Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'll Never Be Her (View Post)
No thanks for the new thread. (Combo breaker.)
Well aren`t you clever?
Old 03-05-2011, 08:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu_r/hr (View Post)
The first chapter was amazing

Reading the rest
Old 03-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Master Fan

I can`t wait to listen to all those songs and vote!

It`ll give me something to do between studying.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oh, they still bicker; but instead of both rigidly maintaining their positions and refusing to give way, their arguments now have the quality of a well-choreographed dance routine: they fluidly move through them, each taking turns to respond to the other's lead.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiagonalZipper (View Post)
Haven't read that, just started reading fics again
if you're interested in fanfic, i maintain the largest Dair archive community on FFnet dedicated to well, happiness! i have the link to it in my sig. the fic quality ranges from decent to exceptional. the rest of the gorgeous stuff on LJ is linked via the OP. it's the delicious account used for GGnews and you can filter it to get DanBlair fanvids/ fics/ etc.
"It's still a love story. Love stories don't necessarily end happily, or in tragedy. Sometimes they just end, and people walk away from them, affected, altered forever." - thursday's girl.DAir is the Endgame FFnet community Dom&Ariadne/John Connor&Cameron/Pacey&Joey/Kara&Lee/Logan&Veronica
Old 03-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Elite Fan

Tldr

Formerly TvWeirdo07 -Vette-
Old 03-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampophelia (View Post)
if you're interested in fanfic, i maintain the largest Dair archive community on FFnet dedicated to well, happiness! i have the link to it in my sig. the fic quality ranges from decent to exceptional. the rest of the gorgeous stuff on LJ is linked via the OP. it's the delicious account used for GGnews and you can filter it to get DanBlair fanvids/ fics/ etc.
I'll keep my eyes open, thanks for the info
Old 03-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
once you get to chapter 9, you will see why daydream believer is nominated. and Valentine is our only entry to the Spoken Word Special Category.
"It's still a love story. Love stories don't necessarily end happily, or in tragedy. Sometimes they just end, and people walk away from them, affected, altered forever." - thursday's girl.DAir is the Endgame FFnet community Dom&Ariadne/John Connor&Cameron/Pacey&Joey/Kara&Lee/Logan&Veronica
Old 03-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

Oh wow. Thank you. This will keep me going for a while.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:44 PM
Passionate Fan

tftnt!! I can't till we reach 100!!
Old 03-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
The first chapter was amazing

Reading the rest
It's awesome! I hope it gets updated soon cause I've read everything else...

It is gonna take me some time to listen to those songs, and also to decide!
I do have a little thing to say though, cause I've read that we have to nominate a specific number of songs per each category, so as to make that easier shouldn't the songs that belong to the "old school" be specifically signalled -since there might be others like me who may not be able to tell...-?
Old 03-05-2011, 10:07 PM
Elite Fan

I have no idea when it comes to old school songs too

And the 100th will be amazing! Kisses, and all of the other non-couple couply DB moments in the OP!
Old 03-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu_r/hr (View Post)
I do have a little thing to say though, cause I've read that we have to nominate a specific number of songs per each category, so as to make that easier shouldn't the songs that belong to the "old school" be specifically signalled -since there might be others like me who may not be able to tell...-?
and this is why i posted the draft rules in advance so that in case there were any issues they would be brought up beforehand so that the game itself would run smoothly during its actual run.

the pool is deliberately made that way because what you may consider old school isn't what i would consider old school. i'm going to assume that the ages of the fanbase are wide enough that it actually covers 2 generations. for example, i remember there are fans here that belonged to the actual demographic of pacey and joey during the live airing of dawson's creek (i'm one of them). a number of you are only hearing about dawson's creek now. hence some songs that i think are contemporary maybe old school to some of you. the idea is to have fun with it. go with whatever feels right to you. right now we have a playlist of 60 songs, and it would have likely been more if i did not cut off the nominations and the late comers were able to nominate their songs (i see you diagonalzipper - sorry you're noms didn't make it in time). some old romance/classic songs maybe better as canon or wish fulfillment! run with whatever your heart tells you.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:19 PM
Elite Fan

[IMG]too big [/IMG]

DAIRlove
Old 03-05-2011, 10:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
for example, i remember there are fans here that belonged to the actual demographic of pacey and joey during the live airing of dawson's creek (i'm one of them). a number of you are only hearing about dawson's creek now. hence some songs that i think are contemporary maybe old school to some of you. )
This made me giggle. Live airing of Dawson's Creek. I am that generation too and can remember every week banning anyone else in the family from having the tele and taping it on a VCR. And now I feel old. In a good sort of way.