Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2011, 02:06 AM
Absolute Fan

Nostalgic!

Quote:
of course. and with Ed abandoning, sorry tired of his own ship, they would be.

what I love about DAir? they can go episodes long warring and not interacting but when they do, they are both at their most genuine and authentic. they don't get that with others.
It's just a tv-show people I think then! Why all the bashing? I didn't mind CB or DS, I was glad for them and enjoyed the little DB scenes. But then you've got to face reality that it doesn't work out now and the writers chose to walk some other road in some way. If they are so sure CB and DS are 'EPIC GAME' (end game whatever it was called ) then why don't enjoy the DB scenes? It's brilliant acting!

Now we get some Dair (I still can't believe it) and we'll see what happens in the end

Quote:
That's great about the Poll.
I voted Yeeeey, a positive vibe for once besides some media.
icon credit: AlwaysCB | Tumblr| Sandy

Last edited by AbsyntheMinded; 02-05-2011 at 02:16 AM
Old 02-05-2011, 05:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think one of the great things about DB is Penn and Leighton. Not only they look good together, they are the most talented out of the group, IMO. Sure, they talk like they've had 4295 cans of Red Bull but the dialogues come off witty and the most audible (no marblemouth or whispering, please!).
Old 02-05-2011, 05:19 AM
Elite Fan

Future title: Because Dan knows her kindergarten year book quote.

Old 02-05-2011, 05:37 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I think one of the great things about DB is Penn and Leighton. Not only they look good together, they are the most talented out of the group, IMO. Sure, they talk like they've had 4295 cans of Red Bull but the dialogues come off witty and the most audible (no marblemouth or whispering, please!).
Penn has grown on me, that's for sure. I definitely think he's the best male actor this season [Ed Westwick has always been my hands down favorite, but he's just not bringing it lately]. My whole thing with Leighton was that awful baby-toddler voice she used through most of season three. I hated it! The way she said "Chuck" was the worst. It's irked me almost as much as Jax from General Hospital calling Brenda "Brender" and that's a huge amount of irk. But she's redeemed herself.

ETA: Re: The above animation. I know it would be terribly out of character for Blair, and not the best suited for Dair. But suddenly I'm imagining her and Dan making out in the bathroom ala Veronica and Logan. *sigh*
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves

Last edited by lasha4god; 02-05-2011 at 05:48 AM
Old 02-05-2011, 06:29 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by memory91 (View Post)
Future title: Because Dan knows her kindergarten year book quote.
I like that. And then the quote? With - bring it on!
Old 02-05-2011, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I love that title.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 02-05-2011, 07:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasha4god (View Post)
ETA: Re: The above animation. I know it would be terribly out of character for Blair, and not the best suited for Dair. But suddenly I'm imagining her and Dan making out in the bathroom ala Veronica and Logan. *sigh*
thank god i'm not the only one starting to visualize a Veronica/Logan vibe! Although, in my head Dan is Veronica and Blair is Logan (since you know... Ronnie was poor and Logan is effing rich). The bathroom makeout scene was not as good for me as the sudden kiss at the Camelot. That was hot and romantic and an OMFG moment if there ever was one. The LoVe bathroom make out didn't quite compare. What I'm hoping for is that if the kiss does happen this season, it would be played/shot/acted completely romantic and hot, complete with the sweeping angles and music and choirs of angels singing and foot popping and whatever. some ORIGINAL thing (not necessarily angels singing... they haven't done that on this show yet have they?). maybe some dazzling light effect, or sudden silence. Something to denote that they've completely gone into a world all their own and EVERYONE else disappears and they're the only people left. Yeah, something like that. If Buckley ever directs that episode I hope he takes his visual and auditory cues from some of the most romantic First Kiss moments out there.
"It's still a love story. Love stories don't necessarily end happily, or in tragedy. Sometimes they just end, and people walk away from them, affected, altered forever." - thursday's girl.DAir is the Endgame FFnet community Dom&Ariadne/John Connor&Cameron/Pacey&Joey/Kara&Lee/Logan&Veronica
Old 02-05-2011, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Aww yeah something like the LoVe first kiss.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 02-05-2011, 07:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsyntheMinded (View Post)
It's just a tv-show people I think then! Why all the bashing? I didn't mind CB or DS, I was glad for them and enjoyed the little DB scenes. But then you've got to face reality that it doesn't work out now and the writers chose to walk some other road in some way. If they are so sure CB and DS are 'EPIC GAME' (end game whatever it was called ) then why don't enjoy the DB scenes? It's brilliant acting!
the bashing was started by ChAir stans a long long time ago. Haters cannot really be controlled from that side of the fence. That is why it's called Ship Wars. The thing is, I think most DAir fans, particularly those that saw the connection early on, have been quite tame and resigned for a very long time. The new DAir fans can be divided between those that are ok with DAir as an interlude so ChAir can heal vs. those that think that DAir should be a show upset (meaning game changing, end changing, etc.). I'm not sure if you were saying that there are DAir shippers that are bashing other ships, and your mileage may vary on what you would construe as bashing. Some DAir fans cannot see Dan and Blair with other people anymore and will say that. If that is to be construed as bashing other ships, then there would definitely be a difference of opinion here. Nearly all of the original Dair fans are only starting to come out of hiding after YEARS of bashing from other shippers. It isn't fair that now that DAir fans are becoming vocal again that there are allegations of bashing within the ranks.

