Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-11-2009, 08:46 AM
Elite Fan

Stolen Hearts [Dan ♥ Serena] #1012: Wanna know a secret? We were made for each other.

Wanna know a secret? We were made for each other.

True love is never easy to find. It requires patience, endurance and faith. But when you find the one for you, you should never let it go. He found her in a ninth-grade birthday party. She found him when she was lost. Since then, they never let each other go. No matter what happens, and no matter what stands in the way, they would always be Stolen Hearts. Forever.

two h e a r t s beat as o n e;
"Love consists in this, that two solitudes protect and touch and greet each other."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

living o u t the f a i r y t a l e;
"Love is really worth fighting for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more."
- Erica Jong

he said;

There are other love interests. I mean, it’s one of those relationships that, in this genre, you’re always going to get that push and pull. Will they or won’t they? For Dan, I know he’s not having so much on the love front. He’s enriching his life in order to enrich his writing, which sounds backwards—but that’s the way he wants to go about it. He dabbles in the dark side this season with Chuck Bass (played by Ed Westwick) as much as he might hate it. There’s always the anchor—his relationship with Serena. It’s always going to be something that’s present with him, because she was his first love.
~ Penn Badgley

lover ● co-star ● bestfriend

she said;

There are new love interests for Serena. The interesting thing about this is that Serena was a bad girl. You met her returning and trying to be good—then, she met Dan. She avoids finding out who she is as a person and who she’s going to become, because she has this other person. She still needs a bit of the power that she had before. She was able to fall back into the shadows when she was with Dan. She does rise to power this season, and she’s finding that balance. She meets an artist who’s in his 20s. He’s a free spirit, and he tries to break her out of her shell. But, as much as he’s helping Serena as a person, there’s still that constant tug with Dan.
~ Blake Lively

the p a t h to f o r e v e r;
"We love because it's the only true adventure."
- Nikki Giovanni

the beginning
{the introductions, first date, first kiss}

we say;

Dan and Serena are key to Gossip Girl because this is essentially a show that breaks down the glamour mystique of the Upper East Side. The story is mostly told through the perspective of its outsiders-Dan and Jenny. Dan more than his sister is the main perspective from which the show is told. He centers the story so that we can start to see that Blair and Serena (as well as their cohorts) are not unlike the rest of us. The show needs a character that is relatable and Dan is just that guy. This is why his love story is key. He helps us to see Serena and by extension Blair for who they really are: two young girls with self-esteem issues. Dan and Serena also provide a prism of hope in a story that is pretty depressing by reminding us that if you believe strongly in love than it can truly overcome any and all obstacles. The audience is asked to join Dan and Serena on their journey of self-discovery and the beauty of Love. Without DS, Gossip Girl would in fact be without a heart.
~ Shu

the progress
{the compensation, the first time}

we say;

What is Gossip Girl? Basically it is a show that centers around the lives of rich people, and rich people get what they want because they can buy everything. But certainly, there is this one thing that money can never ever buy, and that is love. That is where Dan and Serena come in. They show that despite their difference in social status, they can still fight for their love, and be together, touching hearts everywhere. Certainly, without DS, GG wouldn't have the one important thing in every show, the lesson.
~ Lillie

the affirmation
{the three little words}

we say;

Dan and Serena demonstrate the meaning of true love, they communicate, and trust each other a great deal. They dont care what other people think of them. They have passion, and love for each other. They made love based on trust and the love they had for each other. They cant live without each other, there will always be a soft spot for each other in their hearts. They are the only couple on GG that show the real meaning of true love and show what a real relationship should be all about!
~ Kristy

the struggle
{the misunderstandings, holding on, the last dance}

we say;

Dan and Serena are essential to the GG storyline because they show both sides to the story. They come from two different worlds and fell for each other. You see that they are meant to be together and would do anything for each other. They show that their not your average teen couple and why every fan loves them.
~ Dana

the r e m i n d e r s of t r u e l o v e;
"Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness."
- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Old 04-11-2009, 08:47 AM
Elite Fan

the p a t h to f o r e v e r;
"We love because it's the only true adventure."
- Nikki Giovanni

the rekindling
{the reborn, irresistible, the goodbye}

we say;

Dan and Serena are two young people that found something some people search for, for a lifetime. They have found that one person who makes you smile anytime, makes you feel like you are worth it, believes in you, and the one who you know is forever. They bring that beautiful and unique relationship to Gossip Girl and without them GG wouldn’t be the same. They bring their one of a kind love on our screens for the world to see and make people believe there is that one person for you. Dan and Serena bring the two sides of the tracks together in one beautiful and honest relationship that cannot be broken by anything or anyone. GG would not be the same for me and I think many others. They bring this genuine feel to the show and shows you that meant to be is something to believe in. In all the mess, Dan is Serena’s safe place and they will always be there for one another, even through the tough times you never doubt their love for each other. You do not see many TV couples written like they are and have the chemistry they have, they are one of a kind. Gossip Girl would be lacking an amazing couple without them, and I am proud to be a fan of theirs. This season they will show us even more why they are meant to be and how fate and true love is on their side, and we will be there cheering them on. That's our couple!
~ Lauren

they said;

"Constance Billard's Golden Couple."
~ Entertainment Weekly

they said;

"The Cornerstone Couple of Gossip Girl."
~ Kristin from E! News

touching hearts e v e r y w h e r e ;
"Where love is, no room is too small."
- Talmud

'
the top 5 favorites;

more favorites;

The ending of "School Lies". Because in that moment I saw who and what Dan truly was and will always be for Serena. He's her home, he's that person and place that makes her feel loved, wanted and safe. Dan is to Serena what the Cohens were for Ryan Atwood.
~ Dana

"The love of his life has returned" scene. Train station. - This scene was really short, but from the second I saw it I knew - Dan and Serena were a couple I would love and always ship. Dan's look made the scene perfect. I knew it was a story behind it, and I could already then see that this was his girl; The girl he would later love and have adorable scenes with. Gossip Girl's voice said that Serena didn't know his name, which made me think of how Dan really liked and would later love her. Because Serena was still Dan's dream girl- even if he hadn't talked to her much.
~ Rachel

more favorites;

Episode 1x18 -Much 'I Do' About Nothing.
From the moment she walks into that door and kisses him, to the moment they share their supposed last dance, you saw nothing but how much these two people LOVE each other and would give anything to be able to just make things right again, but feeling in that moment that there was nothing that they could do to fix things and make it like it was before. But, you never questioned whether they still loved one another because that was just there for all to see!!
~ Diane

Episode 1x15 - Dan's worried in "Desperately Seeking Serena" The scene where he grabs her face and makes her listen to him just proves once again that the love Dan has for Serena is stronger than the normal teenage couple. He cares about her with his heart and soul and isn't afraid to show that to the world.
~ Eliz

while h o l d i n g o n to their d r e a m s;
"Love doesn't make the world go round, love is what makes the ride worthwhile."
- Elizabeth Browning

Old 04-11-2009, 08:47 AM
Elite Fan

and e m b r a c i n g the m e l o d y;
"A love song is just a caress set to music."
- Sigmund Romberg

u n b r e a k a b l e
» The 1000th DS Official Soundtrack

download link soon!
"Unbreakable." It is a phrase used to describe something that is impossible to break. Nothing or no person can break it apart. This word embodies the relationship of Dan and Serena. They have faced many hardships throughout these 2 seasons. Through them both one thing remained true: DS are forever. Whether its their parents, gossip, or randoms, DS always seem to get passed it. More struggles will come their way, but we know no matter what they will always be in love.

That is what this soundtrack is all about.

and e v e r y shade of c o l o r;
"Love is the mother of art. "
- Robert G. Ingersoll

100x100 b o x e s
» icons

+more
By: desert.flower

+more
By: jowat

+more
By: alexi

b a n n e r s & w a l l p a p e r s

By: IceQueen

By: alexi

of e v e r y sentence in a s t o r y;
"At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet. "
- Plato

» The latest fanfics
Forever - xoxoDanSerena
Only You - Shu
Elicit Reflections - Broony
Icehot - Shu
Locker Room Escapades - xoxoDanSerena
These Two Hearts - upchitzcreek
+more

of e v e r y frame in a v i d e o;
"Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness."
- Oliver Wendell Holmes

» The latest videos
Black Balloon - Lbonista
Love Story - genkichiba
Coming To Terms - john5549459
White Flag - breakmyheart
Missing You - GossipGirlLuv20
Happy Ending - Shu
Gardenia - Shu
+more

and of e v e r y s c e n e;
"Love is a condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own."

- Robert Heinlein

a n i m a t i o n s
» Dan & Serena in action.
Season 1

+more»
By: Paul

Latest Animations

+ more»

By: Paul1984
l a t e s t c a p t u r e s

that b r i n g s these two souls a t o g e t h e r;
Love is the expansion of two natures in such fashion that each include the other, each is enriched by the other.
Felix Adler

c e l e b r a t i o n s
50 | 100 | 200 | 300 | 400 | 500 | 1000

l i v e j o u r n a l
Blake | Penn | Dan&Serena | Badge&Blake

f a n s i t e s
October 8th | Three Wishes

b o a r d s
Blake | Penn | Gossip Girl

Old 04-11-2009, 08:51 AM
Master Fan

Thank you Paty!!
the title!

Oh and yeah I LOVE the promo, Dan is jealous, Dan says he loves S, they hold hands, I cannot wait
Old 04-11-2009, 08:51 AM
Master Fan

tftnt Paty

our OP is really the BEST

ETA: Dan is so jealous that I really want him to take back Serena, wishing
Old 04-11-2009, 08:52 AM
Elite Fan

Welcome
Dana is great at titles, she always give me some.. (I suck at them)

Yesssssss, it's gonna be AH-MAZING!

ETA: I was just looking at it, Che.. It's really beautiful!
Old 04-11-2009, 08:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chechoy (View Post)
tftnt Paty

our OP is really the BEST
It really is, I cant stop staring at it

ETA: I know Dana's titles are always amazing
Old 04-11-2009, 08:54 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, they are, Lauren

DS are gorgeous.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Penn Badgley