Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register
Old 03-06-2011, 01:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampophelia (View Post)
all the ships i've ever invested in after pacey and joey have been doomed. Logan and Veronica. John Connor and Cameron. Bloody poofed Kara and Lee. I'm still traumatized by Kara and Lee. i'm just so glad that Inception ended so ambiguously i can always dream that Dom and Ariadne will eventually be. Dan and Blair is the only TV ship I feel invested in right now that is actually still airing.
I hear you. Practically every couple I've ever rooted for has never panned out. I thought I had it in the bag with Lee and Kara, but... And John and Cameron you should have known! There was no way they were going to go there. (Though I will admit the preview footage from Wondercon two years ago sure made it look like they might)
Old 03-06-2011, 02:02 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lint (View Post)
I hear you. Practically every couple I've ever rooted for has never panned out. I thought I had it in the bag with Lee and Kara, but... And John and Cameron you should have known! There was no way they were going to go there. (Though I will admit the preview footage from Wondercon two years ago sure made it look like they might)
in my head John and Cameron rode off into the sunset after the War is finally won and the Machines and the Humans live in peace. It's like a poof ending except they poofed together. i mean, he CROSSED time for her. it's got to mean something in the overall scheme of things.

i'm so envious you get to go to all the Cons. i'm so envious of everyone at no_takebacks and how they call get to meet each other. it's impossible for me from the other side of the Pacific.
"It's still a love story. Love stories don't necessarily end happily, or in tragedy. Sometimes they just end, and people walk away from them, affected, altered forever." - thursday's girl.DAir is the Endgame FFnet community Dom&Ariadne/John Connor&Cameron/Pacey&Joey/Kara&Lee/Logan&Veronica
Old 03-06-2011, 02:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Whoa these threads are going faster than I change my underwear...which is frequently, so that says something!

I was cruising through DB clips and found this one from S3, and I love how it seems like Dan and Blair are a couple giving advice to their friends about their exes...

LOL about Blair and the clog

Old 03-06-2011, 02:19 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
in my head John and Cameron rode off into the sunset after the War is finally won and the Machines and the Humans live in peace. It's like a poof ending except they poofed together. i mean, he CROSSED time for her. it's got to mean something in the overall scheme of things.

i'm so envious you get to go to all the Cons. i'm so envious of everyone at no_takebacks and how they call get to meet each other. it's impossible for me from the other side of the Pacific.

There's one in New Zealand called Armageddon, or that big one in Australia which the name of escapes me. But those are on your side of the Pacific at least.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:23 AM
Addicted Fan

Old 03-06-2011, 02:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think we've mentioned before some of the similarities between Dan/Blair and Xander/Cordy from BtVS, but this picspam just proves it - I swear some of the lines could be interchangeable between the two couples!

This melba toast is like nectar. - Picspam: The Nerd and the Bitch (Comparing Dan/Blair to Xander/Cordelia)

Dan/Blair forever – Dair to Dream
Old 03-06-2011, 02:28 AM
Loyal Fan

OK shippers, i'm reposting because this needs to be seconded. i asked around before if 48 hours is enough time for everyone to think about the Vote In and participate. with the current reactions so far, I'm suggesting that the Vote In period be extended to Friday next week, March 11. This gives everyone enough time to download all the songs (in whatever way you will do it), plug it into your mp3 player, listen to the list while reading fic or rewatching all the clips the next XX times. Would suggest not to look at the fanvids though because that's kinda unfair to the songs that have not yet been used for fanvids. Then come up with your list.....

Whatya think? Whatya think? Anybody Aye? Nay?
"It's still a love story. Love stories don't necessarily end happily, or in tragedy. Sometimes they just end, and people walk away from them, affected, altered forever." - thursday's girl.DAir is the Endgame FFnet community Dom&Ariadne/John Connor&Cameron/Pacey&Joey/Kara&Lee/Logan&Veronica
Old 03-06-2011, 02:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

Most epic tumblr post I've found...I don't take credit! Credit #1 Credit #2

Dair. The best couple on Gossip Girl.

They scheme together

They have coffee together (yk, the thing you have before you pay the check to go have sex)

They make adorable faces

They fight

They go to the movies together

They hold hands

Sometimes, they chill on the floor, nbd

They make deals

They’re there for each other - or rather, when Dan helps Blair

They went on a road trip

They watch movies together

They fell asleep while watching a movie

AND NOW THEY’RE ALSO KISSING, YOU BITCHES!!!

