Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2014, 09:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
Love this couple!

waiting for forever, Derena alphabet - E is for Eyesex
Old 06-18-2014, 04:25 PM
Elite Fan

Oh yeah!
Old 06-18-2014, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Tumblr has so many great gifs

eta: I was bothered by Georgina being at Dan/Serena's wedding but not Alison (or even a recast of alison). I felt like that was a big slap in the face. It really bothered me. She had no place being there.

Last edited by ds44; 06-19-2014 at 07:25 PM
Old 06-19-2014, 08:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)

eta: I was bothered by Georgina being at Dan/Serena's wedding but not Alison (or even a recast of alison). I felt like that was a big slap in the face. It really bothered me. She had no place being there.
I understand what you mean. I really couldn't stand Georgina, seeing as she was responsible for the decimation of Dan and Serena's relationship in S1 (not to mention the horrible things she did to each of them individually).

As for Allison, I've kind of been working to develop that backstory in what in my own fanfic. Since Jenny left the UES with so much bitterness towards Serena (though I still can't figure out why, Serena was very kind to her) and Alison already had so much dislike for Lily, I wondered if perhaps she was unhappy with the prospect of her son marrying Lily's daughter. Just my guess.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissOutOnThePrize (View Post)
I understand what you mean. I really couldn't stand Georgina, seeing as she was responsible for the decimation of Dan and Serena's relationship in S1 (not to mention the horrible things she did to each of them individually).

As for Allison, I've kind of been working to develop that backstory in what in my own fanfic. Since Jenny left the UES with so much bitterness towards Serena (though I still can't figure out why, Serena was very kind to her) and Alison already had so much dislike for Lily, I wondered if perhaps she was unhappy with the prospect of her son marrying Lily's daughter. Just my guess.
I usually go with Alison had cancer.

I can't stand georgina. She bothers me on so many levels. I'm also sick of dan being blamed for the decimation of his friendship with vanessa. She was just if not more culpable. She tried to eff over the love of his life and put the blame on his sister. She never accepted responsibility.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I usually go with Alison had cancer.

I can't stand georgina. She bothers me on so many levels. I'm also sick of dan being blamed for the decimation of his friendship with vanessa. She was just if not more culpable. She tried to eff over the love of his life and put the blame on his sister. She never accepted responsibility.
Interesting, I hadn't thought of that possibility.

I was that Georgina had been killed by the Russian mob in S4, leaving Dan and Serena to raise Milo as their own. Can you imagine them as parents?!

Dan ending things with Vanessa was beneficial in the long run. Together, they were just bitter and cynical. Their friendship and relationship was toxic IMO. She was also horrible to Serena, and after Juliet essentially tried to murder her (their scheme hurting Dan and Nate as well), I lost any respect I had for the parties involved. Jealous hags.

They saw what Derena had and tried to get in the way. Joke's on them really.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

^ OMG I agree. But, a part of me thinks that Dan and Serena are so kind that down the line they could both forgive her.

Love that Juliet Gif. The girl speaks truth. I just didn't like how we were supposed to sympathize with that level of jealousy. DV were a downer. I just felt like they both weren't happy. She was clinging to this idea that he belonged to her. Dan just seemed miserable. Granted he should have broken up with her, but what she did in S4 to serena crossed so many lines.

I read some of your fics. I have so many ds fics. I'm working on a future one where they have twin girls. I am gonna try and update the latest chapter sometime this weekend.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
^ OMG I agree. But, a part of me thinks that Dan and Serena are so kind that down the line they could both forgive her.

Love that Juliet Gif. The girl speaks truth. I just didn't like how we were supposed to sympathize with that level of jealousy. DV were a downer. I just felt like they both weren't happy. She was clinging to this idea that he belonged to her. Dan just seemed miserable. Granted he should have broken up with her, but what she did in S4 to serena crossed so many lines.

I read some of your fics. I have so many ds fics. I'm working on a future one where they have twin girls. I am gonna try and update the latest chapter sometime this weekend.
I remember Serena telling Vanessa in S4 that she wasn't going to answer her questions anymore, because she would choose to believe the worst no matter what anyone said. I liked that line a lot because it so concisely summed up everything I dislike about Vanessa.

I think they would definitely forgive her for their own sake, but I don't see them ever reestablishing a relationship. I think Dan would always hold a bit of a grudge, as he is very protective of Serena and sees harming her as a greater offense than messing with him. Serena is forgiving to the point of being naive, and I feel Dan balances that out in holding others accountable.

I can't imagine how anyone could ever sympathize with them in S4. What they did was probably the cruelest things ever done on the show, and that is saying a lot.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I remember Serena telling Vanessa in S4 that she wasn't going to answer her questions anymore, because she would choose to believe the worst no matter what anyone said. I liked that line a lot because it so concisely summed up everything I dislike about Vanessa.

I think they would definitely forgive her for their own sake, but I don't see them ever reestablishing a relationship. I think Dan would always hold a bit of a grudge, as he is very protective of Serena and sees harming her as a greater offense than messing with him. Serena is forgiving to the point of being naive, and I feel Dan balances that out in holding others accountable.

I can't imagine how anyone could ever sympathize with them in S4. What they did was probably the cruelest things ever done on the show, and that is saying a lot.
Exactly. Serena could have died and it flabbergasts me when people either blame dan or say they are on their side. It was just wrong on so many levels.

I do agree that they could forgive but not necessarily have a relationship with her. That line does some up my issues with her as well.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:

I never even thought of that... why on earth was Georgina there? That was insane.

I wish Dan/Vanessa could have remained platonic friends throughout the series. The second they went romantic it was a disaster. You don't put two friends like that together KNOWING there's already a OTP in place aka Dan/Serena that will always win out. The two friends will be destroyed... and they were.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
I never even thought of that... why on earth was Georgina there? That was insane.

I wish Dan/Vanessa could have remained platonic friends throughout the series. The second they went romantic it was a disaster. You don't put two friends like that together KNOWING there's already a OTP in place aka Dan/Serena that will always win out. The two friends will be destroyed... and they were.
Exactly and watching her reluctantly accepting Serena was nice only for her to get annoying again. Dv was not worth the destruction of Vanessa IMO. I am also not here for people blaming Serena or Dan.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Exactly and watching her reluctantly accepting Serena was nice only for her to get annoying again. Dv was not worth the destruction of Vanessa IMO. I am also not here for people blaming Serena or Dan.
I think Dan would have outgrown his friendship with Vanessa no matter what. She was as bad as Blair regarding the us v. them attitude (the way Brooklyn was treated as some sort of dump was amusing to me). I suppose it's because she was such an intrusion, but I never enjoyed that friendship.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:21 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I think Dan would have outgrown his friendship with Vanessa no matter what. She was as bad as Blair regarding the us v. them attitude (the way Brooklyn was treated as some sort of dump was amusing to me). I suppose it's because she was such an intrusion, but I never enjoyed that friendship.
I disagree- I think Vanessa and Dan had similar degrees of "us vs them" attitude, and both of them showed similar capacity for change. Hell, Vanessa dated Nate, and you don't get much more UES than that. IMO, Dan and Vanessa's friendship would have lasted if they'd never turned romantic. But once that happened, it was pretty much doomed, because he was always going to choose Serena over her.

I do agree that she often felt intrusive though. In S1, I think that was intentional- after that, I think the writers just didn't know what to do with her.
{sC&B} -G-
Old 06-20-2014, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I felt like Vanessa/Blair were sort of interesting foils. They both had this x people belong in x world mentality and y people don't belong. I think Dan was more open to change whereas Vanessa was happy in her Brooklyn bubble. But, I also didnt like how the show segmented people as ues or Brooklyn. It's NYC. It's a Burroughs vs manhattan. Plus that mentality was so outdated. But the minute they had dv happen, Vanessa was screwed. But, her intrusiveness was so annoying.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I felt like Vanessa/Blair were sort of interesting foils. They both had this x people belong in x world mentality and y people don't belong. I think Dan was more open to change whereas Vanessa was happy in her Brooklyn bubble. But, I also didnt like how the show segmented people as ues or Brooklyn. It's NYC. It's a Burroughs vs manhattan. Plus that mentality was so outdated. But the minute they had dv happen, Vanessa was screwed. But, her intrusiveness was so annoying.
What I liked about Serena off the bat was that she never harbored that kind of attitude in the slightest, while the other characters did to some extent. Dan outgrew it, as did Nate, but Blair and Vanessa's mentality stayed the same. They weren't open to change in the slightest. It was especially annoying with Vanessa, as she seemed to pride herself on being laid back and accepting when in truth she was anything but.