Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2019, 07:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)

This end description is so cute. ! Explosions! And then … !! … But also so accurate for how it first felt. Like, mind. blown.
You know I still remember actually watching the first time it aired, I was probably about 9 or 10 years old and when Dylan showed up at Kelly's house when she was painting and on the phone....."I think it's time I started seeing you" oh my gosh! I literally remember squealing!!! and I don't remember who was with me watching but they were squealing too! haha like....finally!!!! oh my gosh this is gonna be so exciting!!! maybe my most thrilling tv moment ever!

Quote:
It might have been orchestrated behind the scenes from inorganic inspiration, but Kelly and Dylan had been developed in ways at that point, that exact point, that organically did allow for meaningful creative potential with their characters. We obviously didn't see it coming, but there was a hotbed of material if they wanted to use it. Thus the explosion.
Absolutely!
Also there really was no denying their chemistry....the way he looks at her....almost like he is mesmerized at first, and then later on just completely in love....and so hurt when she's hurt, I'm thinking Senior Poll there when he's in the coat tails. I could see just how deep he loved her in that episode

Quote:
That's very interesting! I had no idea. Incredibly good to know. I bet it helped them to sympathize with all the characters as they were writing the storyline out.

Yeah, I had checked out the podcast at one point but the hosts were a disappointment. Thanks for the link, though. Better you to navigate …
yeah when Karen Rosin talked about the real triangle it was clear there was a sense of discretion like "don't ask too many questions" and I wondered for a minute if it were her and Charles.... probably not and totally none of our business but it was quite interesting!

Yes I will navigate through the podcasts for you all and let you guys know which are the "safe" ones to watch with good D/K info

I think Charles said that thing about the spinoff on one of the podcasts but you know he is in so many of these podcasts I don't remember which one, he has a "Chuck's corner" part of almost every episode I think and if it's not him there or pre-recorded it's something he has written about his thoughts on the episode. I had no idea he was doing this, so great that is he so happy to relive his memories of the show...I wish the hosts approached the show a little differently, but I'll take the good stuff I can, they do try to look at things on a deeper level when certain guests come on.

I never watched what happened to Jackie but I heard about it, ugh yuck...and that's the last thing I'll say about the spinoff

Oh you know what was funny in one of the podcast episodes I think it was talking about a summer episode (season 2 or 3 I can't remember) but I thought they actually mentioned you Mel (They watch the episodes without the original music, I don't know why....there are lots of the original versions out there) anyway they said one summer episode they couldn't find info on the original music and they asked on some 90210 experts forum and some very knowledgeable expert named "Mel" told them that no, that episode was completely free of music other than score. I have no idea if it was you Mel but I just thought that was funny.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
maybe my most thrilling tv moment ever!

I was every bit as surprised as Kelly to see Dylan at the door when she turned. That whole scene is sexy as hell. Mostly the nonverbal communication, the glances, the trepidation and/or rapid breathing, especially from Kelly. Yet the ending kiss has such a sweetness to it. She lets go (finally!) and is actually the one drawing him in.

Quote:
the way he looks at her....almost like he is mesmerized at first, and then later on just completely in love
Like when he kisses her in his living room - the first on-screen kiss, with her in that white dress - and breaks out of it looking all stunned, like he's seen god? That's how I've always described it here for whatever reason. That instance in particular. Just cause he's taken aback by his feelings, and that's awesome, not that I need/want him worshiping her.

Quote:
so hurt when she's hurt, I'm thinking Senior Poll there when he's in the coat tails
Awww. Aw, yeah. Loved how he was always down to hash things out, even throw-down style, but would be crushed at the prospect of things unresolved and getting worse. He completely loved her by then. And he wasn't running away.

Quote:
when Karen Rosin talked about the real triangle it was clear there was a sense of discretion like "don't ask too many questions" and I wondered for a minute if it were her and Charles.
Yeah, from your earlier post, sounds like it was their friend. It wouldn't be the first time Dy/K's scenes were maybe influenced by a real life couple, though. Steve Wasserman (R.I.P.) and Jessica Klein were divorced and teamed up to write a lot of Dylan/Kelly-centric episodes. Definitely interesting. And then I think about Chip Johannesen (sp?) and how he had at least a few thoughts about Dylan and Kelly having a real foundation. Check out the S3 DVD commentary track. There's a remark on the "Home and Away" scene. I mean, if we didn't know it wasn't all 'Beach Blanket Bingo' with them by that point, there was the evidenced friendship developing.

Quote:
Yes I will navigate through the podcasts for you all and let you guys know which are the "safe" ones to watch with good D/K info
Thaaank you, January! No burden or anything. We'll need to keep this thread active then. I think that podcast has been going for some years now.

Omg, I love the idea of "Chuck's Corner" in every podcast. It really comes as no surprise to hear from a fan, but just seeing the ending Exec Producer credits go up after the final scene was a highlight of every week in its own right, lol. Don't give me this 'E. Duke Vincent' business. Seeing 'Charles Rosin', that's when you knew you were still watching quality episodes. Well, mostly.
Quote:
I think it was talking about a summer episode (season 2 or 3 I can't remember) but I thought they actually mentioned you Mel
Holy . Yes, that was me. I remember freaking out that they reached out 'whilst I had fallen behind on BH90210 priorities' and hadn't really caught much of their show. The site was AllExperts.com, which is now defunct, kind of like a more modern AskJeeves.

►►

Old 03-17-2019, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar

I remember jumping up & down with Dylan showed up to see Kelly & the whole moment.

I'm still bitter they didn't do a flashback at least of their first kiss.

I always thought Luke played being in love with Kelly more than Brenda.

I just think he sold Dy/K more.

I think it had to do with their close RL connection.

It's really interesting to me that there is a podcast for this show after all these years.

Dylan was completely in love with Kelly by this moment for example.

It is what made me ship them even more than I already was.

Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover

Old 03-17-2019, 10:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I keep hoping that they filmed the scene and that sooner or later it will come out as a deleted scene or something
Old 03-17-2019, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Lori89* (View Post)
I keep hoping that they filmed the scene and that sooner or later it will come out as a deleted scene or something
If only they would discover old dailies like Buffy had.

https://twitter.com/SarahPaige90/sta...30524312682496

Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 03-17-2019 at 01:30 PM
Old 03-17-2019, 08:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

I was every bit as surprised as Kelly to see Dylan at the door when she turned. That whole scene is sexy as hell. Mostly the nonverbal communication, the glances, the trepidation and/or rapid breathing, especially from Kelly. Yet the ending kiss has such a sweetness to it. She lets go (finally!) and is actually the one drawing him in.

Like when he kisses her in his living room - the first on-screen kiss, with her in that white dress - and breaks out of it looking all stunned, like he's seen god? That's how I've always described it here for whatever reason. That instance in particular. Just cause he's taken aback by his feelings, and that's awesome, not that I need/want him worshiping her.
You are so right that scene is sexy as hell, and cue the sexy saxophone and fade to black! oh! so so good!
Oh my gosh it's been a while since I've seen the white dress at his house kiss, I really need to rewatch the whole of season 3 again!

I keep meaning to rewatch the season 3 commencement commentary again! it's on my list!

Yeah the podcast has been going since 2014 and I only just heard about it so it may take some time to go through them

hahaha that's so funny it was you they mentioned! they were all (I can't remember exactly what they said but something like "this expert Mel must have special access to the original episodes with the original music somehow"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
I remember jumping up & down with Dylan showed up to see Kelly & the whole moment.
Yay! I'm starting to think all around the world when that episode aired there were girls squealing and jumping in front of their tv sets

Quote:
me too! That would be amazing if they found old dailies!! We still have the description from the novel though. I should find that again.

Quote:

I just think he sold Dy/K more.
I've been thinking this myself recently too, I'm actually re-watching some season 1 and 2 episodes again and it is very different the way he plays it with both Brenda and Kelly. With Brenda in the beginning he really was this young little boy, like I need you, I love you, please don't leave me, very vulnerable etc, (just watched summer storm so that's in my head right now) and then by the time Kelly started he was more mature and just he really does look so mesmerized and excited by her and then so deep deep in love. I think maybe he had a little crush on Jennie too and was a little bit excited about the story line too just my speculation or what I will tell myself for fun

The playground scene is one my absolute favorites too!
Old 03-18-2019, 09:56 PM
Elite Fan

Dylan and Kelly always brought the saxophone back! lol

Quote:
I wouldn't even be surprised. There are at least alternative takes. Until the big reveal, if it happens in our lifetime, we have the description from the novels. 'The space between them was nothing' …

Quote:
special access to the original episodes with the original music somehow
'Somehow'? Like it's this big mystery, lol. I have a couple sets of bootleg DVDs (couldn't wait to find out if they'd be officially released) and some of my old VHS/DVD-R recordings. Ebay … it was a beautiful thing 20 yrs ago. And yes, basically I got back-up for my back-up DVD-Rs. Because I'm insane. But sometimes they glitch out.

After a long viewing hiatus, I just went on a bit of S1 binge this weekend. I can see how Dylan started out very apparently vulnerable and things evolved from there. By S3, he's quite wary of 'getting burned' again (and again).
Quote:
I think maybe he had a little crush on Jennie too and was a little bit excited about the story line too
In the S1 DVDs, Luke has an interview where he says at one point, "because we have beautiful girls like Jennie on the show", etc. And, oh man, there's a bunch of other pretty clear indications.

More new videos coming out …

►►

Old 03-19-2019, 12:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Dylan and Kelly always brought the saxophone back! lol
I really need to watch the whole high school years through to be accurate but I mainly remember first hearing the sax when Kelly talks to Jake at her house ( man that was sexy too! ) "I wasn't talking about the lasagna" cue sax then I remember the sax on lots of Dylan/Kelly, I think I need to make an accurate count of exactly which scenes the sexy sax appears

Quote:
I wouldn't even be surprised. There are at least alternative takes. Until the big reveal, if it happens in our lifetime, we have the description from the novels. 'The space between them was nothing' …
Oh my gosh, the thought of seeing extra takes maybe I should try to find a contact for Charles Rosin, he seems to really be still interested in talking about the show, he said on the podcast he was thinking of trying to get the music rights all sorted and redo the high school years dvds with original music, that would be amazing! (Even though I have original airing copies too) but something official for everyone to have. I'm really surprised at the number of people even in real life I've talked to recently who just gave up and are watching with this crappy dvd music, it's just not right! And I lend my copies to anyone I hear say this so they can watch it the way it was intended! It's my duty as a true fan. Whenever I hear some of the cast saying their kids will watch the DVDs I have this urge to quickly find them and say "wait! Stop! I'll give you my copies! " They can't watch it with the changes it will ruin it!
I think the distributors need to realize how important the music was on this show and realize most fans are adults now and would readily pay for more expensive dvds with all original scenes and music, I know I would definitely pay extra. I bought season 1-4 dvds not to watch the episodes but just so I wouldn't miss out on any of the special features, even though there wasn't much.

Quote:
'Somehow'? Like it's this big mystery, lol. I have a couple sets of bootleg DVDs (couldn't wait to find out if they'd be officially released) and some of my old VHS/DVD-R recordings. Ebay … it was a beautiful thing 20 yrs ago. And yes, basically I got back-up for my back-up DVD-Rs. Because I'm insane. But sometimes they glitch out.
That's actually a good idea, I'm going to make backups of my copies too now just in case I stupidly gave my vhs copies away when I moved overseas, every episode I had perfectly paused out the commercials

Quote:
After a long viewing hiatus, I just went on a bit of S1 binge this weekend. I can see how Dylan started out very apparently vulnerable and things evolved from there. By S3, he's quite wary of 'getting burned' again (and again).
This is really interesting! I don't think I've ever analyzed Dylan's character arc from seasons 1-3 before, im trying to rewatch too but there are just so many episodes and not enough time maybe I should book a week vacation time off work so I can dedicate myself to my Beverly hills 90210 high school episodes study

Quote:
In the S1 DVDs, Luke has an interview where he says at one point, "because we have beautiful girls like Jennie on the show", etc. And, oh man, there's a bunch of other pretty clear indications.
I watched those S1 dvd interviews again recently too and smiled when he said that. Young Jennie then so beautiful and from what most people describe so sweet! How could he not get a little crush
I remember years ago I quoted here from one of my old unauthorized 90210 books, I think it was Luke saying "we're both farm people". I was just reading an old article about Jennie when she was married to Peter, how she really wanted to have a farm as well as their home and have all her animals etc. And now recently it's being talked about just how important Luke's farm was to him. So many clear reasons why they had such a close friendship.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:57 AM
Master Fan

Wow amazing video I love that song
Old 03-19-2019, 07:05 AM
Master Fan

I'm loving your guys conversation! So many interesting things I never knew!
Old 03-19-2019, 07:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
"I wasn't talking about the lasagna" cue sax
Geeez. What were we watching?

Quote:
Charles Rosin, he seems to really be still interested in talking about the show, he said on the podcast he was thinking of trying to get the music rights all sorted and redo the high school years dvds with original music
God bless this man. It's truly depressing to watch this show being 'muted'. The music was not insignificant at all. It changes the vibe completely sometimes, changes messaging, or outright deletes a scene/moment. Sometimes the music starts at the tailend of a scene, meant to transition into the next. I find myself waiting for a cue that's not there, so they're changing the editing too (and not even caring about genre). Ugh, don't even make me think of the casts' kids watching this wrong. Distributors obviously don't give a damn - unless, as you say, we'd pay again. Here's hoping Charles can surf the wave of this reboot thing.

Perfectly paused out commercials, huh? I gave up taking the risk and figured the ads were a part of history too. I'll remember every old cell phone and cereal commercial from the mid-90s on some level.

I know it's big and unforgivable that they swapped out Sophie B. Hawkins, but the most grievous cut for me is Dylan not reaching out to Kelly's face anymore at the hospital in "Perfectly Perfect", cause her reaction says everything. That was a trim for commercials, no doubt - which I believe they freaking kept on the DVDs (will have to recheck). We need bootlegs just for that. The way I figure it, we got sound, the official discs have picture. … Most of the picture.

Yes, both farm people from the midwest who hated the limelight.

►►

Old 03-19-2019, 07:33 AM
Master Fan

I didn't realize there were so many changes on the DVDs
Old 03-19-2019, 07:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)

Totally agree with this Jaime..I always felt like he was so annoyed with Brenda (maybe b/c I was.. ) But he definitely showed more love to Kelly.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:53 AM
Elite Fan

I enjoyed the arguments too, so win-win.

►►

Old 03-19-2019, 07:57 AM
Master Fan

Yep, same. There was just more fire when Luke played against Jennie for which Dylan/Kelly benefited immensely.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread