Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2004, 10:24 AM
Master Fan

What? That wasn't a spoiler. I should think revealing who Hyde's father is would be more of a spoiler than me posting two names from a show that has nothing to do with anything. Once again I'm the bad guy.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

i totally agree with PPD, they announced it PUBLICLY what was going on with the show-it's bonafide legal. spoilers are something like what happened at a taping or stuff that leaked out that shouldn't have leaked.

if it wasn't supposed to come out, then it wouldn't be posted on tvguide.com. i think it's fox's or carsey-werner's way of getting people interested-it's a promo not a spoiler.

if they can announce that there's a DVD and it's not a spoiler, than giving a synopsis of the first episode and nothing more seems perfectly fine with me.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Let me make it clear what we consider to be a spoiler. News about anything that’s going to happen on a future episode of a television show is considered to be a spoiler if that episode of the show hasn’t aired yet. Even if something is officially published somewhere about a new episode of a show, it’s considered to be a spoiler if that show hasn’t aired. Some people don’t want to come to a television board like this and read anything about what’s going to happen in a future show, and thus have their enjoyment of the show spoiled, and that’s why we call such information “spoilers,” and that’s why we ask that spoilers only be posted on the Spoilers board.

I fully realize that it’s often difficult to determine what’s considered to be a spoiler, and sometimes decisions concerning what is a spoiler and what isn't a spoiler comes down to judgment calls on the part of the moderators for the message boards here. If you have questions concerning this, please contact one of the moderators of this message board, and please trust their judgment concerning this issue, and don’t take it personally if they edit out a post that they feel contains spoilers, because all they’re doing is trying to enforce the rules and be fair to all the posters here. Thanks.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-29-2004, 05:06 PM
Ultimate Fan

Hi

This seems to be a serious topic on all TV forums not just F4F.

Spoilers are tricky---some people think a spoiler is every nook and cranny of a show--others just think in more traditional meanings like a play-by-play of the script.

Since this forum doesn't have individual threads where you can write SPOILER or use spaces; then follow what Jerry said and use the F4F Spoiler Thread (and which is why I will be avoiding that part of F4F from now until May!) he he

It's a tough call because spoilers mean different things to different people. For instance "Jackie and Hyde blah blah blah" is a spoiler.
If someone mentioned a sweater she wore I wouldn't call that a spoiler unless that outfit was specific to the plot.

Carol

Last edited by Good_Day; 07-29-2004 at 07:29 PM
Old 07-29-2004, 05:11 PM
Master Fan

I still don't understand why my post was targeted. All I did was mention the names of two girls that played in
"Sister Sister" which was a sitcom that also featured Tim Reid. It had nothing to do with a spoiler of any kind. Same old crap as usual I suppose I should be used to it.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:06 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by PPD
I still don't understand why my post was targeted. All I did was mention the names of two girls that played in
"Sister Sister" which was a sitcom that also featured Tim Reid. It had nothing to do with a spoiler of any kind. Same old crap as usual I suppose I should be used to it.
It did have a spoiler. Please PM me with anything else concerning the matter, this is the News thread and I'd like it stay on topic.

Logan: My underbelly is rock-hard. It can go all night.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:53 AM
Ultimate Fan

7th season taping starts today!

I wonder how many F4F'ers are going? I hope everyone that is going has a great time. And feel free to share your meet and greet stories in the actors'/couples threads.

Carol

Last edited by Good_Day; 07-30-2004 at 10:21 AM
Old 08-02-2004, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

BEWARE, KIDS: The conservative family watchdog group Parents Television Council has named the WB drama Everwood the worst TV show for family viewing. Runners-up include Fox's That '70s Show, NBC's Fear Factor and CBS's Cold Case. The Eye net's Joan of Arcadia topped the best list, followed by Doc (Pax), Sue Thomas: F.B. Eye (Pax), Reba (WB) and 7th Heaven (WB). In related news, if anyone knows what the heck Sue Thomas: F.B. Eye is, please let me know.

TVGuide.com

He! Do you think it's because of "Happy Jack?"

Also::

FAMILY WAY: Fox will air two Family Guy mini-marathons opposite NBC's Olympics coverage on Aug. 18 and 25 from 8 to 10 pm/ET, Variety reports. This will mark the first time the show has aired on Fox since the network axed it in 2002. Original episodes of the cult phenom will debut on Fox next year.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:16 AM
Ultimate Fan

A conversative group gets p.o.'d! Love it! ;)

This reminds me of the news article that came out a few years ago from this religious conservative group that even had Little House on the Prairie on their list of "objectional" shows.

All right Happy Jack! I love it when these watchdog groups get riled over nothing.

Carol

Quote:
Originally posted by CreekFreak
BEWARE, KIDS: The conservative family watchdog group Parents Television Council has named the WB drama Everwood the worst TV show for family viewing. Runners-up include Fox's That '70s Show, NBC's Fear Factor and CBS's Cold Case. The Eye net's Joan of Arcadia topped the best list, followed by Doc (Pax), Sue Thomas: F.B. Eye (Pax), Reba (WB) and 7th Heaven (WB). In related news, if anyone knows what the heck Sue Thomas: F.B. Eye is, please let me know.

TVGuide.com

He! Do you think it's because of "Happy Jack?"

Also::

FAMILY WAY: Fox will air two Family Guy mini-marathons opposite NBC's Olympics coverage on Aug. 18 and 25 from 8 to 10 pm/ET, Variety reports. This will mark the first time the show has aired on Fox since the network axed it in 2002. Original episodes of the cult phenom will debut on Fox next year.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by CreekFreak
BEWARE, KIDS: The conservative family watchdog group Parents Television Council has named the WB drama Everwood the worst TV show for family viewing. Runners-up include Fox's That '70s Show, NBC's Fear Factor and CBS's Cold Case.
Best news EVER. I love reading the mail on the PTC's website, some of the folks that write in make me laugh. One woman wouldn't let her 15 year old watch The Simpsons. I'd love it if T7S won. GO Happy Jack!

And Family Guy marathons! Wonder what the PTC has to say to that!

Creek, Sue Thomas: F.B. Eye is about this blind detective named, well, Sue Thomas. Really boring, comes on some random cable channel. Meh.

she keeps coming closer
saying "i can feel it in my bones -
schizophrenia is taking me home"
Old 08-03-2004, 12:51 AM
Ultimate Fan

New thread! =)

Logan: My underbelly is rock-hard. It can go all night.