Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-16-2009, 11:13 PM
Master Fan

Serendipity [Nate♥Serena] #181: "I cant be sorry as I should. I still luv u more than anyone could."

ser•en•dip•i•ty
the art of making beautiful discoveries or a fortunate accident
nathaniel&serena
they never meant to fall in love. they just did. it was an accident. a beautiful & fortunate accident.

Welcome to the 181st~Serendipity~ Appreciation Thread

A place for all those, who believe in the love of childhood friends Serena & Nate.
It's always been there.
It's always been undeniable.
It will always be there.

Nathaniel Archibald;
Young gentleman, uneasy with all the privileges handed to him by his family.
Charming. Conflicted. Lost.
Heavily pressured to engage in a long relationship with Blair Waldorf but was & always has been in love with the girl of his dreams, Serena van der Woodsen.
Up for a short adventure with Vanessa Abrams while Serena was with Dan.
Gladly took the invitation of Serena to spend the summer with her.
"Hey."

Serena van der Woodsen;
IT Girl and the talk of Manhattan. Beautiful. Dangerous. Fallen.
Has been in love with Nate for years but is afraid to ruin her bond with bff, Blair Waldorf.
Saw a chance in starting over with Dan Humphrey, but couldn’t live up to his perfect image he had in mind of her nor trust him.
Back to the roots with re-bonding with Nate Archibald.

"Serena & Nate are meant to be together, it seems like, because they love each other."
Why do you ship Serena and Nate?
I love Serena and Nate because he knows everything about her, whether its good or bad, and he still loves her with all his heart.
He knows how to be her lover, her friend, everything she could ever need.
And she represents all the things he wants in life but can’t have because of his parents and the constrictions on his life.
Together, they would be able to break free of the world that binds him.
She could embrace her past and tie it to her present without worrying about whether she’s good enough, and he could start looking towards a bright new future made up of only what’s best for him.
;; sendtherain
It's just something about these two. Shipping them isn't always the easiest thing to do, since the odds are always against them (book and show), but it's completely worth it when you know the magnitude of their feelings for one another and how much they care and accept each other. Another thing about NS is that with not more than 9 scenes together in one season, they have a solid-not to mention growing- fan base, which just speaks for itself. Not to mention, they are physically, the two most beautiful people on Gossip Girl which doesn't hurt, either.
;; njbrc
I ship SN cause for me they are the meaning of true love. They really are soulmates but everything is so complicated. So complicated that they never gave themselves a chance. But trying to not hurt Blair make them hurt each other. And then when they finally let their feelings take the better of them Serena ran away. The fact that even after 1 year those feelings are still here it's WOOW !! They can't stay apart. I think that at the end of the day it's still Serena & Nate no matter what. And Serena & Nate are unstopable, they are like the rain it touches all. I don't know if that's explain why I ship them exactly but that's the best explanation I can give. How do you explain you love someday or something when this love is too much? you can't. Well I can't explain why I ship their love.
;; Lôwrane

I like them because they are comfortable and happy in each other's presence, yet at the same time their feelings for each other and their past always seeps in to make things awkward for them. They have an amazing friendship and are always there for each other during rough times. That awkwardness I love because it shows how they are trying to fight what they feel for each other.
;; ♥ Laura ♥
I ship Serena and Nate because of the same reason I ship Blair with Chuck; these two get each other. They understand each other on a level beyond a normal relationship thanks to their deep friendship. They are there for one another when it's necessary and want what's best for the other person. I also am a fan of how they communicate and how you can just feel that there is something more than friendship underneath the surface.
;; Undeniable
Well, if Nate calls Serena the “girl of his dreams”, then we know he would love her eternally. They still have their bumps but they overcome it anyway because their auras comfort each other immediately. The fact that they can overcome any obstacles in their relationship, it shows how strong their passionate feelings are for each other which is why they deserve to find happiness, desire and love together.
;; starznangelz
"Not only is Serena someone he wants to be with it's always something that could lead him to be free."
Chace Crawford

