Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's great.

I've wanted them since he comforted her Season 1.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 02-02-2011, 01:40 PM
Air
Elite Fan

They both deserve better in relationships and they both can give each other that.

Dan deserves to not be taken for granted and to be supported in his own endeavors. Blair does that. She may chide him and undermine him, but she views him as a worthy adversary, often her only real competition and the past few episodes she's bitched out Serena and defended Dan's worth to her. She also keeps mentioning his writing and knows and pays attention to what he wants to do and accomplish. She'll give him crap if he starts to act up but she also will defend him as well.

Blair deserves for someone to make her happy, to be her equal both intellectually and powerfully and someone who can make her feel like she can be herself, but that who that girl is isn't just a scheming, sly person who is only as good as what her "destiny" is. Dan is that person for her. We've seen him empathize with her time and time again, tell her she deserves someone who makes her happy. Dan also isn't above playing her games and scheming and sabotaging - he's definitely her equal to her in that regard - but he can also challenge her intellectually and he can call her out on when a scheme won't work and is silly. He's one of the first people to act as though she's not going to end up as some society trophy wife.

They are OTP. Hands down OTP.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Great Post.

I agree with everything.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 02-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Master Fan

Preach!

I agree and I think the writers agree as well because they're really trying to show what you just wrote.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

They are.

I'm still trying not to invest too much.

Like I've said it's not working.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Air
Elite Fan

I agree they really seem to be! They have to at least mean half of what comes across on screen, right?
Old 02-02-2011, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I would think so.

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 02-02-2011 at 03:35 PM
Old 02-02-2011, 02:13 PM
Passionate Fan

I like when he brought her lunch because he knows she's a food snob lol. She was all like "Sweet!" but concealed it from him, she didn't want him to get any ideas lol.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
I flove Ryan Star, so seeing Dair set to "Brand New Day" is sweet. And it's a gorgeous vid!

Jen | tumblr
Old 02-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Master Fan

I'm really starting to think they are perfect for each other.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Air
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty/reckless (View Post)
I'm really starting to think they are perfect for each other.
Me too! More and more and more and more!
Old 02-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AIR~ (View Post)
They both deserve better in relationships and they both can give each other that.

Dan deserves to not be taken for granted and to be supported in his own endeavors. Blair does that. She may chide him and undermine him, but she views him as a worthy adversary, often her only real competition and the past few episodes she's bitched out Serena and defended Dan's worth to her. She also keeps mentioning his writing and knows and pays attention to what he wants to do and accomplish. She'll give him crap if he starts to act up but she also will defend him as well.

Blair deserves for someone to make her happy, to be her equal both intellectually and powerfully and someone who can make her feel like she can be herself, but that who that girl is isn't just a scheming, sly person who is only as good as what her "destiny" is. Dan is that person for her. We've seen him empathize with her time and time again, tell her she deserves someone who makes her happy. Dan also isn't above playing her games and scheming and sabotaging - he's definitely her equal to her in that regard - but he can also challenge her intellectually and he can call her out on when a scheme won't work and is silly. He's one of the first people to act as though she's not going to end up as some society trophy wife.

They are OTP. Hands down OTP.
Amazing post! I really like the care the writers have been putting into this sl so far, I just hope they'll follow through on it.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:10 PM
Air
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazing star (View Post)
Amazing post! I really like the care the writers have been putting into this sl so far, I just hope they'll follow through on it.
thanks! And i hope so too. So so much!
Old 02-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I've always thought they were perfect for each other.

Old 02-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Air
Elite Fan

I bow to your good judgment early on, Jaime!

Chuck and Blair were really incredible for a time. I couldn't help myself!