Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Total Fan

i'd love it if Dan said this to Blair:

"I may hate everything about your world. But i love you."

Old 02-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Extreme Fan

OMG, that would be awesome, and very accurate I might add...
Old 02-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Love it.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 02-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Air
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by **bittersweet** (View Post)
i'd love it if Dan said this to Blair:

"I may hate everything about your world. But i love you."

stop. I'm dying!
Old 02-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Absolute Fan

Yep, 100th is more of a big number, and since we are getting loads lately, I don't think there'll be enough time to do anything for the 75th.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I can't make art anyway.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 02-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Air
Elite Fan

I can and would love to but I'm so busy!
Old 02-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Air
Elite Fan

I can and would love to but I'm so busy!
Old 02-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Total Fan

yea you're probably right. or Blair to Dan:

"I cant believe i'm about to say this but........my heart lies in Brooklyn, with you."
Old 02-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I used to be able to make vids. The I got vidder block.

Now don't feel like trying to figure out Sony Vegas.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Absolute Fan

You guys need to stop it!!! It gets people's hopes high... and though TPTB have delivered so far...
Old 02-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu_r/hr (View Post)
But man!!! It's all P/J for me these days... I'm moving along season 4 really fast, and it scares me, cause I'm not naive enough to think they'd be together through and until the end... but I'm gonna be crying like a baby whenever that something that will set them apart for a while happens...
are you already on episode 4x14? that ending there? that is the scene i was hoping that they eventually take DAir to. This show has not done classic romance since season 1. And even then, it really didn't grab me so much, simply because at that point the Derena hookup was too early in the show/season for me at least to be invested in. It was a case of Informed Affection again, where in the speed of half a season we're supposed to believe they're deeply in love. I think that's the thing that bothers me about the D/S pairing - they didn't earn it for me. And then they keep yoyo-ing with their affection, it just doesn't feel like a worthy investment.

Admittedly, ChAir got all the build up so as far as fan reactions go yeah, ChAir did earn their fanbase. But I think the characters have just damaged each other too much over and over again, and if people are looking at the characters as real people you wouldn't want them together again, ever.

Now DAir, has seasons worth of build-up. They represent a return to classic romance, a romance built on friendship that was hard won. I don't think DAir is over just yet. I'm glad that Dan is fully embracing his Insider side. I know some other viewers find him unrecognizable, but goodness the guy can't be the designated judgmental good guy for the whole run of the show. The kid has to adapt or die in the UES. I believe his core goodness is still there, but at least it's all smarted up and snarky now. Frankly, the guy hasn't been judgmental since season 3. I think his whole baby drama was supposed to show the viewers that he isn't the guy who's going to throw the moral high ground in your face anymore. I think part of the problem why people don't think he's good for Blair is because they still think he's Mr. Judgey Guy when he hasn't been in forever. So yeah, DAir is earning their fanbase too.
"It's still a love story. Love stories don't necessarily end happily, or in tragedy. Sometimes they just end, and people walk away from them, affected, altered forever." - thursday's girl.DAir is the Endgame FFnet community Dom&Ariadne/John Connor&Cameron/Pacey&Joey/Kara&Lee/Logan&Veronica
Old 02-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

We should be happy with what we get. We are lucky we are getting even it.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Air
Elite Fan

Quote:
It was a case of Informed Affection again, where in the speed of half a season we're supposed to believe they're deeply in love. I think that's the thing that bothers me about the D/S pairing - they didn't earn it for me. And then they keep yoyo-ing with their affection, it just doesn't feel like a worthy investment.
Agreed. I just don't really see the investment or the love between DS anymore. I'm not convinced and don't get where the love comes from anymore. What keeps them together? What interests, what common ground or passion? I don't see it anymore.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I never saw it period.