[newest fans;]
200. LauzG
201. BlondesHaveMoreFun_x3
202. NateScottLover
203. 4brathan&brucas
204. mesmerized
205. TwilightNight
206. jctr67
207. JeRoMe
208. iris_katsiki
209. katiediaz
210. iloveleyton
211. brittybert
212. Brooke08
213. bloomgirl468
214. midnightxsunshine
215. OhioAla19
216. coconut16
217. How-very-girl629
218. LALEY-FOREVER
219. Primal Slayer
220. Serena4Nate4eva
221. peace_love_couture
222. forblueskiesxx
223. tangofan
224. Curlynic91
225. sourcherry33
226. sapphire red
227. B. Chambers

honorables
Chace Crawford
Blake Lively
Cecily von Ziegesar
Chuck Bass
Lily Van Der Woodsen
Blair Waldorf

[latest reasons;]
110. Because after their "first time," she left with his shirt.
111. Because she never looked as beautiful as she did in his shirt.
112. Because he respects her.

113. Because he knows how she is in the summer. *raises eyebrows*
114. Because he loves her unconditionally, no matter how many people she kills.

"...this couple also is very fun to watch. They both come alive in a whole other way."
TwoP

Friends, since forever.
Always on the edge of more.
One night of passion, desire, love a
Beautiful Accident, maybe even disaster.
Finding their way back together, slowly.

..A Walk to remember..

Nate and Serena's love story requires many roads to travel and many obstacles to finish. But if it's anything... their love is raw, natural and powerful.
Having known each other inside and out, they've grown to love each other's strengths and flaws. Nate even kept defending her... it's as if it comes naturally... to protect her. They don't have to try or study each other. It's just so natural. It's passion.. not lust. They don't think... they feel. Even Dan's subconscious is hinting out to him that what Nate & Serena have is so raw and powerful. Unstudied. Having sex not for the sake of having sex.. but because they share a deep underlying passion for each other.
Although they can be rough and steamy, they can also be so delicate and intimate with each other. They have the best of both worlds. And it's breath-taking.
Both make each other want to be a better person. And, by being apart, they become the empty shells of their former selves. It's a given fact that they complete each other.

Right now, Nate and Serena are working out their issues separately. Nate with his parents and his friendship with both Blair and Chuck. Serena with her strive to become a better person.
So that when they do finally get together, it wouldn't much of an issue. Like, somehow, they're working to fix all the things that goes between them / hinder them from happening. Like, somehow, they're preparing themselves to become , someday, better people for each other.

In his darkness, she is the light.

Season 1;;
Before the show picked up..

Serena Van Der Woodsen presented a perfect and happy image for everyone to see, but in reality, carried a sadness that she couldntt seem to let go... particularly, a boy she can't seem to stop holding on to, Nathaniel Archibald. She had feelings for him ever since she was a little girl. It was nothing she planned upon and if given a choice, she would have chosen not to fall in love with him. But this is love we're talking about here. A serendipitous love. Unplanned. And what's worse? It's forbidden. Her feelings required great subtlety because her best friend Blair is in a relationship with him - a relationship agreed upon and dictated by their families and their strict society. Little did she know that Nate has always harbored a secret love for her too. But a love restricted by a responsibility he felt he is bound to honor for the good of his family as Nate is the heir apparent to his family's shipping empire. A man who has everything. Except his freedom.

Both were determined to become sacrificial lambs to love's altar and made themselves oblivious to their feelings for each other, until the inevitable happened. Blair went away... and Cupid came to play. Serena was trying to drown out her heartache with alcohol and went to a bar during a wedding to open a bottle of wine. As Fate would have it, Nate was in the same wedding and offered to help her. The bottle opened suddenly in Nate's hands and the wine spilled over his clothes. Serena, still wobby and tipsy, landed on Nate's lap. And what did they do in that situation? Like what every other two young people secretly in love for years couldn't have helped doing... they kissed. And the kiss turned to something more. Way more. They acted on their passion, let out their feelings. On one simple barstool. It was an intense night, and after it, Serena didn’t know what to do. She felt horrible for cheating on her best friend but at the same time happy. Happy, that she finally knew Nate loved her too and always had. It was a beautiful disaster. She left the wedding, in Nate’s clothes, straight to a friend of hers, Georgina. Little did she know that she had another surprise ahead of her, one that made her life crush down and immediately leave New York for Boarding School in Europe, which left Nate alone. Alone in the world he didn’t want to live in. Especially not without the one girl that had always been there for him and made him feel comfortable in his skin. Made him happy. Colored his grey life. He stayed with Blair but never ever forgot Serena, that one night, he couldn’t. He loved only one girl with his heart, it was as simple as that.
After the season finale..
Having been apart for most of the season but still always there for each other when they needed to be, we saw the final scene of Serena asking Nate to reflect alone..together and Nate immediately taking the offer- they went to get an iced coffee. We all could see how much fun these two had with each other and how natural everything came and we left them walking next to each other, touchy-touchy and laughy-laughy, knowing they'd spend their summer together in the Hamptons.
Luckily, Gossip Girl decided to keep us updated..click on the picture to be taken to the blogs.
Latest Moment..
When we last left Gossip Girl during the summer Nate and Serena had planned to "reflect alone, together" the whole summer. Now that summer is over, it has been revealed to us that they have spent the summer faking a relationship (even almost fooling Gossip Girl herself), in order to cover up Nate's steamy affair with a cougar, Catherine Mason, and Serena secretly mourning for her lost relationship with Dan Humphrey.

Serena had just been picked up to go on a date with a hot, unnamed lifeguard in his car. Meanwhile, Nate's afternoon sex with the cougar abrubtly comes to an end as she hears her husband's car in the driveway. Nate jumps out Catherine's window, picks his clothes up and runs. Unfortunately a car almost ran over him with a certain Serena van der Woodsen in the passenger seat. As Serena's eyes shift from a shirtless Nate to Catherine Mason hugging her husband in the driveway and puts the pieces of the puzzle together and gasps. Nate's facial expression is just as priceless when he sees hers so he decides to pick up his clothes and flee.

The next day, Nate and Chuck are having a conversation whilst taking a walk in the Hampton's small shopping area, as are Serena and Blair. They run into each other and Serena pulls Nate aside saying that he never returned any of her calls. She carries on the conversation stating her displeasure about Nate dating a married, older woman. Nate tells her not to worry since him and Catherine were over and Serena gives him a warm smile.
Before the white party, Nate, Chuck and Eric were enjoying a game of croquet. Then Serena storms up to Nate (with Eric giving Nate a quick warning to be scared) and tells him that she heard that Nate told her grandmother they were going to the white party and suspects its to check his competition out. They take a walk in the garden and she agrees to come, punching him ever so flirtatiously.

At the white party, Serena and Nate are hand in hand and making the cougar extremely upset. Seeing Nate so sad about the cougar, she decides to full on make out with him- right in front of everybody. After their passionate kiss, their foreheads linger on with Nate saying "Wow" and Serena covering her hands on her lips. Dan Humphrey happened to be standing right there at the time, and Serena chases after him.

Summer, Kind Of Wonderful (2x01)

ABRB: E&K+M&Ms+Evapup | icon
Old 01-16-2009, 11:14 PM
Master Fan

; Twin Flame Soulmates ;
There is incredible chemistry and attraction towards each other.
They "complete" each other and only few lucky people are able to find their twin flame soulmate.
Twin flame soulmates, if separated, usually suffer enormous pain.

; How They Met
Maybe they were doing art as toddlers and Nate was missing one color in his crayon box... yellow.
Serena happened to sit near him and so he tried borrowing from her. He forgot what it was called because
he couldn't read yet and so the first words he ever spoke to her was:

Nate:
HEY, what color is your hair?
Serena:
Yellow.
Nate:
Do you have yellow?
Serena:
Yes.
Nate:
Can I borrow?
Serena:
Ok.
Nate:
Thank you. I'll draw you with your yellow hair.
Serena:
Blue.
Nate:
What?
Serena:
The color of your eyes are blue. I'll draw you with your blue eyes. They're very pretty.
Nate:
You have very pretty hair.
Serena:
Thank you.

unofficial soundtracks

songs
01. No Air - Jordin Sparks & Chris Brown

02. Broken - Lifehouse
03. When Will I See Your Face Again - Jamie Scott & The Town
04. Better Than Me - Hinder
05. All Fall Down - One Republic
06. When I'm With You - Faber Drive
07. Carry You Home - James Blunt
08. Everything - Alanis Morisette
09. Always Be My Baby - David Cook
10. How Can I Not Love You - Joy Enriquez
11. Hold Me Now - Rea Garvey

book moments

;
What makes them so special to any other couple on GG, maybe even on whole TV?
They're special in GG, cause they have the thing that no other couple in the show has had. The thing that they have always been in love, they just haven't realized it much. I am not saying that they're the only couple in GG that loves each other. But they're special in some way..
TheSweetestSmile ;;
They were childhood sweethearts who had stolen each others hearts without realizing since they were like, five. They cared, supported and understood one another’s actions. They saw the best and the worst in each other and accepted one another for who they were.
starznangelz ;;
The chemistry is an important factor but most of all the story of their love is so complex and beautiful; you cannot help to fall for them.
LiveinLove~ ;;

I feel like they're just so perfect for one another - they make each other happy in a way that no one else can. Nate accepts Serena, the good and the bad. And she brightens up his life and lets him be free from all the restrictions around them. I just think together they can balance each other out - be that safe place that they've both been looking for. Plus Chace/Blake chemistry owns me.
Vilandra-N-Kivar-lover ;;
Nate and Serena has a relationship that is quite compelling to watch. It's not something that is two-dimensional or just merely black and white. It's a burst of colors that would leave one just spell-bounded. One doesn't necessarily complete the other because they are already whole as a character in themselves but when they are together - it's something that is so undeniably obvious - they just SHINE. Their connection needs no words. They share comfortable silences because of their seep friendship and yet they also share tension-filled silences because of their raw and subtly powerful love for each other. Plus, the chemistry is just there ten times ten to the tenth power between the two actors.
SergeantPepper ;;
For me, they are "the special two", the Prince and the Princess of the UES .It seems like they have a sort of "golden aura" that appears only when they're together. Serena lights up and Nate can't help but staring at her like she is the most precious thing in the world.
I really love this about them.
Lyssie88 ;;
Favorite Moments;;

"For nobody else, gave me a thrill - with all your faults, I love you still.
It had to be you, wonderful you, it had to be you.
"

Frank Sinatra

"There they go again, making history."
♥ Gossip Girl

[01][02][03][04][05][06][07][08][09][10]
[11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20]
[21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29]
[30][31][32][33][34][35][36][37]
[38][39][40][41][42][43][44]
[45][46][47][48][49]
[50]
[51][52][53][54][55]
[56][57][58][59][60][61][62]
[63][64][65][66][67][68][69][70]
[71][72][73][74][75][76][77][78][79]
[80][81][82][83][84][85][86][87][88][89]
[90][91][92][93][94][95][96][97][98][99]

[100]
[101][102][103][104][105][106][107][108][109]
[110][111][112][113][114][115][116][117][118]
[119]120][121][122][123][124][125][126]
[127][128][129][130][131][132][133]
[134][135][136][137][138][139]
[140][141][142][144][145]
[146][147][148][149]
[150]
[151][152][153][154]
[155][156][157][158][159]
[160][161][162][163][164][165]
[166][167][168][169][170][171][172]
[173][174][175][176][177][178]

