Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2004, 02:14 AM
Master Fan

My boys--they're so cute!

Is that from "The Best Christmas Ever"? I haven't seen that one.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:19 AM
Master Fan

I never saw that one either...nor Hyde's Christmas Rager. Damnit.

They are just..too..cute.
Old 10-10-2004, 03:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

Re: 22 chapters, wow!

Awesome.

Aww...because I remember Hyde telling Fez, that he had to tell Donna how he felt, because once Forman gave her that ring...well you know the rest.

and even after E/D broke up, Hyde didn't go after Donna. (Ignore the Jackie plotline for a minute, if he really loved Donna, he never would have pursued Jackie, right?)--so Hyde values his friendship with Eric.

"Awww!"

From Yahoo! TV:

Carol

Quote:
Originally posted by Airie75

I never thought it was inconsistency. I always figured it was because he didn't want to mess stuff up with Eric.
Old 10-10-2004, 04:06 AM
Master Fan

I never thought he loved Donna. I thought it was just a crush. And he was thinking, "if I'm gonna make my move, I'm gonna make it before she's really WITH Eric. Because, if not...she's with ERIC. And I can't touch that."

Love the picture!
Old 10-10-2004, 04:09 AM
Ultimate Fan

Hmm

Well, he did learn how to dance for her, but....was it love?

I love discussing their friendship, it's really interesting. The writers should write more stuff for them as friends.

Thanks, I was surfing in Yahoo images and found it.

Carol

Quote:
I never thought he loved Donna. I thought it was just a crush. And he was thinking, "if I'm gonna make my move, I'm gonna make it before she's really WITH Eric. Because, if not...she's with ERIC. And I can't touch that."

Love the picture!
Old 10-10-2004, 04:12 AM
Master Fan

Re: Hmm

Quote:
Originally posted by Good_Day
Well, he did learn how to dance for her, but....was it love? Carol
He learned to dance because he was embarrassed that he couldn't. He didn't develop the crush on her until later that episode.

I thought it was obvious that he suddenly had his surge of emotion while they were dancing.

Which is one reason I was very annoyed by "It's A Wonderful Life"--an episode I just can't like, but anyway. It shows him kissing her in her yard after the Rundgren concert, and I was like "But he didn't LIKE her then!"

I think it was just a crush and he made himself get over it.
Old 10-10-2004, 04:26 AM
Ultimate Fan

Re: Re: Hmm

but the group on D/H said he learned to dance FOR Donna.

That was why he wanted to go to the disco.

I love that episode.

Yeah, I wondered about that part too. Are we to believe that Hyde
did wait for her then?

Well bedtime for me. See ya later.

Carol

Quote:
He learned to dance because he was embarrassed that he couldn't. He didn't develop the crush on her until later that episode.

I thought it was obvious that he suddenly had his surge of emotion while they were dancing.

Which is one reason I was very annoyed by "It's A Wonderful Life"--an episode I just can't like, but anyway. It shows him kissing her in her yard after the Rundgren concert, and I was like "But he didn't LIKE her then!"

I think it was just a crush and he made himself get over it.
Old 10-10-2004, 04:40 AM
Master Fan

Re: Re: Re: Hmm

Quote:
but the group on D/H said he learned to dance FOR Donna.

That was why he wanted to go to the disco.

I love that episode.

Yeah, I wondered about that part too. Are we to believe that Hyde
did wait for her then?

Well bedtime for me. See ya later.

Carol
I'm gonna be very controversial and say that the group LIED. Hyde kept saying discos were stupid, and when he was complaining to Red, Red said "You can't dance, can you?"/"Not a step." There was no reference to Donna, no sign of the Donna-crush until he said he wanted to kiss her while they were dancing. Before that, there was no him subtly hanging around/onto her like he did in later episodes AFTER they danced together.

Hmmph.

I don't buy that he was waiting for her, because...see above.

Good night, Good_Day. (That is SO cool.)
Old 10-10-2004, 07:00 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sadeyes9074
I never saw that one either...nor Hyde's Christmas Rager. Damnit.

They are just..too..cute.
Hmmm...well, if you or Airie wanna see either of them, I'll try to work out a time where I can send them to y'all since I have both on CD. Just let me know...

Quote:
Well, I didn't like IAWL either, but for different reasons. Primarily how they made Hyde ultimately come off if he were to be with Donna. Somehow, I never saw his personality developing into something that hardcore (prison wise). Always figured they made him out to be a lot tougher externally than he actually is, and that episode didn't fit with that perception.

Did think he had the 'crush' as you're calling it on Donna before That Disco Episode, but that it was a relatively recent thing...which he didn't even fully acknowledge until they danced. Though I always kinda thought he learned to dance for Donna, even if he wasn't fully aware of it...more of an unconscious thing... In particular, since he wasn't into Jackie at that point, and wasn't (still isn't really) a dancing kinda guy. Why else would he want to learn to dance? It's not like disco is really his thing. Though Red's digs about wiggling all by himself probably didn't help either...
Old 10-10-2004, 01:53 PM
Ultimate Fan

It's a wonderful....

I was just focusing on Donna and Hyde and totally didn't think to bring up "The Hyde's in prison" ending that Fire remembered. I don't buy that either. But, we do have to remember that in the dream he wasn't living with the Forman's, so it's possible for Hyde to have ended up in jail. Still don't buy it though.

Hmm, much thought about That Disco Episode.

Thanks, Airie for saying I was cool.

Carol
Old 10-10-2004, 03:35 PM
M3
Master Fan

Re: Re: that'd be too cute!

Quote:
*when eric was p.o.'d at hyde in garage sale, right before donna kissed him he was about to say, "sometimes he fills me with...." and i always wondered what the rest of the quote was.
Someone sent me a copy of that script and I swear to you it was "creamy man juice."

Why would Hyde admit to Red, of all people, that he liked Donna? He could barely admit to himself, let alone a father figure who was aloof and judgemental that he respected who was also the father of the kid who was actually pursuing Donna. The argument in that instance doesn't hold up. He wouldn't tell anyone he learned to dance for Donna.

I think Donna was both Eric and Hyde's first love, and Hyde didn't go after Donna when she and Eric broke up not because he was "over it" but because he knew that 1. it'd be way too soon for her and that if he made any serious move it would ruin her trust in him, but the jokes were a way of ensuring that no matter how ****ed up her life was (with her mom leaving too remember) that the rest of the world was still the same and reliable, and 2. he figured that eventually they'd get back together, which, obviously, they did. If Donna found Eric's weird ways charming for that long, she'd get won over again at some point. Or just get worn down.

I don't know why those are small thumbnails. I'll have to go check it out. The early seasons caps are all ****ed up because of compression. I need to recap.

aw crap. I just found where that milk I spilled last month went... I gotta go clean.

Don't wanna be an American idiot. One nation controlled by the media.
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:13 PM
Master Fan

I like your theory, Heidi

So I'm kinda adjusting mine to it. I still think, though, that he didn't like her before the disco. Because, though you may say, it's Hyde, he wouldn't admit it, he was pretty obviously all over her in those episodes after that. So he wasn't really about hiding the feelings. And before the disco, he wasn't all over her, so...I just think it was the dancing that did it.

Plus, I think he started liking Jackie after "Kelso's Serenade;" just a feeling I get. So maybe he was holding it aaaall in between then and season 5 or something.

"Creamy man juice." Well, angry sex...I'm gonna just stop.

I never bought the prison thing, either.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:18 PM
Ultimate Fan

Re: I like your theory, Heidi

M3~I know that you are just fooling with that quote.

Hmm, I'm digesting all this disco epi stuff. There's a quite a bit to analyze there.

Carol

Quote:
So I'm kinda adjusting mine to it. I still think, though, that he didn't like her before the disco. Because, though you may say, it's Hyde, he wouldn't admit it, he was pretty obviously all over her in those episodes after that. So he wasn't really about hiding the feelings. And before the disco, he wasn't all over her, so...I just think it was the dancing that did it.

Plus, I think he started liking Jackie after "Kelso's Serenade;" just a feeling I get. So maybe he was holding it aaaall in between then and season 5 or something.

"Creamy man juice." Well, angry sex...I'm gonna just stop.

I never bought the prison thing, either.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:30 PM
Master Fan

I loved that episode. Topher dances well. And he looks damn good in that white jacket.

Favorite quote from that episode...that I can remember...

"It's from hell, man. And not the cool part, where all the murderers are, either. The lameass part where the accountants are from."
Old 10-10-2004, 11:09 PM
Master Fan

Re: Re: Re: that'd be too cute!

Quote:
Originally posted by M3
Someone sent me a copy of that script and I swear to you it was "creamy man juice."

You are too much girl...I love it.