Anyway, shippers ship for different reasons, and they come to ship a pair through different paths. Yes, it is a TV show, but there is a reason why some fans are called "stans". I think I mentioned this before, most DAir fans are really pragmatic and resigned. But I think if the writers give us hope - the possibility that they are willing to rethink endgame or whatever, then the true Ship Wars will really start. This.. This is just cold war I think.
"It's still a love story. Love stories don't necessarily end happily, or in tragedy. Sometimes they just end, and people walk away from them, affected, altered forever." - thursday's girl.DAir is the Endgame FFnet community Dom&Ariadne/John Connor&Cameron/Pacey&Joey/Kara&Lee/Logan&Veronica
Old 02-05-2011, 07:37 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampophelia (View Post)
This.. This is just cold war I think.
Just like the GG-voiceover said But how can you make a TV show then if the creating of new storylines depend on how the viewers are taking it?! The quality of writing will be a low lower, won't it? So could it be if CB'ers are really getting mean (I just visited Schwartz twitter because somebody posted here his retweet of Dair: somebody was bashing GG and Dair very much ) they are making the writers write the things they want in the end and not what the writers were aiming for?

It seems like there are less DS'ers who are bashing. Well anyway, I don't care, it's just a waste of time! Let's have fun while GG still lasts

Last edited by AbsyntheMinded; 02-05-2011 at 07:44 AM
Old 02-05-2011, 07:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsyntheMinded (View Post)
Just like the GG-voiceover said But how can you make a TV show then if the storylines depend on how the viewers are taking it?! The quality of writing will be a low lower, won't it? So could it be if CB'ers are really getting mean (I just visited Schwartz twitter because somebody posted here his retweet of Dair) they are making the writers write the things they want in the end?

It seems like there are less DS'ers who are bashing. Well anyway, I don't care, it's just a waste of time! Let's have fun while GG still lasts.
i think the ChAir or the Chuck stans just reflect the character they are shipping. IDK. I think Derena shippers are calmer simply because well... it's Dan. He's a good guy. I think that D/S being the original ship this show ever promoted will always give the shippers that sense of security that there would not be any need to bash. They were each other's first real boyfriend/girlfriend so they will always have that. I think it's a Ship Mates situation (yup I go to TV tropes a lot) where a C/B Alpha pairing would result in a D/S Beta pairing because... they were the first and B will not let S be unhappy or something.

Writing schedules differ from show to show. Some fully outline a season in advance, others (probably GG included) do half-season planning. Meaning they could very well outline at the beginning but leave room during the mid-season break to make any changes. Also, the closer a series gets to its end, the more consideration of audience reaction is taken. Pacey ending up with Joey in DC was a last minute thing IIRC. Kara ending up with Sam instead of Lee was not decided until the writing for the last half of the season for Battlestar Galactica (it wasn't the audience reaction that tipped that decision, it was Michael Trucco's accident).

I personally think that they've been planning to DAir for a very long time, but just couldn't figure out when exactly to do it until season 4. I think that was why certain things started happening to the characters, why certain character development/derailment happened in the last half of the season. For me, I think it was preparation. I could very well be wrong, but only the future will correct me.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

If they were preparing that shows that this ship does mean something to them at least.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

**TLTR

I loved LoVe's bathroom makeout scene! Oh man, I wish Dair could get some decent makeout scenes, and LOTS of them if they hook-up and continue their secret affair.

DS fans are a lot calmer and they don't bash Dair a lot, it seems. They're tolerating the situation better. But also a lot of Chair fans are either converted or beginning to support Dair... I guess Chair fanbase has a lot of hardcore shippers... some of them remind me of Edward/Bella fans (and I don't necessarily mean this in a bad way).

I definitely think the writers have set them up to be a couple someday, maybe in season 3 (probably when Dan and Blair enter college / Yale). But Chair's popularity was too big to be ignored, so they continued with the "endgame" storyline. Part of me did wonder why Chuck's character necessarily had to stoop down to a whole level (whoring out Blair, sleeping with Jenny, etc.). His actions left me disgusted, and wondering if the writers were intentionally doing this (why, just to create drama?) But now in Season 4, Dan and Blair are bringing in their A-game with their comedic banters and intriguing "friendship"- I definitely think writers weren't against the whole DB thing from the start. Who knows what they've planned ahead, but DB is a perfect romantic comedy material. They're too epic to be ignored

(P&P's Elizabeth/Darcy, 'The Proposal's Margaret/Andrew type of relationships are textbook romances)
Old 02-05-2011, 09:01 AM
New Fan

Quote:
I think Derena shippers are calmer simply because well... it's Dan. He's a good guy. I think that D/S being the original ship this show ever promoted will always give the shippers that sense of security that there would not be any need to bash. They were each other's first real boyfriend/girlfriend so they will always have that. I think it's a Ship Mates situation (yup I go to TV tropes a lot) where a C/B Alpha pairing would result in a D/S Beta pairing because... they were the first and B will not let S be unhappy or something.
I used to be a big D/S shipper myself, but these days I think Dan is a lot more interesting around Blair. That famous hallway moment in 1x04 immediately got me thinking that DB would make an interesting couple (although I continued to enjoy Derena during S1). I loved Blair's character but I thought Chuck was disgusting, so I never really got into Chair. And yeah, for me Dan is the common denominator between D/S and D/B, the reason being that he is such a good guy and would be a great bf to both girls. Thing is, I think Blair deserves him more than Serena. She has far more in common with him, and Serena has had her chance with Dan more than once and has blown it each time. The lengths to which she takes him for granted is ridiculous. On the other hand, Blair has been through so much crap with the guys in her life - Nate cheated on her with her best friend, and Chuck tried to sell her for a hotel - she really, really deserves some happiness with a solid, decent guy like Dan. It would be really interesting if the show had to do some reverse parallel of the first season: there would be a triangle between Serena, Blair and Dan (like there was with Serena, Blair and Nate) except this time... the guy would choose Blair. It would be even more powerful knowing that Dan chose Blair over Serena, since B is used to seeing herself as 'second best' to S all the time.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Elite Fan

Epicness would be someone choosing and loving Blair how she wants to be and needs to be, that it moves her and the viewers from within, and the only guy is Dan who could that
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones