Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

 
 
Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2011, 12:28 PM
  #31
Fan Forum Star

 
Jaime Bee's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 224,484
That's great.

I've wanted them since he comforted her Season 1.
__________________
Spike♥Buffy
"Baby likes to play."


Jaime Bee is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 12:40 PM
  #32
Air
Elite Fan

 
Air's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 32,159
They both deserve better in relationships and they both can give each other that.

Dan deserves to not be taken for granted and to be supported in his own endeavors. Blair does that. She may chide him and undermine him, but she views him as a worthy adversary, often her only real competition and the past few episodes she's bitched out Serena and defended Dan's worth to her. She also keeps mentioning his writing and knows and pays attention to what he wants to do and accomplish. She'll give him crap if he starts to act up but she also will defend him as well.

Blair deserves for someone to make her happy, to be her equal both intellectually and powerfully and someone who can make her feel like she can be herself, but that who that girl is isn't just a scheming, sly person who is only as good as what her "destiny" is. Dan is that person for her. We've seen him empathize with her time and time again, tell her she deserves someone who makes her happy. Dan also isn't above playing her games and scheming and sabotaging - he's definitely her equal to her in that regard - but he can also challenge her intellectually and he can call her out on when a scheme won't work and is silly. He's one of the first people to act as though she's not going to end up as some society trophy wife.

They are OTP. Hands down OTP.
__________________
allison [ & ] argent
Air is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 12:43 PM
  #33
Fan Forum Star

 
Jaime Bee's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 224,484
Great Post.

I agree with everything.
__________________
Spike♥Buffy
"Baby likes to play."


Jaime Bee is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 12:44 PM
  #34
Master Fan

 
SweetSymphony's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 10,705
Preach!

I agree and I think the writers agree as well because they're really trying to show what you just wrote.
__________________
dan&blair
SweetSymphony is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 12:50 PM
  #35
Fan Forum Star

 
Jaime Bee's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 224,484
They are.

I'm still trying not to invest too much.

Like I've said it's not working.
__________________
Spike♥Buffy
"Baby likes to play."


Jaime Bee is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 12:57 PM
  #36
Air
Elite Fan

 
Air's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 32,159
I agree they really seem to be! They have to at least mean half of what comes across on screen, right?
__________________
allison [ & ] argent
Air is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 01:01 PM
  #37
Fan Forum Star

 
Jaime Bee's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 224,484
I would think so.
__________________
Spike♥Buffy
"Baby likes to play."



Last edited by Jaime Bee; 02-02-2011 at 02:35 PM
Jaime Bee is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 01:13 PM
  #38
Passionate Fan

 
Courtlovesds's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,682
I like when he brought her lunch because he knows she's a food snob lol. She was all like "Sweet!" but concealed it from him, she didn't want him to get any ideas lol.
__________________
There he was; the whole world wrapped inside my arms.
Courtlovesds is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 01:36 PM
  #39
Obsessed Fan

 
dixieland_dreamer's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 5,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
I flove Ryan Star, so seeing Dair set to "Brand New Day" is sweet. And it's a gorgeous vid!
__________________
Jen
dixieland_dreamer is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 01:52 PM
  #40
Master Fan

 
pretty/reckless's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 17,650
I'm really starting to think they are perfect for each other.
__________________
pretty/reckless is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 02:00 PM
  #41
Air
Elite Fan

 
Air's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 32,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty/reckless (View Post)
I'm really starting to think they are perfect for each other.
Me too! More and more and more and more!
__________________
allison [ & ] argent
Air is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 02:06 PM
  #42
Elite Fan

 
calls me home's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 30,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AIR~ (View Post)
They both deserve better in relationships and they both can give each other that.

Dan deserves to not be taken for granted and to be supported in his own endeavors. Blair does that. She may chide him and undermine him, but she views him as a worthy adversary, often her only real competition and the past few episodes she's bitched out Serena and defended Dan's worth to her. She also keeps mentioning his writing and knows and pays attention to what he wants to do and accomplish. She'll give him crap if he starts to act up but she also will defend him as well.

Blair deserves for someone to make her happy, to be her equal both intellectually and powerfully and someone who can make her feel like she can be herself, but that who that girl is isn't just a scheming, sly person who is only as good as what her "destiny" is. Dan is that person for her. We've seen him empathize with her time and time again, tell her she deserves someone who makes her happy. Dan also isn't above playing her games and scheming and sabotaging - he's definitely her equal to her in that regard - but he can also challenge her intellectually and he can call her out on when a scheme won't work and is silly. He's one of the first people to act as though she's not going to end up as some society trophy wife.

They are OTP. Hands down OTP.
Amazing post! I really like the care the writers have been putting into this sl so far, I just hope they'll follow through on it.
__________________
~ Johanna ~
calls me home is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 02:10 PM
  #43
Air
Elite Fan

 
Air's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 32,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazing star (View Post)
Amazing post! I really like the care the writers have been putting into this sl so far, I just hope they'll follow through on it.
thanks! And i hope so too. So so much!
__________________
allison [ & ] argent
Air is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 02:37 PM
  #44
Fan Forum Star

 
Jaime Bee's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 224,484
I've always thought they were perfect for each other.
__________________
Spike♥Buffy
"Baby likes to play."


Jaime Bee is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 02:48 PM
  #45
Air
Elite Fan

 
Air's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 32,159
I bow to your good judgment early on, Jaime!

Chuck and Blair were really incredible for a time. I couldn't help myself!
__________________
allison [ & ] argent
Air is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Tags
couple, dan/blair, gossip girl


Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:19 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright © 1998-2014, Fan Forum.