does, please let me know here
Old 10-04-2018, 05:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacemanDoug (View Post)
Does anyone have any ways of getting the entirety of seasons 1, 2, 3, and 5 in the original FOX airings? Because I found chunks of every season (except for 2) and I've been restoring the original songs with HD versions of the episodes. So if anyone has access or if you know someone who does, please let me know here
Hi, there. We don't have access to recordings of the original airings of T7S. And even if we did, we couldn't share them here since it would be illegal.

Would've been awesome if the eps in syndication and on DVD, etc. had the original music for the eps. But it's understandable why TPTB didn't do it, considering how much it would have cost.
Old 10-06-2018, 07:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Hi, there. We don't have access to recordings of the original airings of T7S. And even if we did, we couldn't share them here since it would be illegal.

Would've been awesome if the eps in syndication and on DVD, etc. had the original music for the eps. But it's understandable why TPTB didn't do it, considering how much it would have cost.
the music edits I can actually understand, the edits I don't understand though came from the first season, the flower that you see in current syndicated and home media versions wasn't present in the original airings, instead it was a yellow smiley button that honestly is much more fitting for the 70s feel of the show, and I don't understand why it was omitted (also btw, I discovered it wasn't for only one airing, very early airings of the episodes had the original music but when it entered syndication in 2001 was when the edits started surfacing)