Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2017, 03:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

While her insults might have been better - in the end she never got what/who she wanted and most of time it was because of Kelly. That must have been really frustrating.

Steve - wanted Kelly
Brandon - wanted Kelly
Dylan - wanted Kelly
Colin - wanted Kelly
Tom - dated Kelly
Donna - Kelly's bff
Claire - Team Kelly
David - Kelly's brother

So... it's pretty hard to win in this group when you're not Team Kelly

Usually I liked their little battles, but sometimes it was just too much. Sometimes I just didn't understand the reasons anymore. Like when Val started the Bill-stuff... what? You know, when it got more than just the snarky battles.

{ ... i am the one you fell in love with. who promises you to do it right.
... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 10-06-2017, 04:29 AM
Master Fan

But in the end, Kelly became a loner as a single mother (everything has to be included with the spin-off)...Oooo I feel a big dig from Val regarding that. Val is the best!!
Old 10-06-2017, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I doubt Valerie is still in contact with anyone of them - except maybe Brandon.

Also I don't think Valerie still has hard feelings towards Kelly, for what I remember they made up in the end. Tbh I loved the little moments - we didn't get enough of them - when they teamed up.

And - as I stopped watching the spinoff after a while - didn't Kelly leave town? Didn't she move to Dylan? Or...?

... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 10-06-2017, 08:21 AM
Master Fan

I don't think she moved to Dylan at all. Val and Kelly did make up before Val left.
Hmmm I wanted some Val and Kelly action ehem

Yes Rachel, I know I should behave but still....

Anyway back on topic, I do think Val knew how to give Kelly a very good kick but yes at times their feud got a little petty
Old 10-06-2017, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kelly didn't move in with Dylan. Dylan was going from place to place with different projects. But she and Sammy went to visit him and when she return, she said Dylan has the same commitment issues. She implies she's ready to move on. At that point, she was probably thinking about getting together with Ryan but that didn't work out.
Old 10-08-2017, 03:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
While her insults might have been better - in the end she never got what/who she wanted and most of time it was because of Kelly. That must have been really frustrating.

Steve - wanted Kelly
Brandon - wanted Kelly
Dylan - wanted Kelly
Colin - wanted Kelly
Tom - dated Kelly
Donna - Kelly's bff
Claire - Team Kelly
David - Kelly's brother

Hm, not just the guys always picked Kelly over Val, they also picked Donna over her. So it's hard to take any of that seriously, honestly. Besides, boys have become pretty lame.

Anyway, I would never take men's validation (desire) as a measure of some woman's success or worth, or victory over other woman.

Val resonated better with the viewers than with the men on the show, and that is more important

However, I did think it was pretty lame when she went crazy about men who preferred other women, and even humiliated herself from time to time for them. She could have done sooo much better. She had a very messed up self-validation (well, that's what she and Kelly had in common).

Quote:
Usually I liked their little battles, but sometimes it was just too much. Sometimes I just didn't understand the reasons anymore. Like when Val started the Bill-stuff... what? You know, when it got more than just the snarky battles.
Yeah, a lot of conflicts were pointless.

Quote:
Kelly didn't move in with Dylan. Dylan was going from place to place with different projects. But she and Sammy went to visit him and when she return, she said Dylan has the same commitment issues. She implies she's ready to move on. At that point, she was probably thinking about getting together with Ryan but that didn't work out.
Yeah, she left the show, but did not reunite with Dylan.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan

Last edited by yulan; 10-08-2017 at 03:55 AM
Old 10-08-2017, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If silver wasn't a teen, the writers may have Kelly and Sammy moved to Dylan's place. She was going t leave the show anyway.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulmatejunkee (View Post)

Steve - wanted Kelly
Brandon - wanted Kelly
Dylan - wanted Kelly
Colin - wanted Kelly
Tom - dated Kelly
Donna - Kelly's bff
Claire - Team Kelly
David - Kelly's brother

You forgot "Alison the lesbian wants Kelly" - Swingers, eh?

Also, "Tara wants to be Kelly" - oh dear
Old 10-09-2017, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Talking about lesbians, Val and Kelly totally should have hooked up. If the show was filmed nowadays, I think they would have explored it, at least a bit.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 10-09-2017, 08:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
Talking about lesbians, Val and Kelly totally should have hooked up. If the show was filmed nowadays, I think they would have explored it, at least a bit.
Esma, I've been saying it all along

There is serious sexual tension between them
Old 10-09-2017, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They both could've been on Brandon's bed waiting for him to come back from Steve's mom's party in s7.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmmmm. I think had they got together, they would have not even thought about Brandon

Icon by oth. fan
Old 10-10-2017, 04:07 AM
Master Fan

They both could claim third party insurance
Old 10-10-2017, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Naughty, aren't we?

There was chemistry, that's for sure.
Usually all those frenemy relationships have chemistry.

It's not really about who wanted who tbh. No matter if the guys wanted Kelly or Donna - the sad fact is, none of them really wanted Valerie or chose her over the others. And that is actually pretty sad. And the one guy who truly wanted her, she let go. Which is also very sad.

Steffi
Old 10-10-2017, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Steve wanted Val especially at first. But it may have been more temporary.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread