Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2018, 11:51 AM
Master Fan

I think they were bad to each other
Old 09-22-2018, 05:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Steve was just jealous and couldn't get over her. I think that if Steve hadn't made fun of or talked badly about Kelly, Kelly would've left Steve alone - or maybe even get back together with him.
Old 09-22-2018, 06:25 AM
Master Fan

Steve started off as a jerk but became nicer to Kelly as the years went on
Old 09-22-2018, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think Steve was just jealous and couldn't get over her. I think that if Steve hadn't made fun of or talked badly about Kelly, Kelly would've left Steve alone - or maybe even get back together with him.
True. He started majority of their post-break up conflicts. But I think it was not just because he did not get over her. Steve was a jerk towards women in general in that period. He was a notorious **** shamer, for example. If I remember correctly, he told Brandon in One on One that Donna was a huge ****. Now, it just crossed my mind that in S1 no one explicitly called Kelly a ****, but someone did Donna.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 09-22-2018, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Whoa. I dont remember the comment about Donna.
Old 09-22-2018, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

He said this to Brandon I think. I do recall him saying something like that about Donna
Old 09-23-2018, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh ok.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Swipe for more:

Icon by oth. fan
Old 09-25-2018, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't remember Kelly using the name, Dorkmeier.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Swipe for more of this classic scene
I like that style of leaving the bottom frames cut off, actually.

Quote:
I think that it was weird that Kelly acted like she never seen Brandon before since she was pointing him out at lunch earlier in the episode
Only as "that guy over there", lol.

Quote:
Yep. We saw how receptive she was to him in the pilot car scene, before he lunges an insult about her nose and she's brought back to reality.
Quote:
Steve was a jerk towards women in general in that period. He was a notorious **** shamer, for example. If I remember correctly, he told Brandon in One on One that Donna was a huge ****. Now, it just crossed my mind that in S1 no one explicitly called Kelly a ****, but someone did Donna.
Um, what? I'd go see what you mean, but my browser is now too out of date to play Hulu.

Quote:
So I don't get when Kelly's **** phase was supposed to take place. I thought it would be after the nose job, but she got it after the relationship with Steve. **** phase should have been prior to that, but after nose job, I guess. Were we supposed to think she was a **** in S1 at all?
Freshmen Year after the rape into Sophomore Year, I'd say. Steve picked her up more or less as a result. Then in S1, she's like a 'recovering'/former ****, if you will.
Quote:
I think the premise of the first two seasons was that she would eventually have to admit that he was the best for her.
Yet it became the story of Steve eventually having to admit defeat/that things were really over. Because ... Melrose Place. Though it totally fit, too.
Old 09-27-2018, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
Only as "that guy over there", lol.
But she could've at least told Brenda that she's seen him before. Also, when BK was finally introduced to each other in 1x02, she acted like she's never seen him before. Maybe she was just being nice and didn't want to point him out for eating lunch by himself.
Old 09-30-2018, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Steve picked her up more or less as a result. Then in S1, she's like a 'recovering'/former ****, if you will.
Hm, I am not sure she got together with him just because of that. He was a type of guy she liked at the time - popular, supposedly cool, jerkish, similar background like hers, superficial, snobbish, hedonistic. I think she sort of built her self-confidence with him.

Then, sometimes I wonder if she was still sleeping around in s1, we were just not supposed to see much of it.

also, I think that in the car scene she was briefly receptive to him just because he flattered her, that is, her nose.

then again, that nose! so she was a **** before the nose operation? Still, timeline on this show does not make sense.

Quote:
Yet it became the story of Steve eventually having to admit defeat/that things were really over. Because ... Melrose Place. Though it totally fit, too.
yeah. i'd be fine with both scenarios.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 10-12-2018, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Icon by oth. fan
Old 10-12-2018, 07:37 AM
Master Fan

Love the pic Esma. Jennie looks really cute there
Old 10-13-2018, 02:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero