Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2011, 12:31 AM
Elite Fan

^

Quote:
Did Jack claim Kelly to be part of the McKay family in the last two seasons? I originally had her listed as part of the Walsh family on the wiki (along with Valerie, since they were 'like' family), but someone objected and mentioned the Jack thing, among other points, which I don't remember.
Oh, I see the comment towards the bottom of the page and I know what that person is talking about, and also totally agree with him/her. Kelly was beloved by the Walshes but not part of the family. Jack didn't claim her to be part of the McKay family or anything either in the last two seasons. What he did was, in S3, declare her part of the 'new and improved McKay clan', which was Dylan, Christine, Kelly, and himself. He was just showing his support for Dylan and Kelly's relationship because she made him happy and he was anxious to reconnect with his son.
Quote:
The last two seasons came during a time of uncomfortable change for me, so I sort of look back on them fondly because I had something consoling and familiar to lean on. The show was 'there for me,' so to speak.
For me too, actually. The transition between H.S. and college. If that last season hadn't been there my Freshmen year, I think I'd have had to bring all my VHS tapes, lol.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:09 PM
Master Fan

Tfnt!
Old 05-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Elite Fan

Okay, here's my finale batch. Gonna post on the icon thread too ...

Old 05-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

Nice images. Really like the one with Dylan and Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
Oh, I see the comment towards the bottom of the page and I know what that person is talking about, and also totally agree with him/her. Kelly was beloved by the Walshes but not part of the family.
I removed her the day that message came in because I saw their points. I then conducted a poll about having her in the McKay family (since Sammy was born), and only about half the people wanted her in that one (though it now says she's been permanently listed). Anyway, I don't much run the wiki anymore. It was fun and fresh in 2008; it's kind of dull now. I may come back when I can add Nikki to the Walsh family.

Quote:
He was just showing his support for Dylan and Kelly's relationship because she made him happy and he was anxious to reconnect with his son.
Much as I like the Dylan/Jim relationship, I also really liked Jack and Dylan's bond, particularly that scene with them singing together.

Quote:
For me too, actually. The transition between H.S. and college. If that last season hadn't been there my Freshmen year, I think I'd have had to bring all my VHS tapes, lol.
I can certainly understand that.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

“And as he looked in her soft, blue eyes, he knew right then and there that his days as an outlaw were over. And that the next phase of his life was about to begin. There were lots of lazy picnics by the pond that summer … where she would read to him, from the scriptures, and fill his heart with hope. And eventually, love.”
♥Dylan/Kelly♥
Old 05-08-2011, 01:10 AM
Extreme Fan

So beautiful! I love them all, especially the Senior Poll caps. You really brightened them up, great job.

Old 05-08-2011, 07:35 AM
Master Fan

Gorgeous icons Mel!!!!!

Awesome art Kiandra!
Old 05-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Ultimate Fan

Love the icons, and art great job.

dylan&kelly♥
Old 05-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Really like the one with Dylan and Steve.
Oh, good. I was afraid that'd be the runt of the litter for sure.

Thanks. These icons have forced me to re-learn everything I had forgotten about LJ.

I finally copied the Reasons and Quotes lists to my journal, each season under a new cut/post. And, wouldn't you believe? I'm considered a good speller around here, but there are 31 spelling errors (missing letters, etc) to correct! Geez. I was just about to do so when I realized the text here will be eliminated anyway, so what makes the most sense, I think, is for me to put in a copy of the 'click here for reasons/quotes' image (temporary) under each seasonal write-up that's there now, link each LJ cut for S1-S10, and delete the long lists. New arts can replace the old when they come. Sound cool?

And that art - I've been staring at it half the afternoon, lol. Just the exact right expressions to use.

Last edited by playgroundDiaries; 05-08-2011 at 03:31 PM
Old 05-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

OMG Mel They are gorgeous Wow you have improved so much Love the soft colouring!
Old 05-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Elite Fan

Wow, was not expecting that from you. Well, I may have stumbled onto my coloring configurations like a drunk man in a forrest, but hey, whatever works, lol.

P.S. Check Cast Appreciation and be doubly rewarded. And anyone else who doesn't have "The Final Goodbye".
Old 05-10-2011, 08:33 AM
Master Fan

.........bumping up this thread with the pic Priscilla posted in Cast Appreciation

Hand holding

Last edited by *Lori89*; 05-10-2011 at 09:06 AM
Old 05-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Extreme Fan

It is adorable. Love how he leans his head towards her, and she has the biggest smile on her face.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Ultimate Fan

Love that picture. Thanks.

dylan&kelly♥
Old 05-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

Speaking of "Senior Poll," I can never quite remember what Kelly says to Dylan about winning "Most Beautiful."

Quote:
Oh, good. I was afraid that'd be the runt of the litter for sure.
I like seeing how much those two grew up. I'm pretty sure you were one of the people I polled, and I think you considered her part of the McKay family after Sammy's birth. On that note, it's interesting that Dylan and Jake had such similar situations (a kid with someone they separated from). I don't even want to imagine what a triangle would've been like, since I did like Dylan and Jake's friendship.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread