Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-23-2007, 09:11 AM
Elite Fan

"Second Chances" Pilot Episode Discussion Thread:*NoSpoilersAllowed*

Hi and welcome to the first "Bionic Woman" Episode Discussion Thread

First, remember to not post/discuss spoilers outside of the official NBC episode description for the episode, which will be posted below. As soon as the show airs on TV in the EST everything about the episode becomes fair game and you can discuss it here, people who live on the west coast of the US might not want to check this thread out if they want to remain spoiler free. All other general fanforum rules apply.

OK...NBC Official Episode Description: "Second Chances" 09/26/2007 (09:00PM - 10:00PM)Wednesday Night on NBC.

When a devastating car accident leaves Jaime Sommers (Michelle Ryan) at death's door, her only hope of survival is a cutting-edge, top-secret technology performed by her boyfriend, Dr. Will Anthros (Chris Bowers), and with her new bionics come a covert life that she is not sure she is ready to lead. Meanwhile, the first bionic woman Sarah Corvus (guest star Katee Sackhoff), has her own agenda as she tracks Jaime and Will down - which leads to a showdown between the two bionic woman. Also, Will's father, Dr. Anthony Anthros (Mark Sheppard) escapes from a maximum security prison.

Miguel Ferrer, Molly Price, Will Yun Lee and Lucy Hale also stars.

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:35 PM
Loyal Fan

I downloaded it from Amazon and other than one instance of what I thought was some bad special effects, it was great.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:17 PM
Master Fan

i think i'll have to wait until wednesday to see it! even though i should download it from amazon too, cause i've got like three other shows going on on wednesdays..

i'm excited though!!
Old 09-25-2007, 10:55 AM
Elite Fan

Well, the final verdict is tomorrow. Lets see also what the ratings turn out to be.

I have not seen the final version yet, I'm going to wait till it airs on TV.

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:45 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

It's premiere night

I can't wait to see the final version .
Old 09-26-2007, 08:29 AM
Elite Fan

I also downloaded the episode off Amazon. I really enjoyed it. The show was very dark and different from what's out there. And in a way, it reminded me a little of Alias. So, hopefully it becomes a hit so we can see this play out.

kenny | credit
Old 09-26-2007, 11:11 AM
Master Fan

the day is finally here!!!

i've got about 10 more hours until it airs over here. i think i might miss the beginning because i'll be playing softball but thank goodness for DVRs
Old 09-26-2007, 03:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Can't wait for the show

only about two hours to go!!
Old 09-26-2007, 05:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And in a way, it reminded me a little of Alias. So, hopefully it becomes a hit so we can see this play out.
Ken, I too wish for the second coming of Alias! If it is as good as Alias we'll be alright

5 minutes left on the east coast!

Old 09-26-2007, 08:20 PM
Elite Fan

I loved the fight between #1/Jaime --- Awesome!

The show is dark. I like dark. And I think I'll continue watching. And yeah...Alex the reason I mentioned Alias, was because Jaime's transformation was very similar (in tone) to Sydney's struggle with SD-6 in the first episode.

kenny | credit
Old 09-26-2007, 08:23 PM
Loyal Fan

My only nit pick was the effects on her super speed. I thought those looked a bit cheesey but beyond that I thought it was great.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:23 AM
Elite Fan

I liked Sarah Corvus more than Jaime. But I think Jamie will be finding her footing in the next few episodes.

Miguel Ferrer looked great! Next weeks previews looked good.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:23 AM
Master Fan

I thought the script was kinda weak actually, in some places. Ah well. It wasnt bad..but I wasn't left with the "WOW" factor.

I'll still tune in though..

"If I hadn't gone into acting, I would be a horsetrainer or a tunnel digger...or a swan"

DEATHtoNORMALCY | VOTEforMISHA
Old 09-27-2007, 07:10 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR (View Post)
I liked Sarah Corvus more than Jaime. But I think Jamie will be finding her footing in the next few episodes.
I agree w/you there, but Starbuck -- hum Katee does has a presence that cannot be denied.

I think that the episode went alittle fast, but I liked it.

Meaning that too much stuff happened in the first episode.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think Jamie will be able to hold my attention. I already care more about Sarah and her story. I am disappointed. I may have expected too much.