Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Elite Fan

That's actually one of my least favorite lines of Dylan's.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
That's actually one of my least favorite lines of Dylan's.
Really? I like it because that's exactly what I want to say to rude customers at work.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:44 PM
New Fan

Hi everyone! Long time reader, first time replier! BH90210 is my (and my sisters) all time favourite show, and I'm excited to catch this episode re-cap at almost the beginning! I'm going to have to watch an ep every day or so to keep up! but i just wanted to say that I LOVE this too:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsrachel (View Post)
Kelly - "Who are you waiving to?"
Brenda - "My brother, Brandon."
Kelly - "Oh, he's cute."

Brandon - "My sister over there."
Steve - "She's hanging out with Kelly Taylor."
Brandon - "The blonde?"
Steve - "Yeah."
Brandon - "She's cute."

Brandon and Kelly being my number 1 all time OTP <3
Old 02-26-2012, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Hi Kylie90210, I"m Rachel. Very nice to meet you. Would you like to be added to the BK shippers list?
Old 02-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Master Fan

I recently re-watched the first six episodes. But I'd love to discuss the episodes when some action starts.

During my re-watch I did notice that the show is not holding up very well. It looked so dated! I think it is time for 90210 in HD. LOL. But the subject matter is of course timeless.

I always loved "The Green Room" because it was a really great introduction to California. The whole thing with Brandon and the Beach was really authentic and I love the friendship between Brandon and Dylan. And LMAO, at Kelly leaving Brenda at the beach! That def. remains one of the funniest moments of season 1. I do think, it doesn't quite work because we now know the character of Donna. And Donna would never forget Brenda! But it still really funny.

The whole thing with the surfers from the Valley- pretty funny. I wonder why Betty was never a love interest for Brandon?
Old 02-27-2012, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Ruby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Slippers (View Post)
I recently re-watched the first six episodes. But I'd love to discuss the episodes when some action starts.
Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Slippers (View Post)
The whole thing with the surfers from the Valley- pretty funny. I wonder why Betty was never a love interest for Brandon?
Yeah, me too. I think that Brandon probably didn't want to hang with the wrong crowd including Sarah (Betty) after Dylan and company "fake" snuck into his own suite at the hotel. However, I do think that if Brandon hadn't left, he and Sarah might've gotten along and something may arise.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

aww that hug was sweet! i love this episode because this was dylan/luke's 1st episode! he looked so hot! i loved all the beach scenes too!
Old 02-29-2012, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like how the writers wasted no time in introducing Dylan's lifestyle where his dad is too busy for him. I think the audience felt his pain and earn their applause already from the very beginning.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

1x03 - "Every Dream Has Its Price (Tag)"

"When Brenda goes shopping with Kelly and Tiffany, she is shocked to learn Tiffany is a shoplifter, but nonetheless lets Tiffany pressure her into letting her stash her stolen goods at Brenda’s house. When Brenda and Tiffany are later arrested for stealing, Cindy begins to think that moving to Beverly Hills changed her daughter for the worst. Meanwhile, with some help from Dylan, Brandon is hired at the Peach Pit."

Air Date - Thursday October 18th, 1990

Description Source: TVRage.Com: TV Shows - TV Series - TV Listings - Online TV Community!

Let's keep it moving!

This episode was interesting. I definitely enjoyed Brandon's search for a job. And I know all about bad managers. But it was great to see him hired at Peach Pit. 1st appearance of Nat and Ana!

I love Brenda's storyline too. I remembered watching this episode when I was just a kid and I can definitely relate to it. My friends too would have a lot of toys and clothes that I wish I could have. I remember asking my mom and got a huge lecture about the value of money. Not fun! But I agree with Brenda that $150 is way too pricey for a pair of jeans that Kelly bought.

I' m not sure if we ever saw Tiffani again after this episode. But I've seen the girl shoplifting storyline before on Degrassi Junior High. But I enjoyed BH90210's version much more. The acting was way way better and Shannen's performance definitely earned my applause.

"It's been so hard for me here."

Old 03-04-2012, 02:16 PM
Master Fan

Re-watching this episode rn! Thanks for updating, Rach
Old 03-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet's Walk (View Post)
Re-watching this episode rn! Thanks for updating, Rach
You're welcome, Caro.. When I saw it, I couldn't believe I've forgotten so much already. I had forgotten about the scene where Tiffani took off her dress and made David literally faint
Old 03-04-2012, 10:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie90210 (View Post)
Hi everyone! Long time reader, first time replier! BH90210 is my (and my sisters) all time favourite show, and I'm excited to catch this episode re-cap at almost the beginning! I'm going to have to watch an ep every day or so to keep up! but i just wanted to say that I LOVE this too:
Hey and welcome I'm glad you decided to join the discussion, we love meeting new fans and talking to them

Ok, I watched the episode but I had to leave so here's my review now:

I had forgotten how much I liked watching old episodes like this! At the end of them, everything feels so well-rounded and planned, that even if there were flaws I didn't notice

I love the Bren/Brandon dynamic so much, cause even when they're always in their own world, they never lose sight of each other and you can feel that. For instance, Brenda rehearsing how she would ask for permission to go riding and Brandon knowing exactly how to get her mom's "soft side", was adorable. (I always wish we got scenes like those often in the following seasons)

About my favorite character Brenda, gosh, I can't help but adore her even at their worst drama queen moments, which are more than a few, lbr I totally got how she felt frustrated that her mother would believe that she was capable of acting on her worst instincts, because in this case, avoiding the desire of stealing was a really big deal for her, as well as not ratting out a friend. I just love how her character takes every little thing that happens to her and to others around her for reflexion and self-awareness. Every experience is an opportunity to examine herself and even if she doesn't learn her lesson at the first mistake, I believe this part of her personality is what allows her to grown up and become the amazing woman she is by S4. I just love seeing every step of Brenda's journey

Love Dylan, David & Steve's moments, too, even if they're short in this episode. They add just the right amount of coolness and fun to the episode while the other stories develop and at the same time, they make you eager to see more of them

Quote:
I had forgotten about the scene where Tiffani took off her dress and made David literally faint
That was so funny! Poor David, his heart just can't take so much beauty around him
Old 03-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet's Walk (View Post)
I had forgotten how much I liked watching old episodes like this! At the end of them, everything feels so well-rounded and planned, that even if there were flaws I didn't notice
We're making homework fun again.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Elite Fan

The ate my homework, lol. But I agree with everything you guys have said. Sometimes I think about that tumultuous scene with Cindy and Brenda and how a long, developing scene with that much tension so rarely happens on a teen drama now. When Cindy cracks and says something like, "You think it's been easy on me?! [the move]", I have to just stop and not focus on anything else until she's done. It's like if someone you know personally goes into hysterics in front of you. I'm so glad Cindy discovers the truth in the end because from the shoplifting parking lot pick up scene to the living room confrontation to the final scene of the episode, you just want Brenda to tell her mom what happened. "Thanks, Tiffany", is right.

Tiffany, in a way, played out some of Kelly's initial role in the series before Kelly was explored in ep. 7. Specifically, when she's trying to describe to Brenda how "it only looks like something's there". She's surrounded by people but doesn't believe her parents love her, so she feels alone. And, as I'm sure you could guess , I loved that they had Kelly make comments to Brenda about her back story and what she thought of her 'acting out' behavior in the present. It was the first time we got to see Kelly speak in a mature, intuitive way about people, which is the quality that gave her that older sister type vibe as the season went on.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
Tiffany, in a way, played out some of Kelly's initial role in the series before Kelly was explored in ep. 7.
Kelly may be a little spoil, she has heart and she shows it to her friends.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread