Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2015, 10:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

It would have been cool to see for other episodes!
I am an original”
Old 02-06-2015, 11:25 AM
New Fan

Does anyone know name of the song that they use during the scene where Donna kicks Eric in the face while swinging on the strip pole?

It's on the season 3 episode 7 "Baby Fever" I can't find the song and shazam can't recognize it. It's a pretty cool song. Can anyone help??
Old 02-06-2015, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm pretty sure that's '70s-style funk music created specifically for the show. It sounds like a cousin to the Shaft theme.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hello, everyone! I'm not sure if this thread is active anymore, but I've been rewatching the show, and I just finished 1x14, "Stolen Car." I can't find the song Jackie plays on the radio anywhere (and of course there aren't any lyrics! I had the same issue with another song that I later on determined to be Big Star's "I'm in Love with a Girl"). I've exhausted all my Google options. :/ Here's the clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioWUuQyaatM (it starts at 1:12). Thanks so much for any insight you might have!

Stalk me:
My YouTube My Tumblr My AO3 My FanFiction.Net My Author Instagram
Old 12-01-2016, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendra Luehr (View Post)
Hello, everyone! I'm not sure if this thread is active anymore, but I've been rewatching the show, and I just finished 1x14, "Stolen Car." I can't find the song Jackie plays on the radio anywhere (and of course there aren't any lyrics! I had the same issue with another song that I later on determined to be Big Star's "I'm in Love with a Girl"). I've exhausted all my Google options. :/ Here's the clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioWUuQyaatM (it starts at 1:12). Thanks so much for any insight you might have!
Hi! I watched the clip and listened to the music. I believe that's music composed specifically for the show. It's used in other episodes, too, and it has the same sound (though in a different style) as other music also composed specifically for the show.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Hi! I watched the clip and listened to the music. I believe that's music composed specifically for the show. It's used in other episodes, too, and it has the same sound (though in a different style) as other music also composed specifically for the show.
Oh, really? Well darn, I guess there's no getting that then! I didn't realize that some of the music on the show wasn't just taken from a pre-existing song. I came close to asking my parents if they knew the song lol, so I guess it's a good thing I didn't. Thanks for the info!

Stalk me:
Old 12-02-2016, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Oh, really? Well darn, I guess there's no getting that then! I didn't realize that some of the music on the show wasn't just taken from a pre-existing song. I came close to asking my parents if they knew the song lol, so I guess it's a good thing I didn't. Thanks for the info!
Aww! You're welcome.

Yeah, the show hired good musicians/composers They really captured the sound of different genres of '70s music. For instance, the scene in "Fez Gets the Girl" where Fez and Caroline are at the Led Zeppelin concert, the song playing is clearly
supposed to be Zeppelin's "The Rain Song," but it's a sound alike.

Also, some songs that were in episodes during their original airings were removed for syndication and the DVDs, etc., and replaced with music composed specifically for T7S. All about $$.

The OP of this thread has a list of songs in eps during their original airings. This site has a nice list, too: That '70s Show Music Soundtrack - TuneFind. Neither are complete, however.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:55 PM
Obsessed Fan

Also! If anyone's interested, I turned the Jackie/Kelso music riff into a ringtone available on Zedge. It's called "That 70s Show Cue." I was a little startled to log on and find it had 91 d/ls in only a matter of hours, so at least some people are appreciating such an obscure riff. :3 I also have the T7S guitar riff from the beginning of each episode available as a notification. That's my current one. ^^

Quote:
Aww! You're welcome.

Yeah, the show hired good musicians/composers They really captured the sound of different genres of '70s music. For instance, the scene in "Fez Gets the Girl" where Fez and Caroline are at the Led Zeppelin concert, the song playing is clearly
supposed to be Zeppelin's "The Rain Song," but it's a sound alike.

Also, some songs that were in episodes during their original airings were removed for syndication and the DVDs, etc., and replaced with music composed specifically for T7S. All about $$.

The OP of this thread has a list of songs in eps during their original airings. This site has a nice list, too: That '70s Show Music Soundtrack - TuneFind. Neither are complete, however.
I know that copyright can prevent music being played, and it'd be much cheaper to hire a composer, I'm sure, so that makes sense. I'll be sure to listen when I get to "Fez Gets the Girl" for my second watch through. The best part about re-watching (aside from the show itself, ofc) is to listen more closely for the music. I don't tend to notice that stuff so much the first go-through.

Oh, interesting! I wonder if I'm watching the originally aired ones on watchseries? Probably not, seeing how you can't rip syndicated stuff from the 90s like people can today. I'm thinking about getting the DVDs regardless. ^^

Stalk me:
Old 12-03-2016, 06:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh, interesting! I wonder if I'm watching the originally aired ones on watchseries? Probably not, seeing how you can't rip syndicated stuff from the 90s like people can today.
Yeah, that'd be my guess as well. Probably not the originally aired versions, but the 'updated' ones.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I also have the T7S guitar riff from the beginning of each episode available as a notification. That's my current one. ^^
Cute! Have any of your friends (or anyone) recognized the tune when you get a notifcation?

Quote:
I don't tend to notice that stuff so much the first go-through.
I recently watched the first ep of a different series for a second time, and I caught so much more than I did during my first watch.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:37 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentGrasshopper (View Post)
Yeah, that'd be my guess as well. Probably not the originally aired versions, but the 'updated' ones.
The one I watched had a few words bleeped out, which was interesting since I'm pretty sure Kitty said "whore," yet Fez says "whore" all the time. lol

Quote:
Cute! Have any of your friends (or anyone) recognized the tune when you get a notifcation?

I recently watched the first ep of a different series for a second time, and I caught so much more than I did during my first watch.
One of my friends did kind of a headbanging motion whenever my guitar riff notification came on, but he didn't say anything about it. I'm always kind of hoping someone will so I can talk about the show. I'm very nostalgic lately.

It's weird, cuz sometimes I find I enjoy something I didn't actually like the first time around, except the problem is, if I don't like something, I won't be inclined to watch it again...so I'll never know unless I'm forced to!

Stalk me:
Old 12-06-2016, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The one I watched had a few words bleeped out, which was interesting since I'm pretty sure Kitty said "whore," yet Fez says "whore" all the time. lol
So weird! Fez and Eric say whore all the time.

Quote:
One of my friends did kind of a headbanging motion whenever my guitar riff notification came on, but he didn't say anything about it. I'm always kind of hoping someone will so I can talk about the show. I'm very nostalgic lately.
Aww.

Quote:
It's weird, cuz sometimes I find I enjoy something I didn't actually like the first time around, except the problem is, if I don't like something, I won't be inclined to watch it again...so I'll never know unless I'm forced to!
Did someone force you to watch T7S again?
Old 12-07-2016, 12:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Did someone force you to watch T7S again?
Omigosh no! I've always liked T7S. But when it first came on, I was in 5th grade (I think?) so I was "too young" to watch all of it in syndication. Like, my parents would change the channel any time something came on (like Kelso shouting, "Let's do it!" to Jackie, or Eric getting "hit on" by his cousin lol). I only watched it the whole way through last year, and I'm so glad I did since it was very enjoyable. And now that I'm "fandomless," I'm re-watching it again since I know it's something I really like.

Stalk me:
Old 12-07-2016, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Omigosh no! I've always liked T7S. But when it first came on, I was in 5th grade (I think?) so I was "too young" to watch all of it in syndication. Like, my parents would change the channel any time something came on (like Kelso shouting, "Let's do it!" to Jackie, or Eric getting "hit on" by his cousin lol).
Oh, wow! So watching T7S all the way through must've been something in the back your head for quite a few years.

Quote:
I only watched it the whole way through last year, and I'm so glad I did since it was very enjoyable.
I'm glad you like it.
Old 12-08-2016, 11:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Oh, wow! So watching T7S all the way through must've been something in the back your head for quite a few years.

I'm glad you like it.
Must've been! But once I hit my mid-20's, I got super nostalgic, so I started watching stuff from my childhood. And since I was finally in an apartment/with a good connection, I was able to stream/bingewatch like most people (I don't live there anymore). I live in the boonies, so our connection's pretty much crap.

Also, I just finished 1x21 "Watch Tower," and you're right about the Jackie/Kelso moment being a riff the show created, because while Donna was telling Eric about her parents having sex, I noticed that the car radio was playing the exact same guitar riff I'd asked about earlier. It's still kind of disappointing though, cuz I really wish it was a real song!

Stalk me: