Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2019, 07:49 AM
  #196
Fan Forum Legend

 
Jaime Bee's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 262,835


Quote:
Originally Posted by .bian.carsan. (View Post)
Hi again, everyone! Been a while.

Had some free time and I ended up watching DK vids. I am loving all the conversation here especially in the last few pages.

Dylan & Kelly were my first OTP and I remember how at that time spoilers weren't much of a thing and our local TV station would air episodes months late. Oh, the nerves I had in S3 were plain funny. So glad it worked out for them in the end. As far as I'm concerned they're still together.
Bee!



I miss when we didn't have spoilers everywhere.

I knew Dylan would choose Kelly over Brenda b/c Dy/B had ran their course for the time being.

The story had to change in some way for a little while at least.

It was Dy/K's time!

I don't consider the spinoff Canon with orig. show.

Dy/K got married eventually & are still together.

That was what I felt would happen from the last episode.



Dy/K were endgame!
__________________
Dylan♥Kelly

Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover


Jaime Bee is offline  
Old 03-22-2019, 04:53 PM
  #197
Dedicated Fan
 
January174's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 625
Thought you guys may like this. This is the last page of the script of "The Real McCoy" episode 5-29.



Sorry if it's a bit big!
January174 is offline  
Old 03-22-2019, 05:23 PM
  #198
Master Fan

 
*Lori89*'s Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 16,155
Thank you January!

"Dylan takes her in his arms and gives her a kiss she'll remember for all eternity"
*Lori89* is online now  
Old 03-22-2019, 05:31 PM
  #199
Dedicated Fan
 
January174's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 625
I'm so glad you like it Lori!

I know, that's quite a description!! and a lot of pressure for an actor to read that...but it's Luke's specialty with Jennie so....

I had to quickly find the scene to watch as i couldn't remember it

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5u7jgo

time 42:54

January174 is offline  
Old 03-22-2019, 05:39 PM
  #200
Master Fan

 
*Lori89*'s Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 16,155
They both acted flawlessly
*Lori89* is online now  
Old 03-22-2019, 05:45 PM
  #201
Dedicated Fan
 
January174's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 625
VERY believable!

January174 is offline  
Old 03-22-2019, 06:09 PM
  #202
Master Fan

 
*Lori89*'s Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 16,155
Yes!
*Lori89* is online now  
Old 03-22-2019, 10:30 PM
  #203
Elite Fan

 
playgroundDiaries's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 29,834
That was more special than I expected, honestly.

First of all, the description of their thoughts/actions upon first seeing each other is spot on for what came across in the scene.

"... or at least she can't remember ever seeing it before." Are they implying that Dylan had looked at her with the same kind of feelings and intention before but she had been blind to it? Might be over-analyzing things, but that extra piece of the description did not have to be there and scripts are all about brevity.

"There is recognition there. There is heat. And there is history." I'm glad that they didn't go with the inter-cut between extreme close-ups of their eyes. That would have been too much. Luke's shorter version of his lines are also better. "I've been thinking about you a lot and -- -- -- " It's like, 'Well, c'mon, you know!'

And of course the last line. I'm gonna choose to believe it's not a reference to their past and future lives, but just an assessment of how much he loves her, how much courage he's drawn up, and where the passion level is at.

Bee, have you seen "All this time", "I Wanna Get Back With You", and "My Skin"? Those are some of the best IMO, the first two being more recent. Hehe, my nerves in S3 were unreal. And the fact that we still can tap into the feelings of anticipation and worry we felt as kids says a lot.

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome guys
Of course. Let us know if you'd like to be added to the fan list. You can embed YT videos by copying the identifying letter/numbers in the URL that come after the equal sign and pasting it between [ YT ] and [ /YT ] (without the extra spaces I put in here so that a blank video wouldn't appear).

I'm gonna save the rest of my reply for the next post so its not too long.
__________________
R.I.P. Luke

►►

playgroundDiaries is offline  
Old 03-22-2019, 11:43 PM
  #204
Master Fan

 
.bian.carsan.'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 15,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
Bee!



I miss when we didn't have spoilers everywhere.

I knew Dylan would choose Kelly over Brenda b/c Dy/B had ran their course for the time being.

The story had to change in some way for a little while at least.

It was Dy/K's time!

I don't consider the spinoff Canon with orig. show.

Dy/K got married eventually & are still together.

That was what I felt would happen from the last episode.



Dy/K were endgame!
Jaime! I finally spell your name right.

January174, WOWZA! Thank you for that script bit. I love the way it describes the kiss. I still get goosies watching it. Thanks for the link as well guys.