Old 03-06-2011, 03:36 AM
Dedicated Fan

I have no idea why I only just realized this now, but I'm kind of disappointed (while not surprised) we didn't get to see their reactions when they woke up after falling asleep on the couch together. Even if it was just Blair sneaking out before Dan woke up. I wonder how it went.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lint (View Post)
I hear you. Practically every couple I've ever rooted for has never panned out. I thought I had it in the bag with Lee and Kara, but...
It seemed like I had a really good streak going for a long time. I even predicted one that seemed so ridiculously implausible at the time that by the time the book came around in which they went from 0-60, I was pretty much in shock. In that one regard it kind of reminds me of D/B, because I liked the idea of them early on but never thought the show would ever go there.

Bud then Harry Potter ended and things haven't been the same since.

EDIT: Though I never actually shipped anything on BSG. I just thought the show itself was awesome.

Last edited by Landfast; 03-06-2011 at 03:50 AM
Old 03-06-2011, 04:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokadotshoes (View Post)

Sometimes, they chill on the floor, nbd

That one made me laught, srsly
Old 03-06-2011, 04:21 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I love the part when she said "Speed? Please!!"
Old 03-06-2011, 04:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landfast (View Post)
I have no idea why I only just realized this now, but I'm kind of disappointed (while not surprised) we didn't get to see their reactions when they woke up after falling asleep on the couch together. Even if it was just Blair sneaking out before Dan woke up. I wonder how it went.

It seemed like I had a really good streak going for a long time. I even predicted one that seemed so ridiculously implausible at the time that by the time the book came around in which they went from 0-60, I was pretty much in shock. In that one regard it kind of reminds me of D/B, because I liked the idea of them early on but never thought the show would ever go there.

Bud then Harry Potter ended and things haven't been the same since.

EDIT: Though I never actually shipped anything on BSG. I just thought the show itself was awesome.
I tend to be much better at predicting who's going to get together in book series, maybe because I can interpret the intentions of the writer much more easily in that format. I totally predicted R/T in OotP and may have squeed like a fangirl when I got to that part in the next book. Also, I predicted H/G and R/Hr from Book 1 - it just always seemed really obvious to me that she was foreshadowing those pairings, which is why I've never really got the H/Hr thing... I just could never see any hints of that.

In terms of TV pairings, one of my biggest was Josh/Donna on the West Wing. We waited years for those two to get their act together, but it was definitely worth waiting for and they got their happy ending. Sydney/Vaughan on Alias was another one that I wanted together from the beginning. I'm still holding out hope that they'll stop messing around on Bones and give us Booth/Brennan already! God knows we've been waiting long enough!

(Still bitter about Kara/Lee, enough that I haven't even been able to bring myself to watch the last season of BSG yet, after I let myself be spoilered.)

Dan/Blair forever – Dair to Dream
Old 03-06-2011, 04:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancashire_lass (View Post)
I tend to be much better at predicting who's going to get together in book series, maybe because I can interpret the intentions of the writer much more easily in that format. I totally predicted R/T in OotP and may have squeed like a fangirl when I got to that part in the next book. Also, I predicted H/G and R/Hr from Book 1 - it just always seemed really obvious to me that she was foreshadowing those pairings, which is why I've never really got the H/Hr thing... I just could never see any hints of that.
Obviously I'm an H/Hr shipper, they'll probably be at the top of my list until the end of time. But I got tired of the shipping wars a long time ago, and this being a D/B thread probably isn't the place to discuss it anyway.

But at least we have D/B we can agree on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancashire_lass (View Post)
(Still bitter about Kara/Lee, enough that I haven't even been able to bring myself to watch the last season of BSG yet, after I let myself be spoilered.)
The last season isn't my favorite, but still worth watching, IMO. But I can understand where you're coming from.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:41 AM
Absolute Fan

Yeah the, "They sometimes chill on the floor" one is hilarious. I loved that post when I saw it on Tumblr.

I'm getting ready and soon to be heading off to church but sometime this afternoon I will have to go through all the song nominations. Seems like a great group, so I can imagine it will be hard to cut this down. And so excited some one nominated Daydream Believer (I'm partial to the Monkees version), that was on my mind for some time now.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:47 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
OK shippers, i'm reposting because this needs to be seconded. i asked around before if 48 hours is enough time for everyone to think about the Vote In and participate. with the current reactions so far, I'm suggesting that the Vote In period be extended to Friday next week, March 11. This gives everyone enough time to download all the songs (in whatever way you will do it), plug it into your mp3 player, listen to the list while reading fic or rewatching all the clips the next XX times. Would suggest not to look at the fanvids though because that's kinda unfair to the songs that have not yet been used for fanvids. Then come up with your list.....

Whatya think? Whatya think? Anybody Aye? Nay?
Agree! I think it's more difficult to make a song choose than to choose a scene So next friday would be good.
|
icon |tumblr | Sandy
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top