Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2018, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
Yeah, one of the most pointless triangles on the show full of pointless love triangles.
Agreed

I really liked Season 7, but one thing that is boring the hell out of me is the many, many pointless love interests. Mark for Kelly, Tracy for Brandon, Dick for Claire... Everyone is dullsville.

I'm having a re-watch with my family, and even though they enjoy Steve and Clare's love-hate banter, they wonder why the writers keep having Steve act like an idiot, as it gives Clare a superiority complex. I agree, it's very annoying. I don't think the writers liked Steve very much, because like Claire said, it was a constant set of screw-ups where he had to say "sorry" every other episode.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-09-2018, 05:30 AM
Master Fan

I agree there were too many pointless relationships in S7. Every good relationships got ruined on this show including Steve/Clare
Old 05-09-2018, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopManKing (View Post)
Every good relationships got ruined on this show including Steve/Clare

I'm dreading reaching the finale where they break up. One of the worst, laziest written splits I've seen on TV.

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-09-2018, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Agreed

I really liked Season 7, but one thing that is boring the hell out of me is the many, many pointless love interests. Mark for Kelly, Tracy for Brandon, Dick for Claire... Everyone is dullsville.
I did not like S7 at all.

Quote:
I'm having a re-watch with my family, and even though they enjoy Steve and Clare's love-hate banter, they wonder why the writers keep having Steve act like an idiot, as it gives Clare a superiority complex. I agree, it's very annoying. I don't think the writers liked Steve very much, because like Claire said, it was a constant set of screw-ups where he had to say "sorry" every other episode.
Yeah, their demise actually started from the very beginning of the season. Steve did act like an idiot sometimes, but I honestly find Clare even more annoying this season. I think she had superiority complex even without his stupid acts. It was never so prominent like in S7. She was on the edge of being verbally abusive to him.

Quote:
I'm dreading reaching the finale where they break up. One of the worst, laziest written splits I've seen on TV.
Yeah, because they did not even break up because of his screw ups or her superiority complex. So lame.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 05-09-2018, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So sad.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
Yeah, their demise actually started from the very beginning of the season. Steve did act like an idiot sometimes, but I honestly find Clare even more annoying this season. I think she had superiority complex even without his stupid acts. It was never so prominent like in S7. She was on the edge of being verbally abusive to him.

ITA with this. I couldn't stand Clare when she first came into the show in Season 4 because her obsession with Brandon was beyond weird. But then I grew to really like her when she dated David. Then she became bizarrely nasty to him, then she calmed down again when they got back together. Then they broke up, she started spending time with Steve, and it's the best her character ever was. Opposites who balanced each other. Then, like you said, she started acting all superior like she used to with David. It makes Steve look worse, because he just puts up with it.

Quote:
Yeah, because they did not even break up because of his screw ups or her superiority complex. So lame.

She literally just walks off into the distance and leaves him and ... Gone.

WTF, Aaron Spelling? I wonder how Kathleen felt about her character just abandoning Steve like that.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-09-2018, 11:37 AM
Master Fan

I thought Clare's obsession with Brandon was hilarious. She certainly defined linking handcuffs to the bed post and I certainly had that experience on quite a few occasions . She never did that with Steve though. Steve and Clare break up was terribly done
Old 05-09-2018, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
ITA with this. I couldn't stand Clare when she first came into the show in Season 4 because her obsession with Brandon was beyond weird. But then I grew to really like her when she dated David. Then she became bizarrely nasty to him, then she calmed down again when they got back together. Then they broke up, she started spending time with Steve, and it's the best her character ever was. Opposites who balanced each other. Then, like you said, she started acting all superior like she used to with David. It makes Steve look worse, because he just puts up with it.
I did not care about her at all in S4-5. I thought the only reason she was around was to be paired up with David, because writers did not know what to do with his character once Donna broke up with him. She only became alive for me once she was paired up with Steve.
Quote:
WTF, Aaron Spelling? I wonder how Kathleen felt about her character just abandoning Steve like that.
To be fair, I think he broke up with her. She wanted to continue relationship, but he was against it given that she was moving away. He was more realistic, I guess.

As for Kathleen, I think she did not care much, as long as she got out of contract.

Quote:
She never did that with Steve though. Steve and Clare break up was terribly done
so there was no handcuffing for these two? I remember he told her he knew her previous relationships included handcuffing (surely David and i guess he counted Brandon too, although they were never in a relationship), so I just assumed they did it at some point too

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 05-09-2018, 01:52 PM
Master Fan

Yes I do remember now regarding Clare discussing handcuffs with Steve....now I can imagine how hilarious that would be
Old 05-10-2018, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)

They don't look happy here....

{taek su mi sun}
Old 05-12-2018, 11:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

I understood that they had to break up, but I did not like how it was done.
I am an original”
Old 05-13-2018, 04:24 AM
Master Fan

It wasn't good
Old 05-13-2018, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

It really wasn´t.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 05-13-2018, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know he probably didn't want to do that but I wanted him to follow her to her dad's to help him pack....but at the same time try to talk her into staying.
Old 05-15-2018, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Why did they have to break up?

{taek su mi sun}
Closed Thread   Post New Thread