* Because with just a few short scenes, they've captured our hearts.
* Because she left for a year, and he didn't get over her.
* Coz she wanted to take a bath and he stayed in the bathroom.
* Because "my heart’s crippled by the vein that I keep on closing."
* "Why did I choose these mistakes to make? Because it's you."
* "Coz lookin' back I realize it was always there, just never spoken."
* Because "you weren't happy the day I watched you go."
* Coz "beneath the sheets of paper lies my truth.. I loved you first."
* Because "you are my sweetest downfall.. I loved you first."
* Coz "I'm falling more in love with every single word I withhold."
* Because he had her at HEY!
* Shove em' in a room full of champagne. Oh the magic that'll happen.
* Because we will never look at barstools the same way.
* Because he's seen her with vomit in her hair and still loved her.
* Because "I can still see your reflection inside my eyes."
* Because he always catches her when she falls.
* "I really miss ur hair in my face & the way ur innocence tastes."
* Coz "I can't pretend I won't think about you when I'm older."
* "Whenever ur world starts crashing down, that's when u'll find me."
* "Cause we never really had our closure, this can't be the end."
* Because she never looked as beautiful as she did in his shirt.
* Because they are part time lovers and full time friends.
* Because they have the hottest chemistry on the show
* Because "what I resist, persists, and speaks louder than I know."
* Because "what I resist, you love, no matter how low or high I go."
* Because still I wait for you to see the light.
* Because I've been waiting for you for too long.
* Because their story hasn't even begun.
* Because this much sexual chemistry has to go somewhere.
* Because when you're with me, I lose all my fears.
* Because you ignite my soul.
* Because the truth is hiding in your eyes.
* Because Barbie and Ken need to make a comeback.
* Because tonight you're on fire; I'm going to never get tired.
* Because every thing's so wrong and I don't belong living in your precious memory.
* Are you lost ma'am? Because heaven is a long way from here.
* Do you have a map? I just keep on getting lost in your eyes.
* Excuse me, but I think I dropped something!!! MY JAW!!
* Hey...somebody farted. Let's get out of here.
* If you were a tear in my eye I would not cry for fear of losing you.
* If I received a nickel for everytime I saw someone as beautiful as you, I'd have five cents.
* Do you work at subway? Because you just gave me a footlong!
* If you were a burger at McDonald's you'd be the McGorgeous.

Credits;
♥ Header: Laura ♥ Layout: Lisa ♥ art 'forbidden love': Natasha ♥ Shippers/Reasons/Website art: Laura ♥ art 'just might love you': Natasha ♥ art 'Colorful': Dylan
♥ Season 1 moments: Laura ♥ Blog art: Lisa ♥ Latest Moment animation: Natasha ♥ Favorite moments arts: Ross ♥ moon art: Giuly ♥ Chace/Blake art: Mariella
♥ Dopey & Bunnies art: Laura ♥ Oh Yeah!/Oh No!: Laura ♥ Dictionary art: Laura ♥ Dictionary: Lisa ♥ past & upcoming titles: Lisa ♥ Serenate 100 arts: Natasha

Old 01-16-2009, 11:16 PM
Master Fan

I love the title

Thanks for opening Rui
Kaite | icon: ?
Old 01-16-2009, 11:17 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT, bb! Oh yeah... don't forget to delete the current title from the bottom of the second post.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:19 PM
Master Fan

title deleted

Old 01-16-2009, 11:26 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Rui!

I'd kill for the day I will finally get to read a genuine spoiler that NS are genuinely hooking up.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:27 PM
Master Fan

that would be the best day ever!

I have to go

bye Katie bye Nia

Old 01-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Master Fan

Bye Rui

That would be the best day ever and it would be even better when we actually get to see the scenes
Kaite | icon: ?
Old 01-16-2009, 11:50 PM
Elite Fan

Damn guys
Old 01-17-2009, 02:56 AM
Elite Fan

Wazzup Nikki?
Old 01-17-2009, 02:59 AM
Elite Fan

Nada mucho, y tu?
Old 01-17-2009, 03:07 AM
Elite Fan

Not much either. Who's that in your icon?
Old 01-17-2009, 03:13 AM
Elite Fan

Jake Ryan from Sixteen Candles. Heart-effing-throb.

I was listening to Bowling For Soup today (don't ask why) and I loved this title for NS:
Because I almost had you, but I guess that doesn't cut it.

A bit pissy, yes.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:45 AM
Absolute Fan

New thread!!

THanks
Old 01-17-2009, 06:04 AM
Ultimate Fan

We better get some more NS screen time before this season ends. And hopefully they hook up inS3.