Overall, that episode with the flashback was weird, but the ending was to die for.

plagroundDiaries, are those videos you're suggesting or are those episodes? I get what you mean about still feeling very strongly about the episodes after all these years. Until now, I feel knots in my stomach thinking about how it could have ended and hot it went wrong for so long before they found their way back to each other.
__________________

|| Hook♥Emma || Rafael♥Jane || Ash♥Michael ||
|| Danny♥Lindsay | Dylan♥Kelly | Alex♥Izzie | Lucky♥Sam | Emett♥Bay ||
| Lucas♥Peyton | Pacey♥Joey | Clark♥Chloe | Jeff♥Ginger | Angel♥Cordy | Charlie♥Kirtsen | Neal♥Sara |

.bian.carsan. is offline  
Old 03-22-2019, 11:57 PM
  #205
Elite Fan

 
playgroundDiaries's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 29,834
Music videos, not episodes.


Quote:
O/T - Why was Vincent Young there?
I know, I know … I appreciated James Eckhouse being in attendance infinitely more. You know, I'm not sure I've seen the whole video either, just the parts you talked about re: favorite couples. This is when I learned that Tori was a total Dylan/Kelly fan apparently (I think it goes beyond supporting Jennie, she like really became invested in the show as a viewer), and that makes me happy.

"And then you get dessert, the sweet thing in the end." Jennie mouths 'oh my god' and cups her hands over her face.

Jennie's reaction was funny to watch. I assumed it was in the light-hearted vein of, 'Hey, I'm right here, buddy. Rude much?' But I see what you're saying there about Tori knowing how Jennie feels about the couple and simple props for her work with Luke.

Jennie has flip-flopped our entire lives about favoring Dylan/Kelly or Brandon/Kelly and who was the better kisser. I think it mostly depends on which relationship she's playing out at the time and - most importantly - what she remembers of the old plotlines that day. She can drive me batty with her forgetfulness, but I think Luke has a much better recollection of things. … I mean, had.
Quote:
Jennie clearly forgave him considering the backrubs she intermittently gave him for the rest of the session.
… Yeah, I really have to re-watch.


Quote:
and she says something like well everyone knew about Luke and Jennie...or something like that
Yes, that was it.
Quote:
and that was a behind the scenes pic wasn't it....although maybe they were "rehearsing"?
They're awfully handsy for waiting around on set between scenes. Really, it's the tie grab that's always made this bts pic memorable.

Yeah, the Cousin Bobby episode and Halloween established that Dylan was, in fact, still a guy and recognized Kelly was an attractive woman. Small little moments.

My "hell of a lot of tapes" turned into swapping out the books in my bookcase for VHS tapes, lol. And then, you know, stacks upon stacks on top of dressers, etc.
Quote:
I did revisit the rest of the show a couple years ago but I admit I don't know it well at all compared to the first 4 seasons, as I've only seen each episode from s5 onwards once.
Each episode only once? Well, we should all be so lucky. You can actually still re-watch and have it feel really new. Oh, S5 is very good to Dylan and Kelly.

Agree completely with what you said about Luke's naming of his favorite couple, January. Not that he didn't truly appreciate the work he did with Shannen. I think he appreciated both relationships and working with both actresses in the overall picture. But the timing here … and yeah, who knows what he'd have said otherwise. Could go either way.
__________________
R.I.P. Luke

►►


Last edited by playgroundDiaries; 03-23-2019 at 12:04 AM
playgroundDiaries is offline  
Old 03-23-2019, 06:11 PM
  #206
Fan Forum Legend

 
Jaime Bee's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 262,835
January174 thanks so much for posting the script.

That kiss is exactly as described!



Love the way Luke is looking at Jennie here.

__________________
Dylan♥Kelly

Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover


Jaime Bee is offline  
Old 03-24-2019, 09:54 AM
  #207
New Fan
 
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)

Of course. Let us know if you'd like to be added to the fan list. You can embed YT videos by copying the identifying letter/numbers in the URL that come after the equal sign and pasting it between [ YT ] and [ /YT ] (without the extra spaces I put in here so that a blank video wouldn't appear).

I'm gonna save the rest of my reply for the next post so its not too long.

Thanks ad infinitum.

Jennie responded to a Luke post by the @the9021bro guy and she also started following him.

It's interesting she's kept her remarks on Luke passing very brief.
Especially how so so close she was to him in life.

I think as BAG said its more painful for some of them. ( Few realise that with 90210 male co-stars after Jason, Luke was actually closest to BAG)


There were recent pics of her and she looks absolutely wrecked.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...uke-Perry.html

I think sweet posts like 90201bro and other outlets are a small way of trying to heal.
Arami is offline  
Old 03-24-2019, 10:34 AM
  #208
Master Fan

 
*Lori89*'s Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 16,155
Quote:
Jennie responded to a Luke post by the @the9021bro guy
Are you referring to the broken heart emoji?
*Lori89* is online now  
Old 03-24-2019, 10:58 AM
  #209
Fan Forum Hero

 
BlackWhiteRose's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 62,710
I found the picture with her post.

She posted it under this one:

__________________
~My top ships: Brennan/Booth, Shamy, Penny/Leonard, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Valerie/David, Kelly/Dylan, Monica/Chandler, Ross/Rachel, Angela/Hodgins, Piper/Leo, Jessica/James~Icon by me~
BlackWhiteRose is online now  
Old 03-24-2019, 02:26 PM
  #210
Dedicated Fan
 
January174's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by .bian.carsan. (View Post)
January174, WOWZA! Thank you for that script bit. I love the way it describes the kiss. I still get goosies watching it.
You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
January174 thanks so much for posting the script.
That kiss is exactly as described!
You're welcome!


Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
That was more special than I expected, honestly.
Yay I'm so glad you like it!!

It's nice to be able to share this with you guys who I know will truly appreciate it

Quote:
First of all, the description of their thoughts/actions upon first seeing each other is spot on for what came across in the scene.
Yes!

Quote:
"... or at least she can't remember ever seeing it before." Are they implying that Dylan had looked at her with the same kind of feelings and intention before but she had been blind to it? Might be over-analyzing things, but that extra piece of the description did not have to be there and scripts are all about brevity.
Interesting! I'm not sure, I did watch the episode yesterday but have to rewatch the whole leadup in s5 to remember to exactly where the characters are at here. But you are right, usually everything in a script is there for a specific reason...hmm.

Quote:
"There is recognition there. There is heat. And there is history." I'm glad that they didn't go with the inter-cut between extreme close-ups of their eyes. That would have been too much. Luke's shorter version of his lines are also better. "I've been thinking about you a lot and -- -- -- " It's like, 'Well, c'mon, you know!'

And of course the last line. I'm gonna choose to believe it's not a reference to their past and future lives, but just an assessment of how much he loves her, how much courage he's drawn up, and where the passion level is at.
Yes I'm glad about the no intercut of ECU either, they don't need it, and Luke's shorter lines....you really don't need it, it's just so powerful, simple, and passionate! I also noted how script says "Hello Kelly" and he says "Hello Kel" I just love that

I think the last line is just about their personal history in this life too...the passion

Also to note this script
Story by Charles Rosin and Larry Mollin
Teleplay by Charles Rosin
and Directed by.....Jason!
So we have Jason to thank for this great final cut scene and I'm sure Jennie and Luke definitely had their input too!



Quote:
And then you get dessert, the sweet thing in the end." Jennie mouths 'oh my god' and cups her hands over her face.
I loved that he said that!

Quote:
They're awfully handsy for waiting around on set between scenes. Really, it's the tie grab that's always made this bts pic memorable.
Oh my gosh I only just noticed her touching his tie! Oh my.....if we get any behind the scenes footage at all I would love to see some from this episode!

Quote:
My "hell of a lot of tapes" turned into swapping out the books in my bookcase for VHS tapes, lol. And then, you know, stacks upon stacks on top of dressers, etc.
yep that's what it was like, I had lots of bookshelves of tapes and friends would come over and see and be like "wow...so you really like tv shows huh?"


Quote:
You can actually still re-watch and have it feel really new. Oh, S5 is very good to Dylan and Kelly.
Yes I'm going to try, but it's like you guys were mentioning before, still feeling that anxiousness watching it as when you were a kid...Valerie really drives me crazy (the character, not Tiffani of course) I can't believe Dylan was with her and all the guys were falling for her lies...and she's so mean to Kelly I almost wish Brenda was there to tell her off because you know she would have done a good job of that Anyway I will brave through it because I do want to see more Dy/K, and it is always interesting for me each time I watch as I seem to gain new perspectives on it all.

Aw I didn't notice Jennie posted a heartbroken on that instagram post! I really love that pic of them too.

Sidenote I wish I had some s3 scripts with great Dylan/Kelly scenes, the only one I have is Duke's Bad Boy, I will do a quick check to see if there's anything good I missed.
January174 is offline  
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
Tiffani Thiessen Connection
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:55 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2019.

Copyright © 1998-2019, Fan Forum.


TEST