Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2007, 07:09 AM
  #136
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

 
Nad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 81,462
Yeah, they're producing a "Twilight" movie, I think production will start something next spring .

I take it, you're not too fond of potluck? Anyhow, I hope you have a great time nonetheless.
__________________
Nad is offline  
Old 12-27-2007, 08:45 AM
  #137
Elite Fan

 
TessShipper's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 36,608
OMG I looooooove Twilight!
__________________
YouKnowYouLoveMe.org ~ Dave-Annable.org ~ 90210-Media.org
Steffi: LostEmilie@LJ // Elena+Damon // Tea+Tony // Nate+Jenny
Visit Rachel Bilson
TessShipper is offline  
Old 12-27-2007, 10:16 AM
  #138
Elite Fan

 
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 45,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by globe2912 (View Post)
Yeah, they're producing a "Twilight" movie, I think production will start something next spring .

I take it, you're not too fond of potluck? Anyhow, I hope you have a great time nonetheless.
I love potluck but last night, I think I went more for the food than the singing.

Nevertheless, I spent time by myself at Starbucks afterwards.
Lain is offline  
Old 12-27-2007, 11:01 PM
  #139
Elite Fan

 
AlwaysHoldingOn's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 38,178
Quote:
As for what's on my reading list (in no particular order):

*Twilight (Stephanie Meyer): Yup, I'm very slow in reading this and I only read it because I found out it had vampires in it.

*The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down
*IT (Stephen King)
*The Bloody Chamber (Angela Carter)
*Fox Girl (Nora Okja Keller)
*Child of the Night (Nancy Kilpatrick)
*Lizard (Banana Yoshimoto)
*Hunting the Hunter (Shiloh Walker)
*Dark Lover

As you see, I have failed miserably to catch up with these books
Those books sond interesting the last book I read was memoirs of a geisha and two in spanish but I think I really need to get some books this year, but I'm too stubborn and righ tnow I really want to learn how to use Dreamweaver or at least how to make a decent site cause I opened a freewebs account a while ago and I think it's only fair I use it cause I want to.
Quote:
Mariana- Yeah, I don't collect manga as much as I used to but the one I bought recently is actually out of print (English wise) so I only managed to get hold of the Japanese versions.
Wow that's great

You like Vampires? I mean their stories and all, fave vampire ever? shows you like how they portray vampires or movies? are you watching Moonlight it's the only show with vampires except for Supernatural maybe

Quote:
My current reading list (or better, the one pile that's on my desk right now, there's more but I'm too lazy to go and look all books up )

- North & South (Elizabeth Gaskell)
- Split Second (David Baldacci)
- The Tea Rose (Jennifer Donnelly)
- Ghost Plane (Stephen Grey)
- The Assault on Reason (Al Gore)
- Crown of Slaves (David Weber & Eric Flint)
Let me know if you read themand recomment some to me

Happy New Year's

Sorry I have not been around lately

My sister comes over everyday now and she's a very demanding pregnant she's like let's go to watch tv and then she takes her nap and I can't leave her cuase she's like don't leave.

How di dyou guys celebrate Xmas?
__________________
"Lies roll of us. It's the truths we work hardest to silence."
| | | | ~Mariana
AlwaysHoldingOn is offline  
Old 12-28-2007, 03:07 AM
  #140
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

 
Nad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 81,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by TessShipper (View Post)
OMG I looooooove Twilight!
I'm in the process of re-reading the books right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~+Yamiko
Nevertheless, I spent time by myself at Starbucks afterwards.
Hehe What did you have?

Mariana, how long till you'll be an aunt?

On the subject of Christmas - here's what I did: On Christmas Eve my mum and I went to my sisters and we had a yummy dinner first . After dinner it was "present time". My nephew - he's 16 - was sooo nervous, you would think he's 5 or something . Anyhow, he said he was nervous to see what we thought about the gifts he picked for everyone. He'd gotten a new couch just before Christmas as a early present, so he didn't expect anything else, but we surprised him by getting him some small things.

The next day we first went to church and then my aunt and uncle came over and we had lunch - I was responsible for the food this year, so I was a bit busy. On the 26th we went to one of my other uncles house for coffee and cake and to meet the rest of the family.
__________________
Nad is offline  
Old 12-28-2007, 08:23 AM
  #141
Elite Fan

 
AlwaysHoldingOn's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 38,178
Quote:
Mariana, how long till you'll be an aunt?
She's due on July the 25th or something like that.

Quote:
On the subject of Christmas - here's what I did: On Christmas Eve my mum and I went to my sisters and we had a yummy dinner first . After dinner it was "present time". My nephew - he's 16 - was sooo nervous, you would think he's 5 or something . Anyhow, he said he was nervous to see what we thought about the gifts he picked for everyone. He'd gotten a new couch just before Christmas as a early present, so he didn't expect anything else, but we surprised him by getting him some small things.

The next day we first went to church and then my aunt and uncle came over and we had lunch - I was responsible for the food this year, so I was a bit busy. On the 26th we went to one of my other uncles house for coffee and cake and to meet the rest of the family.
So you celebrate on the 24th as well lthat's great although we usually go to Church that night and then we go back and have dinner around 12 am and exchange gifts too

on the 25th we have lunch together and dinner again . We also have the small fireworks you can burn so we do that a lot too, and usually people love to burn them at 12 am the 24th 12 pm the 25th and 6 pm it's quiet fun

It's so cute your nephew was nervous
You can cook? that's awesome I can't just small things

I have not read the Twilight books yet they are quiet hard to find here
__________________
"Lies roll of us. It's the truths we work hardest to silence."
| | | | ~Mariana
AlwaysHoldingOn is offline  
Old 12-29-2007, 12:45 PM
  #142
Elite Fan

 
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 45,020
Quote:
You like Vampires? I mean their stories and all, fave vampire ever? shows you like how they portray vampires or movies? are you watching Moonlight it's the only show with vampires except for Supernatural maybe
I don't watch Moonlight. I should attempt to since they say it's pretty good but I haven't really gotten in to any TV shows these days.

I think the only movie I watched was "Interview with the Vampire" but I have read books more and each book/movie I looked up on has it's own portrayal but at the least, they don't really go for the stereotypical vampire that only sucks blood, sleeps in coffin, and turn in to bats.

Christmas wasn't really much. All I got was a wallet and a bedsheet. When you get older, you don't really get much so that's why I prefer cash. Saves us enough time for the both of us. And pretty much I've spent most of the day cleaning.

Christmas Eve was when we actually got together and eat and go to Midnight Mass and such (although it wasn't necessary for them to turn off the lights in the beginning before turning it back on because my eyes began to hurt for the entire mass).

I'm looking forward to New Years Eve, provided that I don't work that night. But I'm not looking forward to New Years Day when I do work because it's going to be madness (due to the football game being held).

But then again, I seriously need the cash because my manager's "amazing" abilities of making schedules and making me work only on a Sunday.
Lain is offline  
Old 12-30-2007, 01:23 PM
  #143
Fan Forum Star

 
Yellow Mustang Girl's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Off Topic
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 108,202
Hello

I don't think I have ever been on this board However, I clicked on the Random Forum and this is where it brought me

__________________
ღ Carol
Yellow Mustang Girl is offline  
Old 12-30-2007, 08:40 PM
  #144
Elite Fan

 
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 45,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Mustang Girl (View Post)
Hello

I don't think I have ever been on this board However, I clicked on the Random Forum and this is where it brought me

It took me to Ashely Tisdale.

Stay with us
Lain is offline  
Old 12-31-2007, 05:56 PM
  #145
Elite Fan

 
AlwaysHoldingOn's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 38,178
That's great Kris! I got some earrings and two blouses but I think I am waiting for my birthday cause then probably things will get better.

Actually moonlight its a good show I watched Buffy and Angel were the first shows I got into so I usually relate moonlight to Angel.

A vampire in LA, private investigator, falls in love with a girl, (human) has a past with the woman who turned him into a vampire, he wants like redeem himself or something, so but I liked it

HappY new Year Everyone!!!

__________________
"Lies roll of us. It's the truths we work hardest to silence."
| | | | ~Mariana
AlwaysHoldingOn is offline  
Old 01-01-2008, 06:19 AM
  #146
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

 
Nad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 81,462
Happy New Year everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysHoldingOn (View Post)
So you celebrate on the 24th as well lthat's great although we usually go to Church that night and then we go back and have dinner around 12 am and exchange gifts too
We usually go to church on the 24th as well, but since we were at my sisters last year, we decided to go on the 25th instead.

Quote:
You can cook? that's awesome I can't just small things
I love to cook, but don't have the time to do it that often . And hey, cooking small things is better than nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~+Yamiko
When you get older, you don't really get much so that's why I prefer cash.
My mum gave up buying us gifts a few years back, now she's giving us cash so we can buy whatever we want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Mustang Girl
However, I clicked on the Random Forum and this is where it brought me
I think Carol is stalking me First she turns up on the Star Trek board and now she's here Anyhow, Hi Carol
__________________
Nad is offline  
Old 01-01-2008, 06:21 AM
  #147
Elite Fan

 
TessShipper's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 36,608
Happy New Year everyone
__________________
YouKnowYouLoveMe.org ~ Dave-Annable.org ~ 90210-Media.org
Steffi: LostEmilie@LJ // Elena+Damon // Tea+Tony // Nate+Jenny
Visit Rachel Bilson
TessShipper is offline  
Old 01-01-2008, 01:41 PM
  #148
Elite Fan

 
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 45,020
Quote:
My mum gave up buying us gifts a few years back, now she's giving us cash so we can buy whatever we want.
Exactly. So it kind of evens out. It's like buying something...you're already spending money...sort of.

New Years Eve was rather crazy. Driving home from my uncle's house (which was a 5-10 minute drive) with all the fireworks being played on the roads, having to drive back there to pick up a couple of fireworks (that were no longer being sold for some reason), managed to get back in time before midnight (which my cousins and brother celebrated because not only I got back, but the fireworks I got), and then just hanging out with my cousins outside till 2am talking about random things and singing.

My mom was telling them to not make that much noise because the neighbors were sleeping.

So...2008. What now?
Lain is offline  
Old 01-02-2008, 03:53 AM
  #149
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

 
Nad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 81,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~+Yamiko (View Post)
So...2008. What now?
For me it's back to work today Most of my colleagues are still off, so I'm alone (more or less), now if the phone would stop ringing so I could actually get some stuff done .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~+Yamiko
(which my cousins and brother celebrated because not only I got back, but the fireworks I got)
Sorry, but that's so typical male.

I don't have any particular plans for 2008, except that I'm going to see a RSC production of "Hamlet" in Stratford up Avon in August .
__________________
Nad is offline  
Old 01-02-2008, 10:53 AM
  #150
Elite Fan

 
TessShipper's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 36,608
Hey everyone I´m so bored right now but there´s finally a new GG ep tonight
__________________
YouKnowYouLoveMe.org ~ Dave-Annable.org ~ 90210-Media.org
Steffi: LostEmilie@LJ // Elena+Damon // Tea+Tony // Nate+Jenny
Visit Rachel Bilson
TessShipper is offline  
 

Bookmarks


Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:25 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2021.

Copyright © 1998-2021, Fan Forum.


TEST