Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2014, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aww, this is so sad cause when I first joined this place was my home, I lived here before I went and explored other boards so this is really sad But I completely understand, the show's been over for almost 2 years and there's nothing much to talk about anymore

Dani, Christins, you guys have done a very good job Dani I love you bby

to all the posters, past mods, Thanks for all the memories
together.” || adam conantcassie blake

Sara | tumblr
Old 06-13-2014, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

I only come here to talk about Dair and Serenate, sometimes Rufus&Lily. Then I hardly get responses from anybody.

Sorry to hear this board is closing
Old 06-13-2014, 06:09 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Thankfully we have other places around to talk about and remember this show and its beloved characters. Thanks for the links in the OP.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sad to see this board go, but it's understandable. I'll always be thankful for the people I met through this board because it was the first place I truly started posting.

icon: tumblr |B
Old 06-14-2014, 05:16 AM
Master Fan

First of all - thank you for all the lovely messages I wuv you too Sara. Like Christina said, this wasn't an easy decision to make but there's been a very definite downward turn when it comes to posts and discussions, and we'd hate to see the board go due to not keeping up with the posts counts/48 hour rule.

To repeat what I said on the CB thread, Christina and myself don't actually know when the board will close (or if it will even), we need to report the feedback to Jerry and then he discusses it with the managers etc,. As soon as we have any news, you all will be the first to know.

No matter what happens, it's been a pleasure to discuss GG with you all, and I hope to see you all around in the future.

Last edited by Blairღ; 06-14-2014 at 05:23 AM
Old 06-14-2014, 09:16 AM
Loyal Fan

It's so sad to hear this. I didn't really post here much but this show was the first one I truly became obsessed with and was the first fandom I was really in. I understand if you do close the board, we'll always have the memories

GL | SL | CB
Old 06-18-2014, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I am so sad to hear that the board is closing. This was the first board I ever moderated. The DS thread was really a home away from home. I've met some awesome people on this board. It really is the end of an era. I understand that it is time to say goodbye. I have one suggestion. When the Felicity Board closed on FF, we started a general gg discussion thread on the Television board and it is still active. I think that might be something people enjoy if and when the board closes. I'm glad that there are other places for people to discuss the show. I think you guys are making the right decision.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:52 AM
Elite Fan

Sorry to hear that the board may be closing
I was never really a regular poster here but I did used to post on the Rufus/Lily thread when the show was on and I met some awesome people here, so thanks to everyone who made this board so great!
Old 06-18-2014, 10:10 AM
Elite Fan

This is pretty devastating actually. This board used to be #1. Obviously totally understandable that it isn't anymore due to the show being over, but it still makes me sad. I had such a great time modding here, and to think the Chuck/Blair thread especially will be closed is very sad. Oh, the memories!!!

I respect the current moderators decision, of course. Just sad to think about!

Miss you ladies!
Old 06-18-2014, 12:08 PM
Master Fan

It's sad to see. This was the first board I came too on and I'm terribly sorry to see it go.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

This board is the reason why I joined years ago, after a long time of lurking I can't say I was a big poster here because I used to do it only in one thread - where I made friends - but this board has always been one of the biggest ones. I can't imagine this forum without it, but I totally understand your decision. I can't say I'll help keeping it open because the ending of the show left me very bitter and angry for several reasons.

Anyway it's always better to go out under our own terms and I'm sure this board will always be remembered as one of the #1 of

Old 06-18-2014, 01:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by airali_glo (View Post)
I'm sure this board will always be remembered as one of the #1 of
to me it will!
Old 06-18-2014, 02:24 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Anyway it's always better to go out under our own terms and I'm sure this board will always be remembered as one of the #1 of
For sure. If you check the list of tags, it's clear that Gossip Girl will still be #1 for a long time.

Christina | vote Natalie Dormer | icon
Old 06-18-2014, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Are you guys going to close the board immediately or wait for next months numbers?
Old 06-18-2014, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
This board is the reason why I joined years ago, after a long time of lurking I can't say I was a big poster here because I used to do it only in one thread - where I made friends - but this board has always been one of the biggest ones. I can't imagine this forum without it, but I totally understand your decision. I can't say I'll help keeping it open because the ending of the show left me very bitter and angry for several reasons.

Same here. The Nate&Serena thread was the first place I posted at.